Gryphon Mail

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Gryphon Mail

Unread post by Varethyn »

While I'm reasonably happy with the mixed Talhide set and Bloodied Charscale set I collected previously I spotted the gryphon mail and couldn't help but wonder what my BElf would look like in it. Shortly after I began looking for matching weapons. I'd hoped to get some feathery weapons to suit the feathery armour, but sadly there doesn't seem to be many of those, so I went after colour-matching objects.

As I'm currently using a polearm I've so far found Grizzly Glaive (left) or Village Scythe (right) for melee. Kinda leaning towards the glaive more.

And for ranged I have either the Under-Arm Crossbow (left) or the Drakkari Hunting Bow/Roc-Feather Longbow (right). I like the feathers on the bow but it's a bit too spiky for my liking.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Gryphon Mail

Unread post by Lupis »

Definitely the Glaive and Crossbow. Knowing Vare, those seem like the things he'd use. The other polearm is too rough and savage, same goes for the spiky bow.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks Lupis :)
Though I'd like suggestions for other possible matching weapons too, especially staves now since it turns out the Thornwood Staff is better than my Witch-Hunter's Harvester. Ideas are much appreciated.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks for that, Slappy :P I'll keep it in mind, but it's weapons I'm looking for right now. Plus I'd hate to be mixed up with our resident boomkin :lol:
...Actually I will get it, just for the humour factor.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

If you are going for the bird look, Origin of Nightmares is a good match for a staff. It does come from 25 man Naxx though so you can't really farm it yourself.

Otherwise any of the basic Northrend wooden staff models will match nicely for a simple rugged hunter look.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Binni
Realm: (US) The Scryers, (US) Moon Guard

Unread post by Binni »

I don't know if this is quite what you are looking for, but I did find this earthy, branchy bow: http://www.wowhead.com/item=43928#reward-from-q

There is also this color style of the same bow that is more brownish orange: http://www.wowhead.com/item=36614#.