Quest Item Restorations: No longer being performed

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Quest Item Restorations: No longer being performed

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just thought I'd pass along what I discussed with a GM tonight.

I had a staff that I wanted to see if I could get restored from a Deepholm quest I completed earlier in Cata. It's a unique appearance, there are others with the same model, but not the same colour. You could only get this one colour from the quest reward.

I actually opened 2 tickets for this since I was hopeful the first GM was just mistaken, as I have had quest reward items restored to me in the past. I was able to chat directly with the second GM, and he confirmed my fears that they're no longer restoring quest items due to the sheer influx of tickets that transmogrification has produced. While they did do this before, now they have to deny them.

It's very sad news for people who have completed quests and can no longer get the items from them, especially if they were unique. :( It hits Loremasters pretty hard. I don't quite have the title yet, but I've finished all except for a few straggler Northrend and Outland quests.

I had suspected this might be the case, after transmog was introduced, that this would happen...just imagining all the tickets that would be opened for items. Anyways, just wanted to forewarn people to hang onto unique quest items in case they aren't able to get them back at a later date.
Last edited by Vephriel on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Quest Item Restorations: No longer being performed

Unread post by Teigan »

Sad but expected and understandable. :(
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Teigan wrote:Sad but expected and understandable. :(
Agreed. Very sad, but I can understand why. :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Chances are, this is just a temporary situation until something more permanent can be sorted out in MoP....or it's the sort of annoyance that will fall by the wayside. Time will tell!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I got lucky. I thought I had vendored my newest Quill Of Terokk, and they found it in my bank (aheh... I knew that....). But when I went looking for restorations with other stuff, it was 'only a month old'. So when you say 'earlier in Cataclysm', that's probably the problem. You *may* be able to get it restored if you deleted it less than a month ago, but not... well... a *lot* earlier.

This was mentioned quite a while ago, with the issues people were having. I know I tried to get my Malefactor's Eyepatch restored to me a number of times, and got the same thing told every time. ... well, except by one GM, who told me 'You should say something on the forums with me! I have a hunter, too, and am just as pissed as you are!' :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kalliope wrote:this is just a temporary situation until something more permanent can be sorted out in MoP
New in 5.0: Paid Quest Reward Restoration!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's a terrible shame. That outfit you modelled with that staff is one of the best combos I've seen. I wonder if there's any restriction on getting a quest reset instead ;)

I assume that you already checked if the quest is available to you again. I noticed a lot of Outland quests have reset for me in Cata. I've held off doing any of them in case I might want to keep the reward for transmog in the future.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:That's a terrible shame. That outfit you modelled with that staff is one of the best combos I've seen. I wonder if there's any restriction on getting a quest reset instead ;) I assume that you already checked if the quest is available to you again.
*nod* Yeah, sadly it was the final quest of a Deepholm chain, definitely not repeatable, and I doubt they could reset the entire thing for me.

I'm sad that I never looked at the Spire of Defiance when I originally completed the quest, but I suppose at the time I would have picked the polearm since it was probably an actual upgrade. >< I have other weapons that can go with my purple and green outift, and it's not a huge deal since it won't even matter in MoP, but I was hoping to use that one for a bit. Ah well, not the end of the world. :)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Aww that sucks. =( Its kind of hard on the players and unfair to those who deleted stuff when they did not know they could use it xxx patches later but I can completely understand this. You would probably need a whole new department just for xmog gear restoration with the amount of tickets people probably send in. I wouldn’t be surprised if they found a fairly reasonable way to fix this in the future but as for now hang on to those quest rewards!

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Yea..still kinda annoyed that I couldnt get my mail eyepatch restored. :/ the only one in the entire game. >_<

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Faction change, do it and change back. :P I had done the quest for Loremaster and it reset when I changed Teigan from Alliance to Horde. So, I got my eyepatch back. Actually, its also possible Cata reset them. The quests have changed I believe. It could be worth it to check.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

XD I was just about to mention that, if you Faction change, all cata (and possibly azeroth/outlands/northrend quests) reset and you can do them over again. I first discovered it when i couldnt swim or breathe in Vashj'ir after changing from troll to worgen

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

From my topic earlier:

Somehow I did lost chest piece from my beloved Blessed Garb of the Undead Slayer set.
I was trying to ask really nicely to GM to restore it, but "...In order to restore anything to you, I must first verify that you had the item. Our logs do not go farther than 2 months. So if this happened before then, we will not be able to verify."

I got 3 pieces of this set, Tabard of the Argent Dawn achievement plus tabard it self, even this couldn't proof that I was there and got chest piece...
I'll try again, but it looks pointless...
So it seems 2 months is only window to restore anything :O(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I don't have this option. If I faction-change, A) it costs a *lot* of money (European server, Canadian cash), and B) I'd lose my lovely 'otherwise unobtainable' toys I got in Alliance-only quests. :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!