Hunter armor models in Mists

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Re: Hunter armor models in Mists

Unread post by Neilaren »

Based on comments I saw on Wowhead news, it sounds like Blizzard is going to make that former Challenge mode set the PvP set, and make that set we've seen with the wolf shoulder the Challenge mode.

Well, there go all my hopes for having that stylish feather hat. I don't PvP. I guess I have to slowly rake up the conquest to get that helm and shoulders and just transmog the rest with matching color gear.
I can't really pass judgement on the Wolf set until i can see how it looks on female blood elf. All I've really seen is that picture with the human male.

It just seems backwards. The wolf screams "I PVP" and the dragon screams "HEY ITS MISTS OF PANDARIA WITH THE DUNGEONS AND STUFF". I know the reason is probably that the art department make the wolf set more detailed and they decided that should bthe harder to get Challenge mode gear, but... man. Just just make what we THOUGHT was the challenge mode set more interesting!

Man... what else is waiting to disappoint/frustrate/anger me today? First Yak-stalker, now this. :(
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I agree--the wolf head armor looks like something you earn by killing stuff, and the set with the feathered hat looks like something you win in a competition. It even comes in copper, silver, and gold color schemes, for crying out loud. They obviously don't have all their art done yet--rep rewards are still using the Hour of Twilight armor models, for example--so I'm hoping this gets reverted before launch.

Top post updated to add a fun transmoggable hat from the Shado-Pan faction.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Zulman
Realm: Turalyon (main), Undermine (alts)

Unread post by Zulman »

ive been looking for a single shoulder leather-looking set for ages (or ever since i saw the lvl 20-30 green leather set lol) now finally my wish has been granted :headbang:
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Magli »

It looks like some of the rep rewards are starting to get their models updated. Here's some blue-quality items for physical DPS (left) and casters (right). No sign of the red and the yellow sets yet, but they'll probably show up on the gear you get when you hit Revered.

Attachments
rep sets.png
rep sets.png (138.63 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Neilaren wrote:Based on comments I saw on Wowhead news, it sounds like Blizzard is going to make that former Challenge mode set the PvP set, and make that set we've seen with the wolf shoulder the Challenge mode.

Well, there go all my hopes for having that stylish feather hat. I don't PvP. I guess I have to slowly rake up the conquest to get that helm and shoulders and just transmog the rest with matching color gear.
I can't really pass judgement on the Wolf set until i can see how it looks on female blood elf. All I've really seen is that picture with the human male.

It just seems backwards. The wolf screams "I PVP" and the dragon screams "HEY ITS MISTS OF PANDARIA WITH THE DUNGEONS AND STUFF". I know the reason is probably that the art department make the wolf set more detailed and they decided that should bthe harder to get Challenge mode gear, but... man. Just just make what we THOUGHT was the challenge mode set more interesting!

Man... what else is waiting to disappoint/frustrate/anger me today? First Yak-stalker, now this. :(
I have the same complaints as you... with an opposite opinion. I PvP a lot, and I honestly don't like the dragon-stuff. It looks flimsy and weak: not at all something a true hunter would wear, more like showy decoration at a formal Chinese dance.
The wolf-head shouldered gear, on the other hand, is the regalia of a brutal and rugged hunter. Getting all gold challenges to get such gear will be a pain. On the bright side, not many people will have it.

I used the Ruthless Gladiator's gear untransmogged until I saw about 25 other hunters with it, so I developed something much more unique, and I love it. So I suppose if I decide to make the white wolf-headed gear my new look, I won't see many clones of myself running about.

Sorry about your misfortune, though! I guess we'll both have to adapt to something new...
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Magli »

Updated the first post with the final models for the PvP and challenge sets, and to add the new Epic-quality JP rewards which you can buy after hitting Revered with various factions. Note that the red and yellow rep reward sets and the white and black challenge (former PvP) armor is currently MIA.

Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Galahandra »

Would love it if there was a bit more colour going in to the sets :)