Time to clean up...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Time to clean up...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, Mists is coming. That means more gear, more leveling needs, and no bank space. So it's time to clean up.

1) Went through and got rid of any old mats I wasn't gonna use. (a few slots)

2) Vendored most of the old polearms/staves (kept 3)

3) Vendored about 6 cloaks, since I rarely show them anyway..

So.. now at least the bags on Slickrock are mostly clear, but... Bank is still full, and void storage is full.

How do I go through the rest of this gear and clean out?....
Account has been closed at user's request.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Time to clean up...

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Ugh, I have the same problem. Is any of your gear non soulbound (greys, whites)? I'm going to send all of that stuff to an alt to hold, which is what I did at the start of transmogging, and of course anything else that doesn't soulbind like mats is always shuffled off to alts as well. I assume you have the largest bags as well, or close to it? I have all 24 slotters now.

Also if you have tabards clogging up the bags, I'd get rid of anything that you can rebuy or reobtain easily, since those just take up a lot of space, unless you wear them a lot.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

This is what I've done so far:

1) Took all the stuff that isn't bindable and shipped it off to an alt. I have a toon that has his own personal guild bank with 5 bank tabs.
2) Evaluated all my holiday stuff and pitched things that really weren't useful for anything other than wearing in town. Mostly it was clothes, along with some novelty items that really didn't do much of anything like the little wickerman, hollowed pumpkin head, etc.
3) Got rid of miscellaneous items like books that have no use other than flavor. Did keep my competed Dalaran book, though, since I can use it to hide in the tower there.

Doing that cleared out a ton of space for me, though I know it'll run out fast when MoP hits.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*sigh* My bags and bank and void storage are a mess. xD And by mess I just mean full. I've tried to cut down on my collection but it's impossible. The only empty space I have on Vephriel is her first 16 slot Backpack. Everything else is full.
Sigrah wrote:Did keep my competed Dalaran book, though, since I can use it to hide in the tower there.
If you want an extra space you can delete that book and Rhonin in Dalaran will replace it for you whenever you ask him. If I feel like going to the tower I just grab the book temporarily then delete it again when I'm done. :)
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Vephriel wrote:If you want an extra space you can delete that book and Rhonin in Dalaran will replace it for you whenever you ask him. If I feel like going to the tower I just grab the book temporarily then delete it again when I'm done. :)
Oh sweet! That's one more space for me.

Can you get the Lament of the Highbourne back if you destroy it?
I might be able to clear a space there, too.

I did manage to get about 30 free spaces in my bags now for Mists, but there's no way that's gonna be enough!
And my lowest slotter bag is my 24-slot Lamina. I could replace it with another 26-slot bag but, there's no way I'm actually tossing the lamina out after. It, like my OLD Tattered Hexcloth Sack, will probably sit in my bank... bweh. :<
I'm such a packrat...
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Vephriel wrote:If you want an extra space you can delete that book and Rhonin in Dalaran will replace it for you whenever you ask him. If I feel like going to the tower I just grab the book temporarily then delete it again when I'm done. :)
That's good to know! I kept mine for the same reason.

And like Sigrah I've tossed most of my holiday stuff (made me sad as I had quite a lot, but I wasn't using any of it) and also use an alt for holding grey and white gear, as well as any greens, blues, purples that I haven't bound to my main yet. I try not to bind gear if I don't have a set made up for it yet.

If I have to, come MOP, I'll toss some of the easier to get stuff like TBC dungeon boss drops, since I can get those again with minimal effort.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Vephriel wrote:*sigh* My bags and bank and void storage are a mess. xD And by mess I just mean full. I've tried to cut down on my collection but it's impossible. The only empty space I have on Vephriel is her first 16 slot Backpack. Everything else is full.
I know the feeling. I managed to cut down enough so that only my bank is full now, and that was after shipping off my Enchanting and Engineering mats to my bank alt. Believe it or not, my Shaman has it even worse because I actually keep at least one axe, dagger, mace, staff, and shield for each set I use there. I typically end up using 12 to 13 slots per set because of it.
I appreciate the tip Veph :)
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I think I'm going to have to do some arranging in sets, and then zap all the stuff that's not likely going to get used. For example, any gloves that show the fingers, I hate those on a dwarf.

But still, other than a few spacing in my engineering bag, bank and void totally filled. At least I cleared out most of the bag space on Slick himself.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Neith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mannoroth

Unread post by Neith »

I have multiple tiers of sets that are all sitting in my void storage, full sets taking up a ton of space, and I have a feeling I'm never going to use most of them, but it is SO hard to convince myself of this. I'm going to go through all of it, and try and decide what I can clear out. My entire main bank window is full of novelty items that transform me, or trinkets that do amusing visual things. I'm going to have to get rid of some of those, which will make me sad.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I have a bank alt, with a bank guild with 4 tabs. All four tabs are full of mats and gear I might want for something. Hoarders: WoW Edition. At least my actual toons have pretty decent looking banks and bags with plenty of room in the bags. *sigh*
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Galahandra »

The problem with my bank is the amount of Tabards I have really, got over 30 of them in the bank, as well as a few in my bags! I also like to keep things from quests :l
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

A lot of the tabards can always be picked up again from the vendor, though.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!