LF Poses

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

LF Poses

Unread post by Xota »

There are several poses I'd like to use for xmog pics, but I don't know (or don't remember) how to do them. I'm pretty sure I've used the modelviewer for them, but I'd like to use them in situ. I'm looking for toys, spells, etc, that cause these animations:
stealth walk (without any stealth effects)
hold rifle + kneeling loop
falconeer loop

and if there's a way to do prone position (ideally with hold rifle). I'm not sure if I remember seeing even an npc doing it, and if so it might have been a race where their sleep animation was in the prone position.

For pets, I know there are ways to force them to dance, are there any ways to force them to sit? My raven's been flapping for years, and I want to screen shot it perched on something, or even the ground.

edit: and I'm 99.99% sure this one won't be doable, but HoldThrown, with the pointy bit of the spear going forwards instead of backwards.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: LF Poses

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would recommend the addon Narcissus. :) It's a fantastic tool that lets you pull up a model of your character and you can select from all the animations, lighting, pose, etc.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/narcissus
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

oo. Narcissus is looking like it will be real helpful for getting falconeer shots especially. If there's a way to do combined animations, like kneeling and holding rifle, I haven't figured it out. I have one that I made that I think is from the modelviewer and not just stitched together in GIMP. I know it's the kind of thing the game can do, like when you're dancing while mounted.

Rendered shadows and in-game occlusions I guess are something I'd have to stitch in when using this though.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I've been having lots of fun experimenting with Narcissus, thanks for the suggestion. Also, I figured out how to do the kneeling+aiming pose. You have to put it in a macro and hotkey it, because it's not exactly done with the addon.
For rifle:
/run NarciPlayerModelFrame1:PlayAnimKit(2498,true)
for bow:
/run NarciPlayerModelFrame1:PlayAnimKit(5452,true)

Some pet-related visual effects not in the standard catalogue:
8700 oil-stained
69707 Essence Swapper (non-wolf hati)
72546 Titan's Thunder? I think this was a visual effect from one of Titanstrike's abilities.
78173 Crab Shank
9974 moth's moths (from moths in grizzly hills)
332 faerie fire (similar to above, but the original faerie fire graphic)

36103 top hat (I think this is the visual from the pug version. It doesn't show up on many models, but it does for maned wolves and dire worgs. A few humanoids too)