Melee, Ranged, and Wands come Mists of Pandara

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Melee, Ranged, and Wands come Mists of Pandara

Unread post by Makoes »

If this does go live, I will be unhappy to loose my cool looking "stat stick" I love running around with my polearm, they just look so damn cool. But, if we loose our melee "stat sticks" this also opens up the probability that there will be a whole wack load of new ranged weapons/designs for us to chose from.

If I might ask, where was the source info from?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

It's been posted all over the WoW website and MMO-Champion with Blizzcon going on.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/251 ... view-Panel

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

For all of you who are upset about this for RP reasons (and for the collectors), would your dismay at this change be offset if our ranged weapons displayed on our backs/hips like our melee weapons do now? For me, that would make a lot more sense for the hunter class from an RP perspective.
Account has been closed at user's request.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Also keep in mind this affects casters as well, for anyone who has caster main or alts.

I'm just boggled by the fact that several folks in my guild are working on their legendary staff at the moment that, come 5.0, they technically won't be able to use at all. Would they even be able to go back and obtain it should they choose to try and farm it the way other folks have farmed shadowmourne?

I may have read too far into the information given; it is likely that wands are an option as MH weapons and not the only MH option. Sorry for any panic I may have caused!
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Uh...If wands become mainhands I'm going to be pissed. I like my staves. -_-

That is the stupidest idea ever.
ImageImage
Poearia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Unread post by Poearia »

So, Future legendaries for hunters will have to be class specific. We gotta wait for a bow/gun/crossbow legendary....how long will that be? *sadface*
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Mmo-champ is saying they don't have plans to let us equip melee weapons at all right now :/
Regarding hunters; you are eliminating the use for melee weapons, are we still going to be able to equip it? Can we also get some mace love?
There are not any plans for that now, we are probably not going to let you equip melee. If it makes you feel better, the rogues wont be able to equip the orange legendary bow either. We do want to change hunters so you can see quivers and or ammo pouches, potentially customize them, etc.
from here.
Last edited by Daranara on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

HikariVandar
Realm: Antonidas

Unread post by HikariVandar »

Well, here's the bombshell.
Q: Regarding hunters; you are eliminating the use for melee weapons, are we still going to be able to equip it? Can we also get some mace love?
A: There are not any plans for that now, we are probably not going to let you equip melee. If it makes you feel better, the rogues wont be able to equip the orange legendary bow either. We do want to change hunters so you can see quivers and or ammo pouches, potentially customize them, etc.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, it was just asked in Q&A, and they answered they probably won't be bringing the equip back. :(
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

So stupid.
ImageImage
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Meggers wrote:So stupid.
Agreed. Very, very unhappy about this.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

"If it makes you feel better, the rogues wont be able to equip the orange legendary bow either. We do want to change hunters so you can see quivers and or ammo pouches, potentially customize them, etc. "

Actually that does make me feel a lot better. I was mad that Rogues got our bows back then, and I'm glad they can't now. And I welcome the more Hunter-centric quiver/ammo pouches customization ideas too.

But still glad Rogues won't have the bow anymore. lol

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Okay, now that we know they don't want us to use them at all, I can go to the forums and officially suggest that they reconsider. I liked the earlier suggestions of letting us equip melee in lieu of a ranged weapon while out of combat for aesthetic or RP reasons.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

peanutbuttercup wrote:Okay, now that we know they don't want us to use them at all, I can go to the forums and officially suggest that they reconsider. I liked the earlier suggestions of letting us equip melee in lieu of a ranged weapon while out of combat for aesthetic or RP reasons.
Or, they could add an option that let's people convert armor, weapons, and other misc. stuff into "trophies". While in trophy form, the item becomes usable by anyone, but it has no armor or ability stats on it. Hell, Blizzard could make this another type of "gold sink" like transmogging will be.

On a side note, in anyone else wondering if taking away melee weapons from us is going to have an impact on us being able to equip fishing poles? I know they don't have any weapon flags attached to them, but I still wonder if taking melee weapons away from Hunters will cause problems somehow.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It'd be nice if we could use the arcanite rippers and scythes from Ahune and other such stat sticks in our inventories, just for the on use perks. I'd feel bad having one and not being able to make something of it still.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the post I made on the forums, though I know it'll get buried in minutes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424794629

I love your suggestion too Sigrah, and I also wonder about the fishing poles, though I wager they'll get that fixed during PTR if it comes up as an issue.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

This is one of the changes in this expansion that I actually love. Hunters are all about bows and guns, not melee weapons. I just hope our ranged weapons show by default the way our melee ones do now.

And as for my Warlock main, I am thrilled that a wand will now be my main weapon! It's about time. I can see the reasoning for staves being equipped by casters but wands are just so much cooler. Now they'll be what we fight with rather than just a stat stick that you can't even see!

The only glitch is how they're goona work around the legendary that a lot of casters just got. Will we be able to still use it as a mount at least?? I can't imagine they would take that away. I'm still like a month away from my legendary (i switched guilds mid patch) but will definitely be able to use it for 4.3.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm sorry, as a warlock main working towards her legendary staff, the fact that it will be not only useless stat wise (which I expect to happen as content continues), but not even *equippable* for when I'm just idling around in Stormwind or something, this change makes me very upset.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Another thing to consider is the need/greed roll system.

When LFR hits, we will have rogues and warriors rolling on our ranged weapons. In MoP, at least that will be prevented.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think I'm in the vast minority here, but this actually doesn't bother me at all. I've had some cool melee weapons before, sure, but it's always bothered me that I could see my melee weapon instead of my ranged weapon. I'm a hunter, I don't want to look like a rogue with two swords on my back, or a warrior with a giant 2H axe.

I, for one, would be utterly giddy if we could instead see our ranged weapons, and if they let us see quivers and ammo pouches. /nerdgasm And zomg, can you imagine if they also did something like make dual-wielding pistol-like guns? Like how there are 2H and 1H melee weapons, make things like bows and xbows and the big rifles 2H, and make some smaller 1H ones too that you could dual-wield. I realize that's probably just dreaming, but it'd still be cool. Let me have my moment of fantasizing, lol.

Like I said, I realize I'm in the minority. ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.