So, as for Monks...

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

So, as for Monks...

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Are you interested in playing one? They seem to be the first fully-manual melee class (as in no Auto Attack.)

What race will your Monk be? Any race other than Worgen and Goblins (ASDFOUGHYU^#@%$#RJU) can be one. Yup, you can be a Forsaken Monk (wut) or a Gnome Monk. (LOL WUT)

What are your thoughts on the specs? Healer Monks sound kinda interesting. Seriously, a healer that can actually melee the boss?

If you want more info... go to MMO-Champion.

Personally... Am I the only one who would gladly play a Troll Monk? Seriously, lanky blue-skinned tusked three-fingered long-nosed Jamaican sounds even more amazing if one adds Eastern-style Kung-fu Master to the end of it. But then again, Kung-fu Zombie doesn't sound bad either. If I were Alliance, I'd probably roll a female Draenei Monk so I could go all Chun-Li on their asses.
Last edited by Pokerfase on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: So, as for Monks...

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh yes, Troll Monk. That sounds fantastic. Though I was thinking Tauren Monk…

They sound really fun, honestly. I'd probably go Healer spec, or M DPS. It sounds like a neat, dynamic sort of class to play.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Pokerfase wrote:Am I the only one who would gladly play a Troll Monk? Seriously, lanky blue-skinned tusked three-fingered long-nosed Jamaican sounds even more amazing if one adds Eastern-style Kung-fu Master to the end of it.
As the male troll dance is already based on a martial art, it seems completely natural to me.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

I bet Forsaken Monks were added as a sort of sly nod to the Jiang-shi, the mythological Chinese vampire/zombie creatures.
Image Image
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pandaren Monk first, then I might go for troll or draenei.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Sadly, I won't be playing a Monk. Based on the way they described the combat system, you are going to need mad xbox skills to play one well. I don't think my old tired fingers will hold up to that. (There's a reason I macro most of my rotations...)

Perhaps the Panderan Brewmaster might not be as bad, but the mellee combat spec? no way...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'll certainly be trying a monk, though not sure which race yet. I won't be playing Pandaren. I love the inclusion of them as NPCs and everything, and of course their land and style, but they're not my type of playable character (not a big fan of bipedal animals).

I'm thinking Undead or Troll in all likelihood. ^^
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'll be trying out a panderean monk. experience thier story and see what they can do and decide if I like the class/race.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Definitely rolling Pandaren Brewmaster. It wouldn't feel right otherwise imo.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

When I get the chance to try a Monk out, I'll try one and see if it suits me like I did with Death Knights. It it ends up being a cool down based resource system like DK's and Enhancement Shammies currently are, I will probably enjoy it and excel at it.

On the other hand, if it ends up being like another "Whack-a-mole" RNG system like Ret Paladins currently are, I probably won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

As for which race I'd choose, I have no idea right now. If Blizzard changes their minds and lets Tankard's O Terror become transmoggable, I have to say the idea of playing a Dwarven Brewmaster dual-wielding them would just be too good to pass up. Otherwise, I'd probably make a really creepy looking Gnome one.

One final note: The lack of "auto attack" or any other features Blizzard has discussed at this point is all moot until Monks actually go into testing. So many things can change between now and then. Today, they're saying they won't have auto attack, but tomorrow it could be scrapped because the idea was just unworkable for what they wanted.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Sigrah wrote:As for which race I'd choose, I have no idea right now. If Blizzard changes their minds and lets Tankard's O Terror become transmoggable, I have to say the idea of playing a Dwarven Brewmaster dual-wielding them would just be too good to pass up. Otherwise, I'd probably make a really creepy looking Gnome one.
Are you sure those are excluded?.. hadn't heard that. But yes, that would be awesome. Of course, everyone else will be doing it too... :-P
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Slickrock wrote:Are you sure those are excluded?.. hadn't heard that. But yes, that would be awesome. Of course, everyone else will be doing it too... :-P
I check the PTR a couple of times a week to see if any of the gear I currently have becomes "off limits" in transmogging. Last I checked a couple of nights ago, the tankards (and Direbrew Shanker that looks like a broken bear bottle) aren't allowed to have their graphics used for mogging purposes. They have been that way for a couple weeks now I think. With a "Brewmaster" spec coming, though, it might be possible to persuade Blizzard that the idea of swinging tankards isn't so silly anymore.
Last edited by Sigrah on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Draenei Monk, for two reasons:
-HOOT TO DA FACE
-Lorelol (what's the monk trainer doing in Ammen Vale if you just crashed?)

But that's after a Pandaren Monk first and foremost.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'll be making a Pandaren monk tank most likely, as well as a Troll monk healer. I'll see about the DPS monk, possibly Draenei or Dwarf...
Drayk
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Drayk »

I'll be making a Pandaren Monk but other than that I don't have any more space on my main server for any other characters D:
WTB more character slots!

Also Gnomes REALLY don't fit as Monks...I would have taken out Gnomes and Trolls. Undead and Draenei are slightly iffy for me too.
Last edited by Drayk on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Pandaren first and foremost. Not sure if I'll actually do other races of it though, they're all still so clunky and boxy it just makes me feel like it would highlight their age even further.

That aside, I'm not entirely sure on all the race choices for Monk though. Forsaken, Gnomes and Blood Elves? Hm. Especially Gnomes though, seriously, ugh.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Andine wrote:-Lorelol (what's the monk trainer doing in Ammen Vale if you just crashed?)
Best reason to roll a character ever.

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Holgarr »

Dwarf Monk - redefining the idea of "Drunken Boxing" style.
Image Image
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Likely make a panda monk and mayhap a panda hunter.

Might make a gnome monk, just because gnomes are a fun race, but are not available in my fave classes.

Can we get a gnome hunter pretty please?!
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Holgarr »

Shade wrote:Likely make a panda monk and mayhap a panda hunter.

Might make a gnome monk, just because gnomes are a fun race, but are not available in my fave classes.

Can we get a gnome hunter pretty please?!
I've heard a couple (unconfirmed, natch) rumors that, to balance out the Horde getting an extra shaman through the Pandaren that join them, the Alliance MIGHT get an extra pally race... like gnomes.
Image Image