Possible Illidan Return (maybe not in MoP)

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Possible Illidan Return (maybe not in MoP)

Unread post by Macha »

I figured this would happen, Metzen has said a few times Illidan is one of his favorites and he "loves a good redemption story". Not to mention it's obvious that the Emerald Dream is loaded with potential to be a future expansion. And I'm sure Blizzard knows very well that a lot of us want to play Demon Hunters.

I'd wager that after Panda Vacation Expansion we'll have ourselves a trip to the Emerald Dream with Demon Hunters as a Hero Class. Or at least, I'm hoping that would be the case. :P

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

One can hope! Cause I'm sorry but the way Illidan died was....meh

Daniel and I were talking about this last night. We both feel BC could've done better. The trailer showed Illidan as the baddie but he....didn't really do anything except sit in black temple and wallowing in his madness. The true villain was kil'jaeden and the burning legion. And KAel'thas.....I dunno wtf happened with him. In Warcraft, he showed no signs of madness. He was loyal and helpful to Illidan even after his defeat...then BC comes along and he's going batshit crazy.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Blizzard has said on multiple occasions that BC could have been done better plotwise. Too many villains, no connecting storyline to tie the zones together. This is why Wrath focused entirely around Arthas and why the Cataclysm tied everything in Azeroth back to Deathwing or the Shattering in some manner, shape, or form.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Blizzard has said on multiple occasions that BC could have been done better plotwise. Too many villains, no connecting storyline to tie the zones together. This is why Wrath focused entirely around Arthas and why the Cataclysm tied everything in Azeroth back to Deathwing or the Shattering in some manner, shape, or form.
Was it ever explained ingame why Kael'thas suddenly went "Oh yeah I'm on Kil'jaeden's team now! LOL!"? That always made me just scratch my head and I'm wondering if I missed something entirely.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

The lore i got was that Kael thought Illidan as an idiot and believed he was just a pawn in Kil'jaeden's plan (kael thinks its his plan or something but i doubt that), my guess is that all the felmagic he was taking in, and the fact of his own natural and powerful affinity with magic attracted Kil'jaeden who possibly had his eye on Outlands for a while due to it being in the process of invasion and elimination by the legion) and in turn warped him and made him believe he'd gain godlike powers by bringing Kil'jaeden to Azeroth. I think Kil'jaeden had the plan of using Kael to pull himself through, then create a recreation of what happened during War of the Ancients by enslaving and forcing Azeroth's magi to summon Sargeras through or just plain and simple invading it himself in hopes Sargeras would be pleased. (your right, it does seem kinda scratchy, a lot of that was based off my knowledge of Sargeras, Kil'jaeden (being the smarter and more sinister of the corrupted eredar leaders, archimonde being the other, less bright one that accepted the sargeras' offer) Kael's in-game speech in Shattrath).

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:The lore i got was that Kael thought Illidan as an idiot and believed he was just a pawn in Kil'jaeden's plan (kael thinks its his plan or something but i doubt that), my guess is that all the felmagic he was taking in, and the fact of his own natural and powerful affinite with magic attracted Kil'jaeden who possibly had his eye on Outlands for a while due to it being in the process of invasion and elimination by the legion) and in turn warped him and made him believe he'd gain godlike powers by bringing Kil'jaeden to Azeroth. I think Kil'jaeden had the plan of using Kael to pull himself through, then create a recreation of what happened during War of the Ancients by enslaving and forcing Azeroth's magi to summon Sargeras through or just plain and simple invading it himself in hopes Sargeras would be pleased. (your right, it does seem kinda scratchy, a lot of that was based off my knowledge of Sargeras, Kil'jaeden (being the smarter and more sinister of the corrupted eredar leaders, archimonde being the other, less bright one that accepted the sargeras' offer) Kael's in-game speech in Shattrath).
Still seems kinda odd cause Kael respected Illidan highly and wanted to help his people but the fel energies corrupted draenei so it's not too farfetched. Was all of this explained in quests or something?

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Kael was desperate and weak and found Illidan to be a role model, but views change, and Kael is a venomous snake by nature and very hot tempered, impatient, and believes hes better then everyone else. It probably didnt take him long once he became established in Netherstorm to start thinking ill-ly of Illidan, possibly hastened by the fel magic which really fries your brain. In the game after his defeat in the Eye /quote

Silence descends upon Shattrath.
A'dal's thoughts invade your mind.
A'dal yells: Kael'thas Sunstrider has been defeated by <name> and (his/her) allies
A'dal yells: The time to strike at the remaining blood elves of Tempest Keep is now. Take arms and let A'dal's song of battle empower you!
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Your monkeys failed to finish the job, naaru! Beaten but alive... The same mistake was not made when we took command of your vessel.
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: All for what? Trinkets? You are too late. The preparations have already begun. Soon the master will make his return.
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: And there is nothing you or that fool, Illidan, can do to stop me! You have both served me in your own right - unwittingly.
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Lay down your arms and succumb to the might of Kil'jaeden!

/unquote

He had plans in the making with Kil'jaeden so he obviously attracted KJ's attention a while ago and KJ takes after Sargeras quite a bit imo, both offer godlike powers if they serve and will continue to grow more powerful as they succeed, and eternal pain and suffering should they ever fail. KJ already has visited Outlands before, being the one who warped Gul'dan and Ner'zhul, it was KJ who punushed Ner'zhul for his disobedience and as punishment banished NZ's soul into crafted armor and weapon and cast him to Northrend to suffer eternally in a block of ice. NZ managed to somehow get the sword free which Arthas found and was tormented by it till he finally adorned the armor to become the Lich King.

Kil'jaeden i think is, out of all the demons we know in-game, thee absolute, still living, and most trusted and loyal advisors to Sargeras, hes one of the most powerful, and the only time hes ever failed Sargeras to lore knowledge is that he failed to fully enter Azeroth.

One of my dads friends is a huge KJ fan and got me into it

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

I'd rather not have him come back. Yes, his potential in Burning Crusade was wasted, but it would seem cheap to revive him from the dead. We've had a lot of villains revived or zombified, and personally, the only one I thought was an interesting progression with a plausible reason was Kael'thas.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:Kael was desperate and weak and found Illidan to be a role model, but views change, and Kael is a venomous snake by nature and very hot tempered, impatient, and believes hes better then everyone else. It probably didnt take him long once he became established in Netherstorm to start thinking ill-ly of Illidan, possibly hastened by the fel magic which really fries your brain. In the game after his defeat in the Eye /quote

Silence descends upon Shattrath.
A'dal's thoughts invade your mind.
A'dal yells: Kael'thas Sunstrider has been defeated by <name> and (his/her) allies
A'dal yells: The time to strike at the remaining blood elves of Tempest Keep is now. Take arms and let A'dal's song of battle empower you!
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Your monkeys failed to finish the job, naaru! Beaten but alive... The same mistake was not made when we took command of your vessel.
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: All for what? Trinkets? You are too late. The preparations have already begun. Soon the master will make his return.
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: And there is nothing you or that fool, Illidan, can do to stop me! You have both served me in your own right - unwittingly.
Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Lay down your arms and succumb to the might of Kil'jaeden!

/unquote

He had plans in the making with Kil'jaeden so he obviously attracted KJ's attention a while ago and KJ takes after Sargeras quite a bit imo, both offer godlike powers if they serve and will continue to grow more powerful as they succeed, and eternal pain and suffering should they ever fail. KJ already has visited Outlands before, being the one who warped Gul'dan and Ner'zhul, it was KJ who punushed Ner'zhul for his disobedience and as punishment banished NZ's soul into crafted armor and weapon and cast him to Northrend to suffer eternally in a block of ice. NZ managed to somehow get the sword free which Arthas found and was tormented by it till he finally adorned the armor to become the Lich King.

Kil'jaeden i think is, out of all the demons we know in-game, thee absolute, still living, and most trusted and loyal advisors to Sargeras, hes one of the most powerful, and the only time hes ever failed Sargeras to lore knowledge is that he failed to fully enter Azeroth.

One of my dads friends is a huge KJ fan and got me into it
Ah okay. Seems a lot of this was in bits and pieces and some stuff didn't seem to be mentioned at all and is left to speculation. Or as Daniel put it "A lot of it happened off screen".

I'd love for KJ to come back too. We didn't destroy him. He was just...coming out of a hole...so we smacked him back in going "Back beast! Back!". I imagine he's still pretty pissed off we did that.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:Ah okay. Seems a lot of this was in bits and pieces and some stuff didn't seem to be mentioned at all and is left to speculation. Or as Daniel put it "A lot of it happened off screen".
That entire bit that Xakaal quoted was from the RP in Shat after Kael was defeated in The Eye. That's pretty central, or it was back in BC. It's no different than the conclusion of the Algalon chain. Hardly "off screen."

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Ah okay. Seems a lot of this was in bits and pieces and some stuff didn't seem to be mentioned at all and is left to speculation. Or as Daniel put it "A lot of it happened off screen".
That entire bit that Xakaal quoted was from the RP in Shat after Kael was defeated in The Eye. That's pretty central, or it was back in BC. It's no different than the conclusion of the Algalon chain. Hardly "off screen."
Oh I know that. I meant before the RP event from A'dal. Thats the stuff I meant that seemed to happen 'off screen'.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Oh I know that. I meant before the RP event from A'dal. Thats the stuff I meant that seemed to happen 'off screen'.
You mean the stuff he did at the end of the raid boss fight?

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Was that in Temptest Keep? I've never done the raid (No one ever wants to do that raid on my server and if they do, the phoenix is usually on reserve). I wasn't aware all of that was explained in the raid.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Yea a lot did happen, TBC wasnt uniform so theres a lot that you'll discover even now as you go through the zones and there are no books for post-destruction of draenor to wrap it up, but it was Blizzards first expansion, their first attempt at creating lore atop lore they've already set in stone, it just happens that unfortunately a few extremley lore-big characters were in it, i see TBC as a kind of prototype, and each expansion after a more refined edition of the direction blizz is trying to go (it kinda felt that we were starting to see war brew near the end of Wrath and Cataclysm has given blizzard the oppertunity to bring about a full war between the horde and alliance which was (im pretty sure) their original concept).

Before the Sunwell patch i dont think the RP event in Ad'al's room was ever there, so for everyone who did The Eye before the patch, no one would of pieced together why Kael came back from the dead (since they dont know he was actually 'defeated') unless they were in Shatt and the event suddenly took place

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah. Sorry if I sound totally stupid about Kael's mysterious bipolarism. XD I didn't start playing WoW until the end of BC went Black Temple had just came out.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I never knew why Kael made a return in the sunwell patch till mid Wrath i was in shatt and the RP event happened, everytime i saw the Sunhawk symbol in flames it was long after the event happened so i was always left sitting there clueless as to what it meant :lol:

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:Was that in Temptest Keep? I've never done the raid (No one ever wants to do that raid on my server and if they do, the phoenix is usually on reserve). I wasn't aware all of that was explained in the raid.
Err, yes. Kael'thas was the final boss of The Eye/Tempest Keep (it goes by either name). And he never. shut. up. One of the talkiest bosses imaginable. Which is why his chattiness in MagT was all the more obnoxious.

His whole story is here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Kael%27thas_sunstrider.

It's not hidden at all; it's just parts of the game you never experienced personally. Which, especially in BC, meant that it was pretty likely you'd miss big plot points.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:I never knew why Kael made a return in the sunwell patch till mid Wrath i was in shatt and the RP event happened, everytime i saw the Sunhawk symbol in flames it was long after the event happened so i was always left sitting there clueless as to what it meant :lol:
Least Blizz is trying to link it up so gotta give em credit.

@Kalii - Well no wonder people dont wanna do TK. XD And I thought Putricide and that one Queen chick in ICC was chatty(the 2nd one in after Marrowgar. She never STFU....)

Yeah I probably did miss some huge plotpoints then. Now I wanna do TK even more just to see it all. I remember my first time into Sunwell. It was absolutely breath taking.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:@Kalii - Well no wonder people dont wanna do TK. XD And I thought Putricide and that one Queen chick in ICC was chatty(the 2nd one in after Marrowgar. She never STFU....)

Yeah I probably did miss some huge plotpoints then. Now I wanna do TK even more just to see it all. I remember my first time into Sunwell. It was absolutely breath taking.
People don't want to do TK because the trash is still mightily annoying. Kael's boss mechanics are still a bit rough on those not paying attention, though I believe that's a moot point at 85, where it can all be brute-forced.

Kael being a nonstop chatterbox is just icing. ;)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:@Kalii - Well no wonder people dont wanna do TK. XD And I thought Putricide and that one Queen chick in ICC was chatty(the 2nd one in after Marrowgar. She never STFU....)

People don't want to do TK because the trash is still mightily annoying. Kael's boss mechanics are still a bit rough on those not paying attention, though I believe that's a moot point at 85, where it can all be brute-forced.

Kael being a nonstop chatterbox is just icing. ;)
Solution: Bring duct tape! :D

Whats the trash like in there? I've heard his boss mechanics make people wanna rage. Isnt it like you fight his 3 minions then him then fight all four of them at once? Or...something like that?

*snort* I've had level 85s wipe on Sunwell....fighting M'uru. Don't underestimate the power of some peoples stupidity. XD They will find ways to make you go "....wow...just.....wow...."

LisaaraPokefarm