Just a minor MoP question for us hunters

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Just a minor MoP question for us hunters

Unread post by Yaone »

So, with MoP coming up I got a question for you all. Providing everything goes as said (choosing our pets talent trees). Which of your pets is getting set free if any?

For me, I am saying good bye to a couple pets, namely my ravager whom I keep only for the debuff he brings. And that leaves my turtle. Yep, Terrorpene is going to be sent back to Hyjal to go swim in lava. I may or may not have more pets up for release, but those two I can say with certainty will be freed once pandaclysm hits.

So how about you all?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Just a minor MoP question for us hunters

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm very excited at the prospect of being able to choose pet talent trees. :) So many of my pets will get out more, I really hope they go with that idea.

I don't think I have any pets I'd set free due to that reason, though. I tend to not even think about their buffs/utility. I tame them first and foremost because I like them as individuals. If they happen to have a useful buff, then it's a bonus. :) Luckily I seem to have the majority of helpful abilities in my arsenal just by chance. I haven't gone out to tame a specific pet if I'm missing one though, I just roll with what I have. I actually have a ridiculous surplus of Tenacity pets (for some reason many of my favourite creatures turn out to be Tenacity xD), most of which I don't use often for actual content, so if I can change them to Ferocity that will be perfect. ^^
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

I don't think I'll be releasing any of mine, at least not for that reason. I've never tamed a pet for its talent tree or its buff. It's all about looks and personality for me. :)

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

ravager
ravingsockmonkey
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US

Unread post by ravingsockmonkey »

Honestly I want more stable slots. I've actually rolled a couple of hunter alts for the express purpose of taming other pet looks since my main has one, maybe two, stable slots open.

I do try to rotate pets out so they all get used, but being able to choose specific talent trees for them would be great in helping this out. I also hope they make the pet's talent trees separate from ours. In other words, I want to be able to switch to my pet's off spec without having to change to my own.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

GormanGhaste wrote:ravager
:lol: Ditto.. Only got one due to its buff.. Not even borther to name it someting specilal, mine is just named Dims, which means thing in Danish :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

None of my pets are going anywhere. I'll be happy that I can finally take Terrorpene into a raid and have him kick much butt.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Pet talent tree choices won't change the buffs/debuffs they bring, so won't impact me any. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'll actually be using some of my other pets a lot more than I do now once you can decide what talent tree they go down. I can't wait to make a Tenacity spirit beast. They would make an awesome tank to be able to spot heal you or themselves if the going gets tough, it will be great!

Same deal for some of of my other pets that simple would perform better as ferocity with BM compare to their current tree.

It will be great! :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm probably going to do some major stable overhauls, honestly. Look at the entire list of ALL beasts, pick what I want, and spec them from there. So that means I'll probably be doing a lot of abandoning! >.<

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I'm probably going to do some major stable overhauls, honestly. Look at the entire list of ALL beasts, pick what I want, and spec them from there. So that means I'll probably be doing a lot of abandoning! >.<

Yeah that will be the hardest part. I hate the word abandoning Blizzard should really renamed abandoning to " set free" or " release into the wild"

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

id be taming more. not releasing.
Think. a giant dps northrend worm or pretty warpstalker!

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

All of my pets are ones that I appreciate, I think I'd actually fill out my stables if this happens. :o
ImageImage
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Akyo wrote:id be taming more. not releasing.
I am hugely in favor of adding pet talent tree respecs, but this is one thing I think they are going to have to look at - if we can combine any family skill with any talent tree, then worms and chimera will bring back the ferocity pet DPS ranking they sought to remove back in 4.0...
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Worba wrote:
Akyo wrote:id be taming more. not releasing.
I am hugely in favor of adding pet talent tree respecs, but this is one thing I think they are going to have to look at - if we can combine any family skill with any talent tree, then worms and chimera will bring back the ferocity pet DPS ranking they sought to remove back in 4.0...
I agree. I think that maybe they should just make an AOE talent in Ferocity and Cunning, and give these pets either dif abilities or effects on their current abilities. Otherwise, I do see worms particularly (for their debuff) becoming the new wolf (man, I had to actually think of what the last "leet" pet was... that's glorious) with their burrow AND acid spit while being high damaging in Cunning or Ferocity.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*nod* I feel fairly certain that they aren't going to allow Ferocity Worms/Chimaeras to exist with those abilities, at least not solely so that they're the obvious pet choice to make. There will definitely be some tinkering done.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

I only carry two with me atm, a shale spider tank which rarely gets used, and my Loque. Odds are i'd replace the shale with another Loque if I don't lose out on any serious pet spells, and if I need anything else.. Well, i'd just catch a bunch more Loques, lmfao!

Any excuse to spend time in Sholazar is a good one imo. x3

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Kalliope wrote:Pet talent tree choices won't change the buffs/debuffs they bring, so won't impact me any. :)
Well, that's the thing. Right now there are buffs/debuffs that would be nice to bring, but, many of them are tenacity or cunning pets, which the dps loss isn't worth the buff.

But... if you could spec a boar, rhino, or other as ferocity, that would bring a worthwhile buff, without the huge dps loss.

Also remember that they said they were going to eliminate a lot of the buffs/debuffs, so what our pets bring could change a lot.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Vephriel wrote:*nod* I feel fairly certain that they aren't going to allow Ferocity Worms/Chimaeras to exist with those abilities, at least not solely so that they're the obvious pet choice to make. There will definitely be some tinkering done.
I hope they do, then BM might finally have viable AOE again... :o
Account has been closed at user's request.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Slickrock wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Pet talent tree choices won't change the buffs/debuffs they bring, so won't impact me any. :)
Well, that's the thing. Right now there are buffs/debuffs that would be nice to bring, but, many of them are tenacity or cunning pets, which the dps loss isn't worth the buff.

But... if you could spec a boar, rhino, or other as ferocity, that would bring a worthwhile buff, without the huge dps loss.

Also remember that they said they were going to eliminate a lot of the buffs/debuffs, so what our pets bring could change a lot.
Meh, I'm not too concerned about DPS loss in the Cunning Tree, in fact, there are time's I've pulled better numbers with one, but it will certainly be nice to have Kings without needing a Tenacity Pet or Pally. Also, this change will definitely be good for people, like me, who have multiple skins of the same pet. Now all my spiders won't have to be just color-changing clones of eachother.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael