No worgens monk?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

No worgens monk?

Unread post by Ana »

Was browseeing the races which can be monks.. and no worgens?? To me that is silly because a monk is a master in barehand combat and a worgens claws would be perfect for that... bah had really hoped to make a worgen monk :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: No worgens monk?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worgens nor Goblins will be monks, no. That's kinda old news, actually, as it was announced during Blizzcon.(No offense intended with that statement!).

Goblins dont care about meditation or inner peace. Worgen are too angry and at war with themselves to be able to master the Monk style. So all in all, it makes sense. The combat style has nothin to do with why a race is chosen.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I think its more technical issues.. they dont want to reconstruct the goblins and worgens since they already have well detailed (for cataclysm graphics) skins on em already and would probably have to recreate the skins if they recreate the bone structure

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

awww poop :(

To me it makes more sence with a Worgen monk then a tauren monk...

bah my husband will be disapointed to.. his bigbadwulf (yes thats the name) wont get to be a monk... guess he stays a hunter... poop :/

wtb worgen monks!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

It is always possible it might change in the future.

When they first announced Death Knights, they had a few races that were not supposed to be, but were by the time it went live.

Honestly, I think a Worgen monk would work fine if done right, but I can also see why they would not. :lol:

I'm of a 'wait and see' mindset right now.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I think it has more to do with monks being started at level 1, and worgens and goblins having their stories start before the cataclysm happened, when the mists was still around Pandaria, so no pandaren to teach them the ways of the monk class.

It worked with the worgen and goblin death knights because they aren't the same people as the ones we start at level 1. If I recall correctly, the DK worgens are the ones that where in Silverpine with Arugal, but I'm unsure of the goblin's origin, I think it was Booty Bay.
ImageImage
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:I think it has more to do with monks being started at level 1, and worgens and goblins having their stories start before the cataclysm happened, when the mists was still around Pandaria, so no pandaren to teach them the ways of the monk class.

It worked with the worgen and goblin death knights because they aren't the same people as the ones we start at level 1. If I recall correctly, the DK worgens are the ones that where in Silverpine with Arugal, but I'm unsure of the goblin's origin, I think it was Booty Bay.
By this logic, worgen cannot be death knights. Not by the way the in game versions of death knight are presented, anyway. The story timelines and lore do not match up whatsoever as the death knight starting zone takes place during the Wrath of the Lich King era and worgens were not accepted as sentient beings into the Alliance until the Cataclysm happened.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

For the most part it's a technical matter, they didn't want to change the brand-new models and skeletons of the Worgen and Goblins, the focus is updating the older models and skeletons.

On a lore/non-technical standpoint, it does make sense. Goblins can use all of their classes besides Death Knight to make money, no one gets rich from learning zen in the art of ass-kicking. Worgen would probably be more inclined to the ways of the monk, but like the Death Knights most would be trying to control their beastly nature (which zen would help, actually) or prefer to be more savage about how they fight. Also with the Death Knight, Arthas wasn't picky about which races he would resurrect into DKs, so there's DKs of every race running around.

On a side note, personally I'd like Blizzard to implement another class that has very few race choices. The Demon Hunter would work perfectly, since in lore only Night Elves and Blood Elves commonly became DHs, with humans extremely rarely becoming one and no other race doing so. Maybe when the story of WoW returns to the Burning Legion Blizzard can put the Demon Hunter in.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I understand this. Not every race can play as every class can they? No they can't so I can see why Worgen and Goblins can't be monks.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

gnomes shouldn't be monks either IMO
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Kayb wrote:gnomes shouldn't be monks either IMO

They can? Meh, I don't like that.
ImageImage
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

cowmuflage wrote:I understand this. Not every race can play as every class can they? No they can't so I can see why Worgen and Goblins can't be monks.

I am oki with that not all races can play all classes.. just imo a worgen monk makes more logic then a tauren monk :D

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Cow monks make tons of sense to me considering how druidic and tribal they are. They're all over being one with nature and peaceful, which is what monks are...mentally if that makes sense. They have that sort of sense to them.
ImageImage
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'd prefer to have a worgen monk for my 11th slot, but I guess I'll be rolling a panda monk just like everyone else.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

heh yeah im gonna have a female panda monk - but my husband is really disapointed that the worgen cannot be a monk

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I think also not letting the cataclysm races have monks might be part of how a lot of people didn't like the lore mash-up with them getting dks. The starting zones don't fit with them, so better to just not force it.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Meggers wrote:Cow monks make tons of sense to me considering how druidic and tribal they are. They're all over being one with nature and peaceful, which is what monks are...mentally if that makes sense. They have that sort of sense to them.
Pretty much. Worgen have an internal battle, which monks cant have. Monks need inner peace.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Tauren Monk will be so awesome!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I can understand the thematic hurdles, but it isn't something that can't be overcome. A worgen can master the inner turmoil, after all.

And plus if a goblin can stick a drill in the ground and become a shaman, a worgen monk isn't much of a stretch to me.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Jessibelle wrote:
Meggers wrote:Cow monks make tons of sense to me considering how druidic and tribal they are. They're all over being one with nature and peaceful, which is what monks are...mentally if that makes sense. They have that sort of sense to them.
Pretty much. Worgen have an internal battle, which monks cant have. Monks need inner peace.

Do Belfs have inner peace ? or undead? :)

A worgen can master the inner turmoil, after all.
yup :D

I think the main reason is that Blizzard dont want to change to much with the worgen to start with.. which is a pity.. the model could use some updates - eventhough i like it more now that i have a rp worgen in predatoria