Mounts to be made account wide.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Mounts to be made account wide.

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

To be honest I am kind of looking forward to the change. They will probably do something like with the titles/achievements where your character has to be the same lvl as the toon you got the mount on so you probably won’t see a bunch of lvl 20s running around on a ravenlord or anything.
I understand what you are saying- part of the joy of getting a mount or anything worthwhile is knowing you earned it. Getting it for free on your other toons take that away and suddenly everyone has the same mounts on every toon. I don’t like that idea.
Yet on the other hand I can think of many of my other toons who are stuck with a default horse/gryphon because after running ravenlord 222 times I refuse to ever go back in there again. And after camping posedus for a month I doubt I would ever want to work that hard for an alt. yet I don’t have the mount on those toons because I didn’t want to have to do the work for them and in my view that is completely fair
However It would really take the stress off of me for raids. No more worrying about the ashes of al’ar dropping when I’m on my shammy because no one else would heal so I didn’t get to go on my main. No more “of course it would drop on the one toon I hardly play.” Stories.
I think I will be ok with this is there is some kind of regulation for how many toons get a mount. (like say you can only give 2 other characters the mount. Or better yet if toon A gives it to toon B then toon A no longer has the ability to summon said mount. In the end I want things to open up more so we can show off what we have earned but in a way that keeps mounts from losing there rare status.

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Nothing against anyone, but I have never understood the reason for having something only because it was rare.
I have never understood status symbols, either in RL or online.
Or the need of some people to have such objects.

The closest thing I have in WoW is King Krush. (well, I guess the ZA bear too)

I tamed my King Krush several years ago because I loved his coloration, no other devilsaur looked as cool as he does.
Sure it was a pain to do, and for a time I loved the "Where did you get HIM?" whispers.
But after they "nerfed" him I started seeing him all over the place.
This didn't take anything from my experience of taming him, nor did his lack of "rareness" take anything away from him either.

The joy of having King Krush as a pet did not diminish when others had him.

To me, the more people have something that they enjoy the better.
All the mounts could be common and I would still enjoy the mounts I enjoy.

It would take nothing from me and give to so many others that which I have enjoyed.

To me, that is one of the most important gifts that one can give another in life.
Sharing with other that which is important to you.

....A bit philosophical for WoW I am sure...
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I agree not needing to have it cause its rare, I collect all mounts and pets for the sake of collecting all the pretties! Sometimes though you can tell they put a bit of extra work into the harder to obtain critters. Which is part of the attraction, they're shinier!

I wish they would reinstate all of the retired mounts, except arena drakes...because those were for a specific season. But the ZA bear/Zg mounts/NAxx drakes...should still be ingame IMHO.

I saw a stupid bluepost on the EU forums about wanting something to just stay rare for the sake of being rare....pissed me right off. (Was RE: people asking about the retired drakes to be put back in)
ImageImage
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Meggers wrote:I saw a stupid bluepost on the EU forums about wanting something to just stay rare for the sake of being rare....pissed me right off. (Was RE: people asking about the retired drakes to be put back in)

I saw that post as well, it annoyed me because if they want things to stay rare, why aren't they removing achievement drakes from Ulduar or ICC? They've clearly stopped removing the mounts for whatever reason and I really think they should be put back in for people who weren't able to obtain them at the time. Of course the people who already have the mounts will disagree since they want to be 'special' but I also agree when it comes to rare mounts - I don't care how many other millions of people might have them, if I like a mount, I like a mount. Heck, if I wanted to be a special snowflake and have super-rare mounts only or something, why would I bother getting the Blizz Store mounts? I have all of them lol. There still is a bit of a special feeling about having a mount that you know not many others have of course, but either way, it doesn't bother me.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Exactly, I don't like having stuff stay superduper rare for the sake of it. It makes NO SENSE to remove those drakes when they left the rest in. The WHOLE point of removing them before was because they granted 310% speed. That is a non-issue now. :/

I'd love if they added those drakes/za bear/zg mounts back in....even if its in that satchel of spoils at a low low rate. At least there would be a chance to continue snagging them.
ImageImage
Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

This whole thing makes me wonder... Would this be applied to all mounts or only to mounts earned after the new feature comes out?

Otherwise, this is actually pretty awesome, especially since I usually see mount grinds as something I only do once.

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Chaoyll wrote:
Meggers wrote:I saw a stupid bluepost on the EU forums about wanting something to just stay rare for the sake of being rare....pissed me right off. (Was RE: people asking about the retired drakes to be put back in)

I saw that post as well, it annoyed me because if they want things to stay rare, why aren't they removing achievement drakes from Ulduar or ICC? They've clearly stopped removing the mounts for whatever reason and I really think they should be put back in for people who weren't able to obtain them at the time. Of course the people who already have the mounts will disagree since they want to be 'special' but I also agree when it comes to rare mounts - I don't care how many other millions of people might have them, if I like a mount, I like a mount. Heck, if I wanted to be a special snowflake and have super-rare mounts only or something, why would I bother getting the Blizz Store mounts? I have all of them lol. There still is a bit of a special feeling about having a mount that you know not many others have of course, but either way, it doesn't bother me.

People like rare things "status symbols" if you will because it's human nature. Having something that's special and that not many have is a way to stand out from the crowd and differentiate yourself. I like the idea of rare pets and rare mounts....for the sake of being rare. One look at my armory will tell you I don't ONLY like rare pets but the rares that I have I want them to stay rare. It doesn't mean I'm a special snowflake but if all the pets were just as easy to obtain and common nothing would really be special. If someone goes the extra mile to camp Aeonaxx for months why should they not enjoy it and feel proud of what they went through to get that mount.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

At least Aeonaxx is still available, I think retiring something outright is NOT THE ANSWER. Finding a way to re-add them back in would be fantastic. It doesn't have to be easy as snot to get (the mounts out of the satchel are still rare...) but having the OPTION to try if i want to...please.
ImageImage
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

General reminder: Different people play different ways and that's okay. Speak for yourself only and keep it friendly.
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Has this been officially confirmed? I'm rather curious!

Can someone link a blue post or a section? I must be missing it. All I can find is "Its on the list of possibly". :oops:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

It wasn't confirmed, it's all just speculation at this point.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Ahh, okay.

So, are they talking about special mounts only? Like the Purple Proto-drake and such?

Or every mount on all characters?
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Talaridan wrote:Ahh, okay.

So, are they talking about special mounts only? Like the Purple Proto-drake and such?

Or every mount on all characters?
Mm no. They were pretty broad about it.

Seems to be like every mount on all characters.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am rather happy with having my mounts account wide. My old main was my druid, and she was my achive/mount/vanity pet collector, but with the changes to boomkin, I just couldn't player her, so I focused more on my hunter and Makoes became my main, but all my cool mounts were unusable...I was stuck starting from scratch, and it irked me. If -I- the person behind the sceen have already gone out and worked my arse off for these mounts, should I not be able to play them reguardless of which toon I am on? Same for vanity pets.

So, personally, I am looking forward to the account wide sharing.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Makoes wrote:If -I- the person behind the sceen have already gone out and worked my arse off for these mounts, should I not be able to play them reguardless of which toon I am on? Same for vanity pets.
Well said
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Personally, I would love for this to be implemented. There's a lot of times I won't do Holiday events on my alts, because I would literally cry if my alt got something like the Brewfest Kodo before my main (when she's been trying for it ever since implementation). If this change was added, I could finally do stuff like that without worry.

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Meggers wrote:At least Aeonaxx is still available, I think retiring something outright is NOT THE ANSWER. Finding a way to re-add them back in would be fantastic. It doesn't have to be easy as snot to get (the mounts out of the satchel are still rare...) but having the OPTION to try if i want to...please.
^ This. There is ONE person on my server that has the black proto drake. He likes to flaunt it around too, which I admit, I would probably do too if I had it, but to know that some of the mounts such as that will never see the light of day again is depressing. :( I wish they would implement all the "retired" mounts back in some form.
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

I've got to say that I honestly like this idea, and welcome it with open arms. Since I first started grinding pets, mounts, achievements and titles on my Druid I've always said to myself, "I'm not doing this again."

I've been camping TLPD on and off with my Hunter for the past 6 months but I finally stopped. I just thought there's no point at all, because there's nothing quite like the first time you catch a particular rare. The next time around isn't so special. Yeah of course it's rewarding but it's just not as special. And quite frankly, I find it tiring to camp for something a second time around when I want it for an alt. The achievements are just as bad as that to be honest. Every time the holidays roll around and there's stuff I can do for my alts, I can't be bothered. It was hard enough and tiresome enough on one character. Doing it for my four other level 85s is just hnnngh.

As for those Naxxramas drakes, I'll never stop complaining about that. I don't see how those got removed, and the Ulduar/ICC drakes didn't. You know, I'm a pretty hardcore raider so I got my Ulduar/ICC drakes when they were still pretty hard so why are they still in the game now? I don't care that people can go LOLOLOL 1 shot and get the drakes in an evening of work. The Naxxramas drakes should be brought back, it's only fair. If not, then they should remove Ulduar/ICC ones as well.

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Atalanta wrote:As for those Naxxramas drakes, I'll never stop complaining about that. I don't see how those got removed, and the Ulduar/ICC drakes didn't. You know, I'm a pretty hardcore raider so I got my Ulduar/ICC drakes when they were still pretty hard so why are they still in the game now? I don't care that people can go LOLOLOL 1 shot and get the drakes in an evening of work. The Naxxramas drakes should be brought back, it's only fair. If not, then they should remove Ulduar/ICC ones as well.
I like how you said this. It kind of goes along the lines of those rare "unobtainable" pets (hydra, old school ghost wolf, etc). People shouldn't be penalized on collecting because they "weren't there" at the time. Say the Black Drake, its not a status symbol anymore, it just shows that "hey you were a raider 2 years ago, congrats"

They should bring them into the game eventually afterwards. Sure the achievements are easier to obtain, but they are still fun to go for if they reward something fancy. Hardcore players get their status symbols early on with the hardmode achievements and they get months to boast about their glory hovering AFK in Org / Stormwind. I just think there should be a point in time where mounts or pets or minipets should be recycled back.

But yeah, it doesnt make sense that the Uld ones are still there, but the Naxx ones are taken out.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

They still have the timestamps on their achievements as well. c: So if anything, they have that too!
ImageImage