New spirit beast?

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: New spirit beast?

Unread post by Rikaku »

I would love for it to become a Spirit Beast, and I have a feeling it will be. Maybe not right away, but at some point during MoP, probably.

yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

so beautiful!!! :D I want <3
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Well, my guild said I'd tame anything that moves. They even believe I'll be the first to tame a whale shark.... so this shouldn't be to hard to tame even if he does end up being a god ^_~

I honestly stared at this image for about 5min before I came back into reality and realized where I was...work. So, saved the image as my phone background and haven't stopped thinking about it. I -crossmyfingers- pray they make a tameable version of this. I'd die of glee!

DO WANT BLIZ YES PLEASE :D

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I want this as a pet soooo bad. I love Magria but this is just too epic.
Enikka & Gara.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Gorgeous, both tiger and yak. If it never becomes a spirit beast (always possible, we can't tame *everything*) then I'll probably just spend a lot of time admiring it. xD But I'm definitely assuming it is not, in fact, the new spirit beast. Why? Well… We don't usually get previews of them, honestly. >.< Kind of takes away the "OMG WOW" surprise.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Aaaaaactually we do, usually, get previews in the form of datamined models--which these are! The one I recall off the top of my head was Ban'thalos, who was datamined back when he was still an odd, vaguely-owl-like green smudge.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:Aaaaaactually we do, usually, get previews in the form of datamined models--which these are! The one I recall off the top of my head was Ban'thalos, who was datamined back when he was still an odd, vaguely-owl-like green smudge.
^ This and Loque was datamined too if I recall.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I keep staring at that yak....if only. I would take that as the new SB over another cat in a heartbeat (no offense to those who love it) I have a soft spot for yaks, for some weird reason. So spirit yak? Hell yeah.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

Jessibelle wrote:
Ziarre wrote:Aaaaaactually we do, usually, get previews in the form of datamined models--which these are! The one I recall off the top of my head was Ban'thalos, who was datamined back when he was still an odd, vaguely-owl-like green smudge.
^ This and Loque was datamined too if I recall.
Yes, Loque was indeed datamined. I remember seeing that image and just thinking "I don't care what that is or how to get it, it will be mine!"

Sig by me ^^

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

and if I recall, Loque is under the name of 'harkoaskin' or something.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Teigan wrote:I keep staring at that yak....if only. I would take that as the new SB over another cat in a heartbeat (no offense to those who love it) I have a soft spot for yaks, for some weird reason. So spirit yak? Hell yeah.
Me too! The spirit beast is badass but if I had to choose I'd love a yak pet so much. Unfortunately I don't see any chance of my desire to have an Elekk pet coming true this expansion. Sigh! I wonder what the chances are of the both of these being mounts instead of hunter pets?
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Sesamee wrote:
Teigan wrote:I keep staring at that yak....if only. I would take that as the new SB over another cat in a heartbeat (no offense to those who love it) I have a soft spot for yaks, for some weird reason. So spirit yak? Hell yeah.
Me too! The spirit beast is badass but if I had to choose I'd love a yak pet so much. Unfortunately I don't see any chance of my desire to have an Elekk pet coming true this expansion. Sigh! I wonder what the chances are of the both of these being mounts instead of hunter pets?
If they aren't pets, I doubt the next thing they'd be are mounts. I'm guessing they'll either be bosses, or gods similar to the Troll Pantheon of Loas. There is also a Cloud Serpent(Dragon) and a Crane from the other pictures I've seen.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

If this became a spirit beast I would replace all the other spirit beasts for it in a heartbeat. No joke. (Maybe except Loque since he was the first rare I ever wanted...)

However I'm not getting my hopes up for this being a pet or even a mount. It reminds me too much of the druid flame-cat form so I get the impression it might be an NPC, like a boss or something.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kientrae
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Kientrae »

I will say this, it is an amazing model. If this ever comes in game as a spirit beast I'll have to tame it to go with the collection... I wouldn't use it though. The whole cat skins are getting... well, boring. I want some new creatures like a spirit beast Talbuk or Rhino. SOMETHING without paws! I love my Loque to death... but I don't wanna be known as a crazy cat lady in game :P I already may be considered one in real life due to the fact that I help at a cat adoption center! Lol. Anyways, one thing is for sure, Blizzard has REALLY been working hard! I hope they keep up the good work. I know I'll never leave their side :3
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

So I sort of doubt it... but man, if this was a spirit beast, I'd tame it. :P
Attachments
CraneGod.png
CraneGod.png (203.86 KiB) Viewed 2973 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Kientrae wrote:I will say this, it is an amazing model. If this ever comes in game as a spirit beast I'll have to tame it to go with the collection... I wouldn't use it though. The whole cat skins are getting... well, boring. I want some new creatures like a spirit beast Talbuk or Rhino. SOMETHING without paws! I love my Loque to death... but I don't wanna be known as a crazy cat lady in game :P I already may be considered one in real life due to the fact that I help at a cat adoption center! Lol. Anyways, one thing is for sure, Blizzard has REALLY been working hard! I hope they keep up the good work. I know I'll never leave their side :3

I think it's safe to say I'm already known as crazy cat lady..... lol I can't help it, so many pretty kitties!

Yet sadly when I raid I only end up getting to use the stupid dragonhawk b/c none of the other hunters ever seem to have anything but a wolf. I don't get the guys that play hunters. Most of the ones I've raided with didn't even realize a selection of pets actually did more than show and tell.
Enikka & Gara.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

As Teigs said, not to stomp on anyone wanting the cat, but IN MY OPINION .................. bleh. TO ME it's just another blocky Gondria look alike with more fur. I was really hoping Blizzard would actually create more updated models of beasts & critters instead of having everything look archaic and sharp edged.
Neat looking cat but ................. meh. Not something I'll be interested in taming.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

If you guys are wondering why it's another white tiger, it's because there's a pattern in the datamined gods. White tiger. Red crane. Black ox. Blue dragon. (The cute little elementals also follow this theme -- look at their heads.)

In Chinese myth, there's four beasts representing the cardinal directions: the white tiger of the west, the red bird of the south, the black tortoise (and snake) of the north, and the blue dragon of the east. With the exception of one being an ox, it's a pretty clear reference. I wonder if we'll end up seeing a Warcraft re-imagining of the 5th and less famous of the beasts, the yellow dragon of the center.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ket Shi wrote:I wonder if we'll end up seeing a Warcraft re-imagining of the 5th and less famous of the beasts, the yellow dragon of the center.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

TheDoomcookie wrote:So I sort of doubt it... but man, if this was a spirit beast, I'd tame it. :P
Is this an actual in game file model, the fiery crane?? MOAR FLAMING SPIRIT BEASTS