Realm: Aman'Thul

New MOP Hunter Abilities and Glyphs ~

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Abilities

Barrage ~

40 Focus 40 yd range
3 sec cast (Channeled) 30 sec cooldown

Requires Ranged Weapon

Rapidly fire a spray of shots forward for 3 sec, dealing a total of 288% weapon damage to the target and an average of 72% weapon damage to each other nearby target.

Beast Cleave~ (this one makes me squeal with happiness)

After you Multi-shot, your pet's melee attacks also strike all other nearby enemy targets for the next 5 sec.

Trueshot Aura

Grants 10% increased melee and ranged attack power and 5% increased critical strike chance to all party and raid members within 100 yards.

Aspect of the Iron Hawk

The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 10%, and reducing all damage taken by 15%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Replaces Aspect of the Hawk

Kill Command

Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict ((0+(RAP*0.516))*1) damage to its target.

The pet must be within 25 yards of the target to Kill Command.

Hunter's Mark

Places the Hunter's Mark on the target, increasing the ranged damage of all attackers against that target by 10%. In addition, the target of this ability can always be seen by the hunter whether it stealths or turns invisible. Lasts for 30 sec.

Kill Shot

You attempt to finish the wounded target off, firing a long range attack dealing 0% weapon damage plus (RAP*0.45+0). Kill Shot can only be used on enemies that have 20% or less health. If Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec

Bestial Wrath

100 yd range
Instant 60 sec cooldown

Send your pet into a rage causing 20% additional damage for 10 sec. The beast does not feel pity or remorse or fear and it cannot be stopped unless killed.

Glyphs

Glyph of Aimed Shot -
If used while your Camouflage is active, your Aimed Shot ability also reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Glyph of Animal Bond -
While your pet is active, all healing done to you and your pet is increased by 10%.

Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah -
Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled and all your Aspects are placed on a 4 sec cooldown.

Glyph of Camouflage -
Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.

Glyph of Chimera Shot -
Increases the healing you receive from Chimera Shot by an additional 5% of your maximum health.

Glyph of Disengage -
Increases the distance you travel when you Disengage.

Glyph of Endless Wrath -
While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.

Glyph of Explosive Trap -
Your Explosive Trap also knocks enemies back from the trap when it explodes.

Glyph of Icy Solace -
Your Freezing Trap also removes all damage over time effects from the target.

Glyph of Marked for Death -
Your Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot abilities automatically apply Hunter's Mark.

Glyph of Mend Pet -
Gives your Mend Pet spell a chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick.

Glyph of Steady Shot -
Your Steady Shot now reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 6 sec if used on a target within 8 yards.

Glyph of Tame Beast -
Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by (4000/-1000) sec.

Glyph of Tranquilizing Shot -
Your Tranquilizing Shot no longer costs Focus, but has a 10 sec cooldown.

None of these are set in stone as always, but just what I've dug up so far :)
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: New MOP Hunter Abilities and Glyphs ~

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think I might gte the Chimera Shot and Aimed shot ones. gotta like extra heals.
Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

I love the new direction that they are going with glyphs.

You will really have to think about which glyph you will select unlike right now.
Personally I would pick the stealth glyph, the cheetah glyph and the ice trap glyph or maybe the mend per glyph.

The volley-like ability is cool and I love the beast cleave ability allot as well.

All good new so far. :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Abilities Update!

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

30 sec for Hunters mark? oh my.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

cowmuflage wrote:30 sec for Hunters mark? oh my.
Looks like it may be something they want us to add into a rotation rather than a "set and forget"? We will have to see how it all pans out.

But there are just so many things that we have been asking for for so long, the percentage based HM and Hawk, the 25yrd range on KC, the AOE Boost to BM (I'm just gonna guess that beast cleave will be a BM ability though, but you never know). So much /drooling
:lol:
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'd use beast cleave alot if it was just a hunter skill as I use multi-shot alot as MM.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

•Glyph of Tame Beast - Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by (4000/-1000) sec.

I wonder how much this would affect those "tricky" tames. Or will it be simply, slap this Glyph on and you're set regardless the rare you're going for
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

The only have one that kinda disappoints me is the cheetah glyph. I thought they were removing the daze part of the spell, but you now have to glyph into it? And it puts your other aspects on cd? Not sure if it applies to pack but it sounds like were still where we used to be with those two aspects. The rest of the stuff sounds cool tho (shorter cd on BW? Awesome.).
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

OK, I like how this is panning out. Looks like a lot of useful glyphs, as opposed to today where 3-4 are mandatory and the rest are 'meh'. This means we'll be switching between glyph setups for different situations, instead of running with the same lineup for an entire expansion.

Trueshot getting both AP and crit is interesting--I'd figured we'd get to supply one or the other buff to the group, but not both. Makes me wonder if feral druids now bring the AP buff too.

Kill Command with a 25-yard range is pure undiluted awesome, as are HM/Hawk giving a percentage boost to damage and AP instead of a fixed value.

One thing I don't like is how Kill Shot now has the glyph baked into it. I'd rather shoot a single shot at twice the damage, although I understand that might cause PvP issues. On the other hand, if a hunter can get a target under 20% in a PvP situation, she's *earned* that big honking hit. :twisted:

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

uhh i like them :D

DO we know if there still is going to be primary, major and minor glyphs?

and another question.

Glyph of Camouflage -
Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.

but we can move with camouflage now... will that change in MoP since the glyph has that?

I love the Glyph of Marked for Death -
Your Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot abilities automatically apply Hunter's Mark. (cause i always forget to put hunter marks on :P )

Glyph of Tame Beast -
Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by (4000/-1000) sec. This one will be intersting :D and help with alot of tricky tames ! (yay for fools like me who cannot figure out how to do them :P )

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

When you're moving in camo, you're not actually stealthed. Players can see you when you're moving, you don't stealth til you hold still. Plus mobs can see you too, but they have to be closer to actually see you. This will provide true stealth now while moving.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Glyph of Camouflage -

but we can move with camouflage now... will that change in MoP since the glyph has that?
We can move with camo now, yes, however while moving we don't have stealth like a rogue, only a reduced threat area where we aggro mobs, this will turn it into a full stealth and not just what we have now.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

ahh makes sence then :D thanks

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Hate to be the downer, I'm actually disappointed with most of the Hunter glyphs. I see maybe 2-3 I would actually use, but overall its kind of 'meh' to me when I look at the amazing Druid glyphs so far. Don't get me wrong, the Hunter glyphs are a MAJOR step forward from the glyphs we currently have. I just think seeing the Druid minor ones first really made me set the bar too high XD

Then again, I love fun glyphs.

Though the Tame Beast, Kill Command and Endless Wrath ones I can definitely see myself using.
Last edited by Rikaku on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm a little sad by the Hunter glyphs as well compared to the fun stuff a lot of the other classes are getting. x) They just don't seem to have any oomph.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Vephriel wrote:I'm a little sad by the Hunter glyphs as well compared to the fun stuff a lot of the other classes are getting. x) They just don't seem to have any oomph.
Veph are you thinking something "fun" like this?

Minor Glyph:

Glyph of the Mounted Pet

~Your active pet is now able to be rode on as a ground mount. Scales accordingly 60%/100%. Available out of combat.

Since druids are getting that Stag glyph to allow other characters to "mount them", I thought this should be the next step in line.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I'm hoping the hunter 'fun' glyphs just havn't been implemented/datamined yet and all we're seeing right now are the 'utility' glyphs.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

:) so far so good! but, then, I'm not really watching other classes since my other class I play is shadow priest and that...well..shadow priest is shadow priest is shadow priest...

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Glyph of Animal Bond - Major most likely. If not, minor.
Glyph of Endless Rage - This seems too good to be anything other than a Prime.
Glyph of Tame Beast - most certainly gonna be a major at best.
Glyph of Mend Pet - Totally a Major. Probably good alongside Glyph of Mending.
Glyph of Camouflage - Totally a Prime.
Glyph of Icy Solace - Makes sense to be a Major. Good for dungeons with pesky aoe dudes kicking out CC.

The rest seem great, but these...these I like. I won't play my hunter for damage anymore, but for having fun. I don't care if I do crap for dps, I'll have fun with these.

As for my Warrior Main:
Glyph of Burning Anger: I don't care what slot this takes. I WANT IT.
Glyph of Cleaving: I'm Arms, and I approve of more AoE. Most likely a Prime.
Glyph of Enraged Speed: This could be handy as hell, but situational.
Glyph of Mortal Strike: Would be nice for clearing old raids. I generally tank in Arms spec.
Glyph of Gag Order: YES. I love Gag Order as a tank, but as Arms it will be handy. Major?
Glyph of Heavy Repercussions: Shield Slam as a tank deals a lot of threat. Giving it more threat AND damage? YES. Major or Prime.
Glyph of Shield Slam: A spell purge? For warriors? ALL OF MY GOLD.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?