I feel sorry for Blizzard

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

I feel sorry for Blizzard

Unread post by AdamSavage »

The more I lurk around the general Bnet forums, the more I feel sorry for the guys that have to sit and read through it all. All you see for the most part is people crying, moaning, threatening legal action. All this because they seem to think that Blizzard would let everyone on Beta all at once. They seem to forget that the servers couldn't deal with this, nor could your computer. I don't care how powerful you computer is, it simply cannot deal with that many people in a small area at once. Take patch day and multiple that by a factor of a 100.

*End rant*
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Re: I feel sorry for Blizzard

Unread post by Congafury »

hear hear :(
Don't panic!
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

Then they shouldn't have falsely advertised that all people who buy the Annual Pass get a beta invite once it goes live and then changed it at the last minute. I think it's bullshit but there's nothing I can do but complain about it, it's not going to change anything...but as a consumer I will be wary of what I buy from blizz from now on. I won't be jumping head first into their deals now. Lesson learned.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Nili wrote:Then they shouldn't have falsely advertised that all people who buy the Annual Pass get a beta invite once it goes live and then changed it at the last minute. I think it's bullshit but there's nothing I can do but complain about it, it's not going to change anything...but as a consumer I will be wary of what I buy from blizz from now on. I won't be jumping head first into their deals now. Lesson learned.
I don't think it was done on purpose, I think that people are reading into it to much. They said when Beta goes live, well Beta is live today and it's live tomorrow. It does not say anywhere when during the Beta testing you would get it. Even if they did, my original statement about servers and your own computer stands. If you honestly feel Blizzard lied to you, feel free to get Legal Advice.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I still dont understand how people can think the servers and there computer could deal with 1 million people all on 4 servers.. it will gradually increase but really you will get in at some point no matter what. They will increases servers to handle the number of people getting into beta so be patient.
Actually I dont mind waiting so much I mean think about it right now its a small testing area and a small number of servers, how much "fun" do you think itll be to have 1 million people on 4 servers in a small area? That would be like move an inch/dc, loot something/dc, try to /dance then dc. Beta is for testing purposes whats the point of testing something if they know for a fact that no computer anywhere could handle that amount of people all at once. Beta isnt a right (you get the right to play it sometime, but not to get in right away). Most people seem to think of beta as a pre MOP from what ive been reading, beta is patch day times a 1000, like the PTR it isnt whats a 100% going to be, its going to be glitchy as heck, and not really all that fun to play especially for the first while. There will be the constant dcs, the constant lag, the constant glitch where you fall through the map.

And think about it, 1 million all at once on a small number of servers.. yah sure youll get in but youll be in que for a heck of a long time staring at the screen only to get dc'd because of the large number of people wanting to be in beta.

So chill, relax, and enjoy reading the stuff up on MMO!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think the amount of self-entitlement I'm seeing everywhere is ridiculous personally.

Paying for the Annual Pass was paying for a year of WoW. Yes, we got perks alongside that, including a completely free copy of an awesome game, a WoW mount, and the privilege of beta access. No matter what your level of caring is for any of those specific bonuses, first and foremost is still the WoW subscription payment. Everything else is on the side.

Beta access is guaranteed, no need to get angry if you didn't happen to get one within the first night of release. Just calm down, be patient, and you will receive it.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I didn't think about it when I signed the Pass, but now I can understand why they make the waves - no big surprises really.
I remember when Cata was live in Europe, I could play "at midnight" because I upgraded online, but so many people logged in at once so the realms were dead until the day after...

And yeah Bnet forums are 95% rubbish anyway. But I enjoy post on them because it's fun to read all the qqers and trolls hehe.
Last edited by Rower on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If you're that upset about it, I'm pretty sure you can still cancel your account; they're not going to send debt collectors after you, you'll just lose the one-year commitment benefits.

I'm more than content to wait a while myself. Most of the stuff I want to test isn't even available yet.
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Vephriel wrote:I think the amount of self-entitlement I'm seeing everywhere is ridiculous personally.

Paying for the Annual Pass was paying for a year of WoW. Yes, we got perks alongside that, including a completely free copy of an awesome game, a WoW mount, and the privilege of beta access. No matter what your level of caring is for any of those specific bonuses, first and foremost is still the WoW subscription payment. Everything else is on the side.

Beta access is guaranteed, no need to get angry if you didn't happen to get one within the first night of release. Just calm down, be patient, and you will receive it.
Exactly. I have the Annual Pass, and I am patiently waiting for my invite with no fuss. I know it will come eventually. I do not see anywhere there was false advertising. That is a bit of nonsense. They said "access to Beta". Not "you will be in Beta the moment it is up" or anything.

Just have a little patience and it will happen.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Nili wrote:Then they shouldn't have falsely advertised that all people who buy the Annual Pass get a beta invite once it goes live and then changed it at the last minute. I think it's bullshit but there's nothing I can do but complain about it, it's not going to change anything...but as a consumer I will be wary of what I buy from blizz from now on. I won't be jumping head first into their deals now. Lesson learned.

No offense but I think it's not difficult to see why everyone who bought the annual pass weren't allowed on all at once. As the OP said, if they were, servers would crash and so would everyone's computer. Since I read what they said they made it rather clear that all people with the annual pass *will* get a beta invite eventually so I'm sitting back, relaxing and waiting patiently for my invite. I realise it could be weeks yet until I get an invite and that's fine. There's content everywhere for me to look at while I wait and there's still Cataclysm for me to play. People are far too excited about the beta suddenly appearing that they seem to be forgetting some rather simple things.

Wait until you get an invite and I guarantee that later the servers will be quieter and playing the beta will be much more enjoyable than it probably is right now.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I admit, when I first signed up for the Annual pass, I did sort of think I would get in right away or at least during the first week. But after the excitement wore off, my logical side kicked in and made me realize that yeah. No beta just lets 1 million players on all at once. The servers couldn't handle that. At all. I remember back when there was the "Run for Ezra" event quite a few years ago. And just the hundreds of people who showed up began to crash that server. And that was hundreds of players, nowhere near the undoubtedly thousands that got into the first wave, let alone the 1 million Annual Pass holders.

Besides, the beta looks like there is still a LOT of work, changes, and things not even finished yet (obviously) as its an incredibly young beta at this point. You're not missing anything by not being in the very first wave of invites.

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

It's not about not getting in on the first day, at least for me. It's about what was advertised and promised is not what was delivered. It was never disclosed that those with longer account histories would have priority. It was never disclosed that even though this Beta was advertised completely differently from any other that they would be handling it in stages as always. Had I known my "guaranteed" beta access is only "guaranteed" to give me access up to the day before the live release of the game I wouldn't have signed up.

It's not the customers job to foresee into the future at a companies inability to prepare properly for the customers it entered into contracts with and have enough servers to accommodate them all. It's Blizzard's job to make sure that they have the digital infrastructure to back up what they advertise and lure customers with. When a top exec says you will get Beta access when Beta goes live or the advertising posters state the same, it's not unreasonable, entitled, whiny, or any of the other dismissive adjectives used, to expect it to be so.

I realize that this site is in general very pro-Blizzard and views to the contrary are not always tolerated well. But everyone has different opinions and this move by Blizzard has upset a lot of paying customers. A lot! It was poorly handled to put it mildly. I would hardly describe me as chronic "whiner" or "complainer". I promote this game regularly on my blog. I enjoy WoW and give props to Blizzard for creating an excellent game but I will also call BS when I see it. As a paying customer I have that right. I realize some have a different opinion and I respect that. It would be nice if those who have a differing opinion could do the same to others.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

They didn't falsely advertise. They said 'when beta goes live'. They didn't say 'on day one' or 'instantly'. It means 'anytime while beta is live'. The first people that got in was friends, family, and the press...which it's always been done that way.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jessibelle wrote:The first people that got in was friends, family, and the press...which it's always been done that way.

Exactly. This is how beta has *always* worked guys.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Chaoyll wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:The first people that got in was friends, family, and the press...which it's always been done that way.

Exactly. This is how beta has *always* worked guys.

And honestly...theres not much to do atm. Pandaria isnt even accessible right now. You can only level your panda 1 - 10. Thats really it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion. But some people are being completely immature about how they're criticizing Blizzard. I think that's more of the posts people are referring to when they say "whining" or 'whiners"; the people who are being completely immature in the way they're conducting themselves.

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

It's one thing to complain, but people who threaten legal action on the forums are demonstrably, hopelessly, without a clue. Contract can be dissolved at any time by either party for any reason and all that. Nuff said really. Or so you would think.

As far as the beta... while I did the annual pass, it was more because I'll be playing throughout anyways, so if that gets me a free copy of diablo 3 and a decent mount for my lowbie alts, cool beans let's do it. Beta? I'm interested yes, and probably will give it a shot whenever it comes in, but it's not the main reason I'm playing - already spending too much time grinding mog sets...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion. But some people are being completely immature about how they're criticizing Blizzard. I think that's more of the posts people are referring to when they say "whining" or 'whiners"; the people who are being completely immature in the way they're conducting themselves.
Should see the crap on MMO Champ. XD It's kind of hilarious cause they're making idiots of themselves.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

In my opinion, if the only reason you signed up for the Annual Pass was because of the guaranteed entry (which didn't say access on day 1), expecting to get in the beta on Day 1, then you falsified your own expectations. The regular public never gets access to betas for expansions on Day 1. In fact, usually in this stage of the beta, we're not allowed to see *anything* so consider yourselves lucky that there's not an NDA up right now blocking our access to everything tantalizing about MoP.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

I am in no way, shape, or form meaning to be insulting, but again, I see no false advertising and I do not see Beta being handled in any way different than it always has been.

Why in the world would you assume it would be? :|

This is the way Beta is done. You, as a person with an Annual Pass, have a guarantee that others do not. You will get into the Beta, something that you had a very good chance of not having otherwise.

There are over 10 million people playing World of Warcraft. Most of those will not have access to Beta. You will with your Annual Pass, plus you got a completely free game and a nice little mount!

So you did not get instant gratification, but you will get your gratification soon.

Please show me in the contract where it said "You will be in Beta in the first 12 hours". Beta has not even been up 24 hours yet, people! It is a little soon, in my personal opinion, to be freaking out at Blizzard over you not getting an invitation. Give them a little time to get things stabilized and I'm sure you will get it.

Goodness sake. It is not as if the Beta is going anywhere any time soon! :lol: