MoP beast model shots <image heavy>

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: MoP beast model shots <image heavy>

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I was gunna say that too lol...the qilin looks like a lion dog, not really...a qilin heh. Still cool tho. Be a nice edition to the dog family.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I find it odd they name dit Qilin, its not a Qilin(Kirin) at all! XD

Much love though! <3
ImageImage
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

O.O Black Tiger = WANT. I don't care how many cats I have.

Heh... can you imagine if those wind serpents were tameable... <.< >.>

Someone mentioned this. If the entire selection of cats in game are going to be replaced I don't know what to think. For starters there's no real moon saber replacement there yet and they are pretty kitties. Also I think a lot of people rather like their current model kitties just as they are and would find it a shock to find their beloved Cat from vanilla to have suddenly changed.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Yes! White tiger! Thank you, Wain!

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I personally think that those who love the old boxcats will have to figure something out or come to terms with it. The model is so outdated. :(

Its just an inevitable upgrade waiting to happen. @_@
ImageImage
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Thank you, Wain! These are so exciting to see. I am loving the details and the shading. They look amazing.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Oh. my. gawd. I'm taming this so quickly that my "tame beast" cast bar will explode into thousand happy tears.

All of these models look very good. I do hope the cranes get added to the list of tameable families! Would love to see more non-flappy birds.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

Yoruko wrote:Image

Oh. my. gawd. I'm taming this so quickly that my "tame beast" cast bar will explode into thousand happy tears.
Yes, me too! That colour is just so awesome and beautiful and... love <3

Sig by me ^^

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

Winna's Kitten-colour does suggest tiger overhaul....I'm excited and worried at the same time. I'd love for that to happen except....My oldest dearest pet is a boxcat, but these tigers don't have the right colour, he's the "dark" tiger, as in silver/gray stripes on plummy brown base. I like the brown newtiger, but it's not the same colour....I'm slightly worried for my old faithful pet.

EDIT: Also, what of the spotted variety? Hmm...

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

The natural skin coloration on some of the Qilin makes me feel they may be tamable againt not. Perhaps we are getting more dog skins that were asked for? :3

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Sherbe wrote:Winna's Kitten-colour does suggest tiger overhaul....
That specific tiger does look rather much like our current Winna's Kitten if not a little less saturated. I'm trying to picture the Pandarian world shown us so far and the colour scheme on this new tiger isn't too much off. Maybe it's just a new jade-ish colour tiger rather than a replacement?

Although, I do understand if they want to give some of the older creatures an overhaul. It just seems unlikely to me that all of the old tigers and cats are being replaced considering the fact that we just recently got Ankha and Magria who use an old tiger mount base. What about the night elf racial mount? They use the same model base too. Why then replace some of models when there's still going to be some of the old ones in the mix. Never say never and all that but just seems unlikely to me that all of the old cat models are going to disappear come MoP. Then again, they might as well be putting saddles on those new tigers as we speak. :lol:
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

On the name thing, Blizzard has a habit of doing that! :lol:

For example...Our "wyverns" aren't even remotely wyvern-like. They are basically classic Manticores!

So, I'm not surprised they used Qilin for something very not Qilin-like.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Okay....I may have a stable full of those tigers. >.< I NEED that black and cinnamon colored one like NAOW!!! /esplodes
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I highly doubt the cats are going to be replaced. I'm sure Blizzard has a plan for the new Winna's Kitten tiger, either that or they did it for fun. :P

Who knows, I heard Hemet Nesingwary will be in Pandaria , perhaps it'll be his next big hunt.

I must say though, I love this one more than the old Winna's Kitten model! The original is too bright for my tastes, this ones colors are do much calmer. ^.^

EDIT: On the note of what I want... Lord, I might tame one of those tigers. Either the brown or black... Though leaning more toward the black. Also the cranes <3 A white crane for sure but I'm also fond of the green one. And I really hope they put those qilin in the dog family... And make them BIG! Enough tiny dogs, blizzard! :P I'd probably tame a brown one. Oh! Oh! And assuming they're tameable, I WILL tame a green dragon turtle! <3
I'd also try out a green Mushan beast if they were tameable. :P I'm all for more large pets! XD
Last edited by Miacoda on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I hope these tigers will overhaul the old ones....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Green Silkworm, Brown Qilin, Brown Dragon Turtle, Yellow Yak, Yellow Cloud Serpent.

I WANT. Dragon turtle would quickly replace my hyjal fire turtle, The Yak would be awesome for just having it, The Qilin would be a fun leveling pet if it's 85~, and the Cloud Serpent....PLEASE BE A MOUNT COLOR CHOICE. I wanted the green Cloud Serpent mount, but that yellow skin is spectacular. As for the silkworm, I sure hope it is a pet in some regard, hunter or vanity.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Kikanu wrote:Green Silkworm, Brown Qilin, Brown Dragon Turtle, Yellow Yak, Yellow Cloud Serpent.

I WANT. Dragon turtle would quickly replace my hyjal fire turtle, The Yak would be awesome for just having it, The Qilin would be a fun leveling pet if it's 85~, and the Cloud Serpent....PLEASE BE A MOUNT COLOR CHOICE. I wanted the green Cloud Serpent mount, but that yellow skin is spectacular. As for the silkworm, I sure hope it is a pet in some regard, hunter or vanity.
All 5 of those colors come with saddles (and you can see 3 of the colors in a screenshot where you get the dailies for it I bet). Yeah, those dragon turtles are awesome...might replace my lava turtle too! I bet the silk worms will be vanity pets (like Mr. Grubbs).
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

What, no moose ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yay Wain! Thanks for getting these all together, it's great seeing everything.

Okay, those otters, are adorable. ^^

There's so many colours for the new tiger model! I'm really pleasantly surprised. To be honest I hadn't been expecting recolours for some reason. I'm still completely in love with the black one, but I like the pupiless blue eyes on the white, and the silver one is quite nice.

The stone Qilin I saw in one livestream was labelled a humanoid, so I wonder if they're going to be too 'intelligent' to consider as beasts or taming possibilities.

The dragon turtles are adorable, I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself for one.

And the cloud serpents are wonderful. :) Do you know if there's another model of them? I remember seeing these pretty purple ones in one video. I don't think they'll be a mount colour, but I love the lavender and white.

Leozero
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Leozero »

i really doubt theyl let us tame most of those, while some seems obvious like the tiger, the rest may be either critters or non tameable beasts, id love a cloud serpent but blizz doesnt like having dragons tamed aside to non inteligent ones