So how's your stable planning going?

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

So how's your stable planning going?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Knowing Mists of Pandaria is on the horizon, I've started trying to look at my stable and seeing who can be moved around for new additions. I'm not going to lie, it's hard. :x I'm trying to cut down on the amount of duplicate families I have, but decisions are still killing me.

My stable currently:

Below the grid are the potential beasts I'd like to tame in MoP (the first row). The second row are pets I don't have at the moment but who are also potentially part of my stables and who I might like to tame again.

I know for sure I'll have to make a decision between my two scorpids, and perhaps between my wind serpents. I may not keep Ghost (the Karoma I have tamed), although he grew on me surprisingly fast. I'm also debating evolving Iggy (my Terrorpene) into the new Pandarian turtle, but I'm not too sure on that.

Anyways, just brainstorming out loud, maybe we can help each other with decisions if we need to. x)
Attachments
Veph Pets.png
Veph Pets.png (380.85 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: So how's your stable planning going?

Unread post by Chimera »

How'd you get them all in rows like that? o.O

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel

I just made a little grid in an image editing program.
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Thankfully, I'm not suffering at all for stable space. Every one of my hunters has room for any pets I'd like to try on them. The white crane and the red and black dragon turtle are pets I intend to tame on Kyria, as well as... I'm thinking maybe a purple hydra? A hydra for sure, if they get flagged, but I haven't decided on color. She'll also be getting the shiny new green tiger, if it actually makes its way in-game. I'm surprised by how much I like it.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I will probably replace my current turtle with one of the new models. I do like the cranes and tigers, but will probably tame them on alts instead of my main. Of course it all depends on what they do for pet family abilities, I will probably end up with more drastic changes than that.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Vephriel wrote:I just made a little grid in an image editing program.
XD Dang, im hoping we get the option to make grids like this on the main page one day, sooo much easier then copy pasting img links XD

Mmmmm.... im gonna have to think for a while on this.. i have a lot of hunters and im not sure which one i'd want to work on for MoP.. My 85 is a worgen so i dunno how she'd get along with the cats, but i may work on Rinzaak since i find trolls to get along with a lot of creatures and the turtles would give me great incentive to RP as a troll of the Shadowspear Tribe.. ohh decisions, decisions.. :lol:

But regardless of dragon turtles, im forever keeping Terrorpene on my worgen. I luvs him too much <3 He's my little famous star 8D

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel

I hate how I always seem to end up with duplicate pairs of species, I have so many of them, but I can't help it in most cases. Graahh, decisions are hard. xD
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Fortunately I don't get super attatched to all of my pets and also never filled out my stable. I think I'm at 12 or 13 pets right now so...yeah. Figuring I probably still wont fill my slots in the xpac either. xD
ImageImage
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I raid so I can't make any decisions untill we get the new buff/debuff info :| :mrgreen:

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Ill most likely replace my Terropene with one of the new turtle models. Ill definitely be getting the black tiger and an aqua hydra (/pray for hyrdas). Im not sure if I'd want a crane or not.
I dont remember exactly how many pets I have atm, but I know I have quite a few unused pets that Ill drop if I need too.
This is all assuming the pets I like become tamable.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Vephriel wrote:I hate how I always seem to end up with duplicate pairs of species, I have so many of them, but I can't help it in most cases. Graahh, decisions are hard. xD
Same. I've done pretty well with not having multiples of one family, but I so want to tame more birds of prey (they just have so many different models) and Wassa has all the tallstrider skins.

Only new beast I want to tame is the green crane, which I easily have room in my stables for. Not panicking about a full stable... yet.
Last edited by Wassa on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

I have a sneaking suspicion that the pets I seek won't even be tamable at all.

I was going to put Chimaeron in the Hydra slot, but there's no way in hell he'll be tamable. If he ever does become tamable though, I AM TAMING IT.
Attachments
My Stable and Future.jpg
My Stable and Future.jpg (463.45 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

:( I'm not enjoying looking at my stables so closely... but, CRANES and PRETTY SHINIES!!!!

and seriously... the stable slots ARE ample

still sucks, though.. Maddex is possibly gonna leave, as is my ghostly wise owl.. Olm? Ohlm? Anyway, I camped Aotona enough she's staying *folds arms*

Skarr is facing release too...

Keeping all the spirit beasts as I'll only collect them again b/c I'm so OCD. Terropine stays.

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

The chart thing is a really good idea... I'll totally do that when I eventually get home. >.<

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'll probably make a chart later, but definitely getting the black siberian tiger.

And if 'I can Dream" tames count, Chimaeron and the brown furry Quilin.

Vephriel

I have my grid saved so that each pet image is a layer, so I can drag and drop and move them around, makes it easy for me to get a good visual on my stables and brainstorm.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I also keep a chart of my hunter pets (mine is thru a MS Word program)! It's proven an indispensable tool for helping me plan out my themed stables!

Thankfully, I am not in a position of running out of stable space on any of my hunters. I made careful plans to reserve space for any creatures that are currently untamable just so that they are assured a place among my roster if ever that status should change.

For example, Auroryn will always have an open space reserved for a hippogryph, even though hippogryphs are not currently tamable.
It's been debated that such creatures may never be tamable, but none-the-less, I still keep an open slot for one just in case. I've also reserved spaces for my hydras, gryphons, and a slime if they should ever become tamable. As of now, even with the reserved spaces, I can still obtain a considerable amount of pets per hunter.

I feel for those of you experiencing stable dilemmas! None of us ever want to have to give up a pet we've come to grow attached to. Depending on the number of new tamable beasts Blizzard introduces over time, I may very well find myself in a similar predicament.
Last edited by Niabi on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah I don't really have a stable dilemma. When it comes down to it, I really only use like..5 pets on my Hunter. And maybe 8 total that I want to keep forever no matter what. So plenty of stable slots XD

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

To me, on Tårnfalk atleast the only pet who are 100 % sure is a keeper is Müsli. I´m not overly attached to the rest and will wait on plaining until i know how many new tameable models will come out.

I LOOOOVE the new layout for the tigers and are really hoping there will be a white spottet one too so Müsli can be upgraded :)

I think my Sorba will be upgraded from Image to the new black stribed lion model.. not sure though.. might wait to see if there will come a black cat with no stribes.

My Krush and golden worm never sees the light of day so depening on how the MoP spec´s turns out to be i either keeps them in the stables or let them loose and find other pets wich i can bond with... after all imo its not fair to keep a magnnificant beast locked up unused in a stable just cause its rare :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Alright, here's my chart! I used Veph's layout because It's 5 am and I'm lazy. <.<

The silverish stars are pets I could part with if needed. Pets in my stables without stars are going to stay.
The rainbowish stars are the pets I think are most likely to be tameable/most likely skin I'd tame. The rest are pets I'll try out/would try out if they're tameable.

I left out three pets Id really like to tame, Pterrodaxes, Diemetradons, and Stegodons, because I didn't feel like digging into WMV and getting images of them. XD Again, it's 5 am and I'm lazy. :P

Attachments
PetChart.png
PetChart.png (401.89 KiB) Viewed 2363 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr