Saw some hunter changes posted on MMO-Champ that seem new...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Saw some hunter changes posted on MMO-Champ that seem new...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Pet - Sporebat

Smack: Now also deals % more damage and costs % more Focus when your pet has 50 or more Focus.

Pet - Bat

Bite: Now also deals % more damage and costs % more Focus when your pet has 50 or more Focus.

Pet - Bear

Claw: Now also deals % more damage and costs % more Focus when your pet has 50 or more Focus.

Pet - Generic Hunter

Blood of the Rhino: Now also increases your pet's armor by 20% and reduces its chance of being critically hit by 6%.
Growl: Now has an 8 second cooldown, up from 5.
Rabid: Reworked - Now increases your pet's attack power by 50% for 20 sec. 2 minute cooldown, up from 45 seconds.
Spiked Collar: Now increases the damage of your pet's Basic Attack by 10%, up from 9%. Also increases your pet's haste by 10%, and increases your pet's critical strike chance by 10%.

And the rest that we've seen before...
Hunter (Forums)
Skills

Arcane Shot: Now causes 65% weapon damage, down from 100%.
Aspect of the Fox: Now includes Barrage.
Aspect of the Hawk: Now 10% of Ranged Attack Power, rather than a flat value.
Camouflage: Can now be used in combat for 6 seconds.
Hunter's Mark: Now increases damage on the marked target by 5%, rather than increasing your Attack Power.
Kill Shot: Now causes 85% weapon damage, down from 150%, and if Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec.
Multi-Shot: Now causes 60% weapon damage, down from 120%.
Rapid Fire: Now a 3 minute cooldown, down from 5.
Revive Pet: Now a 6 second cast, down from 10.
Steady Shot: Now causes 65% weapon damage, down from 100%.
Tracking: New - Allows the tracking of various types of creatures: Beasts, Demons, Dragonkin, Elementals, Giants, Hidden, Humanoids, and Undead. Activated through tracking interface.
Trap Launcher: Now a toggle ability.
Trueshot Aura: Now increases melee and ranged attack power by 20%, down from 10% melee attack power, and increases the critical strike chance by 5% of all party and raid members.

Beast Mastery

Beast Cleave : After you Multi-shot, your pet's melee attacks also strike all other nearby enemy targets for the next 5 sec.
Beast Mastery: Now reduces the cooldown of Pet Special Abilities. No longer increases amount of Skill Points.
Bestial Wrath: Now a 1 minute cooldown, down from 2.
Cobra Shot: Now deals 115% weapon damage, up from 100%.
Invigoration: Now only requires your Pet's Basic Attack to deal damge, rather than critically hit. Also has a 15% chance to regenerate 20 focus, rather than a 100% chance to regenerate 6 focus.
Kill Command: Now costs 37 focus, down from 40. 25 yard range, up from 5.

Marksmanship

Aimed Shot: Now causes 90% weapon damage, down from 160%.
Careful Aim: No longer includes Cobra Shot.
Chimera Shot: Now causes 115% weapon damage, up from 100%. 9 second cooldown, down from 10.
Steady Focus : Now also causes your Steady Shot to regenerate an additional 3 focus. Lasts 10 seconds, up from 8.

Survival

Black Arrow: Reworked - Fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing 85% Weapon damage as Shadow damage to the enemy target. In addition, Black Arrow deals 10 damage over 20 sec to the target and any other enemy within the path of the Black Arrow when fired. Lock and Load cannot trigger from the damage done to these additional targets.
Lock and Load: Now also has a 20% chance when Explosive Trap and Black Arrow deal damage to cause the Lock and Load effect.
Serpent Spread: Now spreads a full duration Serpent Sting, up from 9 seconds.
Trap Mastery: Now reduces the cooldown of your traps and Black Arrow by 6 seconds.
Viper Venom: New - You gain 3 Focus each time your Serpent Sting deals damage. This effect has a 3 sec cooldown.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Saw some hunter changes posted on MMO-Champ that seem ne

Unread post by Kikanu »

I hope that's mostly troll material. That's almost a full nerf.

"Trueshot Aura: Now increases melee and ranged attack power by 20%, down from 10% melee attack power, and increases the critical strike chance by 5% of all party and raid members."

So Fury warriors (5% raid crit buff) are now useless? I call troll post (not yours, whoever provided that info on mmo champ)
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Slickrock

Kikanu wrote:I hope that's mostly troll material. That's almost a full nerf.

"Trueshot Aura: Now increases melee and ranged attack power by 20%, down from 10% melee attack power, and increases the critical strike chance by 5% of all party and raid members."

So Fury warriors (5% raid crit buff) are now useless? I call troll post (not yours, whoever provided that info on mmo champ)
I think you're wrong. This is all part of the buff overhaul. Remember that they are simplifing the buff system to 8 core buffs. So there will be a lot more overlaps. It will be rare when you have a 10-man group and don't have all the buffs covered by the time they are done with it.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Trueshot Aura
From wowdb.com

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Pretty sure the trueshot one has been talked over for a long long time, its defo not a troll post.
ImageImage
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Saying 'Fury Warriors are now useless' is like saying 'Paladins are useless because druids bring Mark Of The Wild'. I.E. it just means that now you have another person who can bring it. If your Marksman Hunter isn't present, you can fill in for a Fury Warrior.

Besides, as a hunter, I *already* often bring +5% crit to the party with my pets (Devilsaur is very popular). So this is more of a concern for what they will do with the Devilsaur's power than with the Fury Warrior. Devilsaur/Wolf/Hydra all bring +5% crit to the table. So now does that mean that a Marksman hunter should never bother to have a wolf or hydra?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Hmm all I see is "damage down from" on almost everything.. man I hope we actually scale better with our gear then what we do now otherwise.. this may be quite the nerf..

Im glad revive pet is less, and hey BW is 1 min instead of 2, BM seems to be pretty good. But ill wait and see how it tests in game before I complain about just numbers, and its early beta so things are subject to change :)

About time Rapid Fire went down from 5 mins lol, and increase in kill command :) I like that especially when targets move alot and your pet cant keep up.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I wonder if the decreased weapon damage on abilities hint to some reworking of damage from bows.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

sinjara
Realm: blackhand

Unread post by sinjara »

I checked out the MMO post and they do look real and the rest of the classes pretty much across the board are seeing similar nerfs to damage percentage. I'm guessing they are trying to bring everything down so they can ramp it up later after they see where the new talents and weapons put the damage.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Beastial Wrath CD 1min down from 2min...Happy about that!! Then again, BM seems to be getting buffed up more.

I am sure we're not the only classes recieving re-works like this, and, we can't really know how they will effect us until we actually play through the changes.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

With the removal of our stat sticks melee weapons, I really hope they're compensating for the damage. I heard wind of them making us scale better with weapon damage, but one could only hope. If they nerf us too hard (like they did mages at the beginning of Cataclysm), I might have to main a monk instead. :P
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Remember that all other classes are also losing their 'stat sticks'... wands, librams, relics, thrown weapons... they're all going away just the same as our sticks are.

From what I've heard in the beta so far, the 'nerf' is apparently being made up for in other places, and the numbers so far are being reported as being pretty much the same as they are on live.

What -I'm- excited for is 'Kill Command range 25 yards up from 5 yards'.
ABOUT FREAKING BLOODY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know how much it SUCKS being the only spec where your big hitting attack; the signature and most important move you can do in your rotation, can be COMPLETELY DISABLED by something you can't control? (i.e. bad pet pathing, or boss mechanics requiring movement)

This can't go live soon enough for me.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Sasrei wrote:Hmm all I see is "damage down from" on almost everything.. man I hope we actually scale better with our gear then what we do now otherwise.. this may be quite the nerf..
I suspect with the damage % changes on Hunter's Mark and Aspect of the Hawk along with the nerfs to specific abilities that's exactly what they're trying to do. I have a DS heroic geared hunter and an LFR geared hunter making the scaling issue pretty apparent. I'd be totally happy being less OP at crappy gear levels but more on par with everyone else in the raid once I start getting better geared. I just hope it actually plays out that way and we don't end up in the situation we were in when DS first launched.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Also keep in mind, abilities do have to be scaled down. Now that we no longer have melee weapons, our ranged weapons have been super-buffed up to compensate it (at least what it seems like from some MMOchamp data I've seen). So some of these abilities have to be toned down because if they left them as is with these ranged weapons being super-buff for compensation, it'd get out of hand. And fast.

Honestly I'm excited for all these changes.

Kill Command 25 yrds? YES. THANK GOODNESS.

Beastial Wrath 1 min. MMMMMM DELICIOUSNESS.

Beast Cleave. EHEEEHEHEH SO EXCITED :D

Slickrock

Yeah, the abilities are getting scaled back so the weapons can be boosted.

That's why I'm trying to get some comparisons from live to beta on existing weapons.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Slickrock wrote:Yeah, the abilities are getting scaled back so the weapons can be boosted.

That's why I'm trying to get some comparisons from live to beta on existing weapons.

This ^

I'm actually starting to get over people screaming "the sky is falling!" omg they are nerfing hunters damage!!! (And no, this is not aimed at anyone on these forums before anyone takes personal offense ;) it's on pretty much all the forums around atm with people seeing the notes and /freakingout)

A) IT'S BETA! It's very early beta, nothing is set in stone and a lot of it is place holder or not even in game yet

and..

B) If these people bothered looking, they are buffing our weapon damage... a lot! This is currently the difference between live and beta for the same weapon atm...

Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth
Heroic
Binds when picked up
Ranged Bow
2226 - 4135 Damage Speed 3.00
(1060.2 damage per second)
+182 Agility
+274 Stamina
Durability 95 / 95
Requires Level 85
Item Level 416
Equip: Your ranged attacks have a chance to deal 8970 damage over 2 sec.
Sell Price: 28 88 99
Heroic
Binds when picked up
Ranged Bow
4452 - 8270 Damage Speed 3.00
(2120.3 damage per second)
+182 Agility
+274 Stamina
Durability 95 / 95
Requires Level 85
Item Level 416
Equip: Your ranged attacks have a chance to deal 8970 fire damage over 2 sec.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Slickrock

Spiritbinder wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Yeah, the abilities are getting scaled back so the weapons can be boosted.

This ^

I'm actually starting to get over people screaming "the sky is falling!" omg they are nerfing hunters damage!!! (And no, this is not aimed at anyone on these forums before anyone takes personal offense ;) it's on pretty much all the forums around atm with people seeing the notes and /freakingout)

A) IT'S BETA! It's very early beta, nothing is set in stone and a lot of it is place holder or not even in game yet

and..

B) If these people bothered looking, they are buffing our weapon damage... a lot! This is currently the difference between live and beta for the same weapon atm...

Heroic
Binds when picked up
Ranged Bow
2226 - 4135 Damage Speed 3.00
(1060.2 damage per second)
+182 Agility
+274 Stamina
Durability 95 / 95
Requires Level 85
Item Level 416
Equip: Your ranged attacks have a chance to deal 8970 damage over 2 sec.
Heroic
Binds when picked up
Ranged Bow
4452 - 8270 Damage Speed 3.00
(2120.3 damage per second)
+182 Agility
+274 Stamina
Durability 95 / 95
Requires Level 85
Item Level 416
Equip: Your ranged attacks have a chance to deal 8970 fire damage over 2 sec.
Thanks for that comparison!

But I think they may not be done yet. They were supposed to add the stats from the melee weapons to the ranged as well. Doesn't appear that they did that yet.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

._. I am not happy about BM pets no longer getting exstra pet talent points. I may need to start thinking about going back to surv if most of this makes it into the xpack.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

SylviaDragon wrote:._. I am not happy about BM pets no longer getting exstra pet talent points. I may need to start thinking about going back to surv if most of this makes it into the xpack.
:( Just see how this one pans out Sylvia. At the moment there aren't even any talent trees for the pets to put the extra points into if one could. We are not exactly sure what direction they plan on taking for pets, bar the exception that they have already mentioned that they may let any pet choose any tree we like, cunning, ferocity or tenacity, regardless of family type. I am hoping they will do some kind of tree or talent selection for them so we can still customize them to our exact needs. (eg. a tenacity pet that you can still spec into doin an ok amount of damage, while sacrificing a little defense) But that's just my hope atm, we will just have to wait and see. Fingers X'ed

Myself I am really looking forward to going back to BM from SV, there are just so many quality of life changes being made to the tree, I cant wait! :) But again, I'll have to wait and see also :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'll most likely stay as MM.