More News About Pet Battles, Wild Critters, ETC

Kientrae
Realm: Stormrage

More News About Pet Battles, Wild Critters, ETC

Unread post by Kientrae »

Just got this on my facebook updates :) thought you all would like a look at it.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=202034/ ... s-and-more
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: More News About Pet Battles, Wild Critters, ETC

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh, thanks for the link! That's a great compilation of info. Man, I'm so excited, this is going to be such a fun little side game. :D
Kientrae

Vephriel wrote:Ooh, thanks for the link! That's a great compilation of info. Man, I'm so excited, this is going to be such a fun little side game. :D
Glad to be of help to others! :D I thought it was very thorough for only having such limited info.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

These pets you catch are they only for this minigame or are they mini pets you can use where ever?
Kientrae

cowmuflage wrote:These pets you catch are they only for this minigame or are they mini pets you can use where ever?
That is a good question! If they are critters you can keep and have with you at all times outside of the minigame,, I wonder if it would count towards the companion count for achievements or not? :o I'll keep an eye out for an answer to your question.
winny
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by winny »

I really like the idea, I always wanted to have them all, now you can also do something with them......bring it! :P
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Mmmm makes me happy. I've been a crazy pet collector since vanilla (bags abd bags full of cages etc) and having another use for them makes me squee! :)
ImageImage
evilgnomey
Realm: jubei'thos

Unread post by evilgnomey »

cowmuflage wrote:These pets you catch are they only for this minigame or are they mini pets you can use where ever?
you catch, level and battle with them so yes you can absolutely keep all wild pets you find and i believe they will be able to follow you around like current companions.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Its not confirmed whether they follow you as companions yet though. :)
ImageImage
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

evilgnomey wrote:
you catch, level and battle with them so yes you can absolutely keep all wild pets you find and i believe they will be able to follow you around like current companions.
Sweet.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Meggers wrote:Mmmm makes me happy. I've been a crazy pet collector since vanilla (bags abd bags full of cages etc) and having another use for them makes me squee! :)
oh my god you should have seen me on the day that pets and mounts became learnable. i was famous in my guild for not having any room in my bank at all because it was full of pets, and i got the last laugh!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Question: Are these critters that you can catch in the wild going to count towards the companion collection achievements?

I've been busting my hump trying to get to 150 companion pets to get the Celestial dragon companion....would it just be better to wait to collect the mini companions instead of spending a good 5-10k on the pets that I am missing?
Kientrae

Shade wrote:Question: Are these critters that you can catch in the wild going to count towards the companion collection achievements?

I've been busting my hump trying to get to 150 companion pets to get the Celestial dragon companion....would it just be better to wait to collect the mini companions instead of spending a good 5-10k on the pets that I am missing?

I've been wondering the same thing, and for the same reason. I doubt it will though. It'd just be way TOO easy to get the achievement pets then.
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

I wonder if there's maybe going to be two classes of minipets now: the former non-combat pets and the new wild battle pets. In that case all acievements for 1st class would still be valid and not include wilds, which could easily have their own achievement sets. (Get 10/20/50/100/... wild battle pets, win first match with a freshly tamed battle pet, win 5 battles with same setup, etc.)

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Vetiver wrote:
Meggers wrote:Mmmm makes me happy. I've been a crazy pet collector since vanilla (bags abd bags full of cages etc) and having another use for them makes me squee! :)
oh my god you should have seen me on the day that pets and mounts became learnable. i was famous in my guild for not having any room in my bank at all because it was full of pets, and i got the last laugh!
Indeed! I used to have people poke at me "Lol you don't need all of those! Just vendor some of them." etc. (Someone told me I should have sold my hyacinth macaw I found while leveling...glad I never did)

I was supposed to hit 60 for my first raiding guild in vanilla to join them in MC, but i got stuck at 57 trying to farm a green whelpling...the guild leader bought one and gave it to me so i would go back to leveling. XD Did it just before the raid started though....first time in MC at 57.

Last laugh indeed. 8D
ImageImage