Potentially tameable beast skins - MoP Edition

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Untameable beast skins - MoP Edition

Unread post by Qraljar »

Ellaran wrote:
Qraljar wrote:I agree with the fact that I'm sad that so far it seems that the Mantid Tanks will in fact be untamable.

Listed as humanoid is usually just because they were hasty with adding the bestial mob, but since the name is pretty humanoid sounding, and the race the tank belongs to is humanoid.. let's say it brings forth all skepticism in me.

Even though the Silithid Colossi were only tamable since Cataclysm, they are an old model, and if they were ever to get an upgrade in appearance, I see this as the only opportunity, really.

I love my colossus, but I'd be sad if I had to be stuck with the old model from back in vanilla, especially when upgraded versions roam Pandaria.

It's like holding a carrot on a stick in front of me. :(

I know it's not something intentional, but I'd really feel seriously iffy if all of the mobs that use that model will be proclaimed untamable.
Think of it like the Qir'aji and the Silithid. The beings like the Prophet Skeram, the Twin Emperors, etc are the humanoid leaders and controllers, while the Silithid contain all of the beast creatures that are under the command of the Qir'aji (the Tank, the Boss Tank, the Aurokk, the Flyer, and the Wasp Boss).

I'm guessing, and hoping, that the Mantids will be the same. The humanoid Mantids are the leaders, and they have bestial insects under their command that we can tame. Right now they have the flying Qir'aji models as placeholders for flying Mantid mobs in one of the zones, so it looks like Blizz is making the Mantids the MoP version of the Qir'aji/Silithid.
Yeah, I agree!

The fact that the screenshot Wain generously created and linked to us so far has various Nerubians (<PH> model for Mantids) around the Tank, dead, makes me hopeful.

I mean, the following scenario could easily be the actual one:
o Mantids want to enslave the bestial Mantid Tank.

o Humanoid Mantids fail to tame the beast as their own pet.

o Mantid Tank devours its humanoid counterparts.
Plus, as for the humanoid thing: I believe things that are new in beta builds always kind of get classed as humanoids, same with the Kirin/Quilin/Qilin mobs, which were from one build before the current one and got turned into beasts (at least a few of them) in this current build.

I have hope! :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Ellaran wrote:
Qraljar wrote:I agree with the fact that I'm sad that so far it seems that the Mantid Tanks will in fact be untamable.

Listed as humanoid is usually just because they were hasty with adding the bestial mob, but since the name is pretty humanoid sounding, and the race the tank belongs to is humanoid.. let's say it brings forth all skepticism in me.

Even though the Silithid Colossi were only tamable since Cataclysm, they are an old model, and if they were ever to get an upgrade in appearance, I see this as the only opportunity, really.

I love my colossus, but I'd be sad if I had to be stuck with the old model from back in vanilla, especially when upgraded versions roam Pandaria.

It's like holding a carrot on a stick in front of me. :(

I know it's not something intentional, but I'd really feel seriously iffy if all of the mobs that use that model will be proclaimed untamable.
Think of it like the Qir'aji and the Silithid. The beings like the Prophet Skeram, the Twin Emperors, etc are the humanoid leaders and controllers, while the Silithid contain all of the beast creatures that are under the command of the Qir'aji (the Tank, the Boss Tank, the Aurokk, the Flyer, and the Wasp Boss).

I'm guessing, and hoping, that the Mantids will be the same. The humanoid Mantids are the leaders, and they have bestial insects under their command that we can tame. Right now they have the flying Qir'aji models as placeholders for flying Mantid mobs in one of the zones, so it looks like Blizz is making the Mantids the MoP version of the Qir'aji/Silithid.
Don't forget Nerubians. IIRC, I believe they are all related (I know for a fact that Nerubians and Qiraji are 2 branches of a split empire after the Sundering split the original continent into Kalimdor EK and NR. However, I thought I read that the Mantids are going to be a third newly discovered branch of the same Empire. I could be wrong, but even if I am, they're very much built in the Nerubian/Qiraji style that Blizzard has implemented.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Did nobody mention the porcupines...? I haven't been able to play too much, due to MASSIVE lag, but I did manage to wander a little bit in the starting 85+ area with Thy, and I saw the most adorable porcupine things... I definitely want one of those!
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

CrystalKitten wrote:Did nobody mention the porcupines...? I haven't been able to play too much, due to MASSIVE lag, but I did manage to wander a little bit in the starting 85+ area with Thy, and I saw the most adorable porcupine things... I definitely want one of those!
They're certainly lovely. I posted shots of all the model colours on this thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=17209

But they so much resemble a lot of the new critters in art style (and don't look as high res as most of the new beast models) that I don't think they intend them to be pets. I wouldn't say it's impossible, I just think it's less likely.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I saw a porcupine on a list of mini pets in a screenshot of the pet battle system. It's a confirmed mini pet,but it's not known yet if it will be a hunter one. Like Wain I am doubtful it will,but you never know.
Mizree
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Mizree »

Well tigers in Jade forest can be tamed now!
Mizree

Unread post by Mizree »

porcupines can also be tamed, but it crashed the game on me as I did. :)

The Jade cats are still not beasts :(
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Youve just made me try to get back on it after crashing 19 times lol

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Mizree

Unread post by Mizree »

cranes are listed as tamable, but the tame keeps failing, not sure why unless it is because it is the same lvl as I am. The rest I tamed were 84.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

I like how porcupines are listed as boars atm.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh god, I'm perma-crashing in Org. xD

Someone find a hydra?
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

Oo I didnt think about hydras... Ill go crash my way over to one lol.

Edit: Also looks like panda hunter starter turtles have been changed to the dragon ones.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Flight Rising!

Vephriel

Blarg, managed to get to Sholazar, checked the Bittertide Hydras there, but they are not tameable. They have diets, though.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I assume fish and meat XD
Mizree

Unread post by Mizree »

Stags are a no, as are those lovely wasps ( will have to check the name again)
Trying to play the crash /check game lol
Vephriel

Got over to Darkshore and checked the Hydras down there, looks like none are tameable now, but they all have the following diet:

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042512_003933.png
WoWScrnShot_042512_003933.png (256.76 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

OMGOMGOMG why does my computers Internet have to be off?! Aaahhhhhhh D:
There is no way I will be able to sleep tonight T-T

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

Thats the exact hydra I plan on taming once they become tamable lol.

Edit: Screenie for Mania :D
WoWScrnShot_042512_021903.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042512_021903.jpg (375.72 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

Sig made by Iggypuff
Flight Rising!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

More screenshots of things! Gogo!!
Curse you router, I will stab and replace you one of these days! D:<

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Haven't hydras had diets for ages? I know I've seen them with diets for some time.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.