Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Snowy »

I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

dont rant because blizzard could just as easily take em away but i think its cool blizzard lets hunters keep the unintended tames if we found them in time its kinda a reward for finding something the developers failed to see. but since cataclysm we havent see this happening because testing usually reveals this now. so at least blizzard is improving.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Everdeen wrote:I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.
There's no sense in complaining; the hydra buff is just a regular crit buff. They're basically glorified wolves. When/if hydras are added as a properly tameable family, their family buff is highly likely to change, especially since both quilen and water striders have crit buffs too.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kalliope wrote:
Everdeen wrote:I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.
There's no sense in complaining; the hydra buff is just a regular crit buff. They're basically glorified wolves. When/if hydras are added as a properly tameable family, their family buff is highly likely to change, especially since both quilen and water striders have crit buffs too.
How many pets also have a damage increase debuff now?
And how many have the haste buff?
And how many have the 2 second stun?

I don't think that just because 'others have it', they will remove the crit from Hydras. :) There have been a lot of crossover pets throughout. And Hydras aren't exotic pets, so having Hydras able to use this means that people who aren't Beast Masters have the chance to utilize a crit pet that *isn't* a wolf.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope

Kurasu wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
How many pets also have a damage increase debuff now?
And how many have the haste buff?
And how many have the 2 second stun?

I don't think that just because 'others have it', they will remove the crit from Hydras. :) There have been a lot of crossover pets throughout. And Hydras aren't exotic pets, so having Hydras able to use this means that people who aren't Beast Masters have the chance to utilize a crit pet that *isn't* a wolf.
I said "highly likely" for a reason. ;) It's no guarantee, but it COULD possibly be a reason that hydras are on hold.

My reasoning is that not many buffs have four representative pet families. Sure, there are exceptions. But overall, that's not the case.

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Re-posting in case anyone is up to heroics and could please check these two things :) I''ll try heroics myself when I can find some gems and enchants for my gear. Not sure if they're available for cheap somewhere.
Wain wrote:I ran Mogu'shan Palace regular today.
As far as I could tell "Gurthan Quilen <Gurthan Scrapper's Minion>" were never tameable or attackable. Could someone please confirm that? Unless maybe they attack on Heroic. They're the ones that are part of Clan Gurthan and just stand around while you fight. Even at the end when it becomes a brawl I found I couldn't target them.
Also, in the side rooms before the final boss there are a collection of jade quilen statues and some mobs. I couldn't convince my group to kill them, but can the statues come to life? Maybe they're just cosmetic. They are classed as beasts though. I could stealth in and become visible in front of them and they didn't attack me, nor could I attack them. I just wonder if there's any chance they might activate when the other mobs are engaged.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

I had all three ghost croc pets, the hydra(lisk), the slime(alisk), and the ghost croc. When they first came out, all three were crocs with fancy skins on. I have since ditched the ghost croc, but the slimalisk has stayed a croc (croc abilities, diet, talent tree), while the hyrdalisk got this...

You see the hyrda icon? Yeah, they're a separate family now. I totally wouldn't mind using them, except a) they won't stop using the idle animation with the hiss sound effect and b) the way they run is regrettable.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

... did they really take out the common pink cranes? :(
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Novikova wrote:... did they really take out the common pink cranes? :(
Yup, Patrannache will be the unique rare with that skin.
Novikova

Bah. That's disappointing. :( I was okay with a common, since his pat route is kinda brutal. Oh well. Guess that's a second rare or so I'm after.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Guys, when I said 'now to proceed the rant', I was only kidding. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Novikova

Hydras are sort of a sore subject for some folks, and Blizz's teasing doesn't always help.

Personally, I'll be over here in the sad corner because the common pink cranes got yanked. I think my new plan will be to see which other color I dig most and just try for the rare anyway.

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

@Everdeen :) Not ranting! I'm just letting you know what the changed were when they went from hydralisk to true hydra.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

At least the gripe about the pink crane was related to the thread. Hydras are unrelated and it's all been grumbled about before... many, many times ;)
Kalliope

Wain wrote:At least the gripe about the pink crane was related to the thread. Hydras are unrelated and it's all been grumbled about before... many, many, many, many, many times ;)
FTFY. ;)

YouTube Edition

Novikova

Suppose so! I was excited to see common ones listed, then nothin'. C'est la vie, I can see why they'd like a rare to be unique. I'll have him one day. :D I honestly suspect hydras are low priority just because of the sheer number of other options with the crit roar.

Appreciate the answers, too. I can't wait for my new machine. ><

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Still Off Topic, but I cant wait for hydras to be implemented, and then wait for everyone to complain.

As Jangalian said, the ghost hydras that still remain in game, are still very very noisy. So much that the 1st time I brought it to raid, people where all like, "OMG Wth is that, it's so cool looking!!" to soon be followed with "That pet is so annoying! Does it ever shut up O_o ... please bring something else next time, it's killing us! >.<"

Trust me, you say you want them, but just wait til you experience the joys of 3 cranky heads,screaming at each other, on a continuously looping sound file... :?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

(If they ever implement them as a pet, you can bet your ass they'd fix the sounds)
ImageImage
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Spiritbinder wrote:Still Off Topic, but I cant wait for hydras to be implemented, and then wait for everyone to complain.

As Jangalian said, the ghost hydras that still remain in game, are still very very noisy. So much that the 1st time I brought it to raid, people where all like, "OMG Wth is that, it's so cool looking!!" to soon be followed with "That pet is so annoying! Does it ever shut up O_o ... please bring something else next time, it's killing us! >.<"

Trust me, you say you want them, but just wait til you experience the joys of 3 cranky heads,screaming at each other, on a continuously looping sound file... :?
maybe its just me but i thought that the noisy hydras could be easily fixed just like the stompy core hounds and devilsaurs where. but maybe theres more to it then changing a few lines of code
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tearing the conversation away from hydras for the 5 millionth time. *cough*

Bookworms in the Scrollkeeper's Sanctum are now green caterpillars, not larvae. So probably little chance of getting a tameable larva. They're still not tameable, though, even as caterpillars. I also found Dappled Moths in there, which I thought maybe had been removed. It's been so long since i did this quest last.