New wolf model?

Shadowkaizen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

New wolf model?

Unread post by Shadowkaizen »

I seen on MMOChampion that they had a hunter set that has a wolf head on it (The new PVP set) and I was wondering if anyone has seen any new wolves?

If you look closley you can see that the wolf's head is neither vanilla model or Saber worg model. I really like the look and I guess I was just hopeing there would be something new on that front since I still haven't got my invite yet.

If someone special is watching these threads I would just like to say that I would love to see an updated wolf look!.... >.>
<.<

:hug:

Oh and pic http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... hunter.jpg
The shadows are my ally...and so is that large wolf behind you.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: New wolf model?

Unread post by Wain »

Nice find :)

The only MoP wolves I've seen so far are saber worgs, but it's not them either. And it's not the head of the new mount model added in Cata.

It'd be nice if it's a new model, especially since it's a great look, but it's also quite possibly just some art they created for the shoulders.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm going to go ahead and say that the wolf head was probably created just for the shoulders. If we had a new wolf model it would have shown up in datamining by now I think. Just my thoughts.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Those are some good-looking wolves, though.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

While I absolutely love cats and am all for new cat models, I would love to see wolves get some loving and get an updated model. Seems a little unfair that cats have been getting all the love lately. Maybe it's because I have my Worgen Hunter now who is collecting wolves, but really think they should get a nice new, crisp model update with MoP.

Edit
Oh, and I wouldn't rule it completely out yet. Weren't the mantid tank models just found/new? Maybe, just maybe.. we haven't seen them yet!
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

This hardly indicates a new wolf model is coming. That is like saying we were getting new bats because of the last tier of rogue shoulders featured a bats head.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kayb wrote:This hardly indicates a new wolf model is coming. That is like saying we were getting new bats because of the last tier of rogue shoulders featured a bats head.
Kayb, your option is very welcome here, but the tone... I'm not 100% sure. The OP asking a simple question, with a few "I hopes" and wishes, that was all.

OT

There certainly is a lot of work put into the shoulder piece and in areas it certainly does look a lot better than some of our in game pet models atm. They did do the sabre worg wolf model that is only one expansion old now so wolves have had a little love, in some ways. But as wolves seem to play such a large role in a lot of wow lore/stories/npcs and quests, I think a new model would be very well received imo.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I thought those were bear heads at first :lol:
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Kayb wrote:This hardly indicates a new wolf model is coming. That is like saying we were getting new bats because of the last tier of rogue shoulders featured a bats head.
Kayb, your option is very welcome here, but the tone... I'm not 100% sure. The OP asking a simple question, with a few "I hopes" and wishes, that was all.

OT

There certainly is a lot of work put into the shoulder piece and in areas it certainly does look a lot better than some of our in game pet models atm. They did do the sabre worg wolf model that is only one expansion old now so wolves have had a little love, in some ways. But as wolves seem to play such a large role in a lot of wow lore/stories/npcs and quests, I think a new model would be very well received imo.

There was no tone.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

The shoulders look rather similar to these: http://us.media3.battle.net/cms/gallery ... 749023.jpg

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kayb wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:
OT
There was no tone.
He's not the only one that felt your post was dripping with disdain. I guess that's the problem with written media. It's very easy to convey the wrong tone.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Wain wrote: I guess that's the problem with written media. It's very easy to convey the wrong tone.
True dat. Nothing was intended :)

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

IDK they always looked more similar to worgen to me than anything else.
ImageImage
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

New wolves would be awesome but even if we don't get a new wolf skin (/sadpandarain) we at *least* get neat hunter pvp gear.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kayb wrote:
Wain wrote: I guess that's the problem with written media. It's very easy to convey the wrong tone.
True dat. Nothing was intended :)
speaking for myself, I read absolutely nothing wrong and nothing "toney" in your comment. I read it straightforward for what it was.

but then MY posts are always being reinterpreted and people are constantly adding "tone" to them that was never intended.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Personally I hope they visit many other animals first before redoing wolves again. Such as bears and hyenas.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I wish there were armorless version of the rbg horde wolf mount they could use, i love that skin

i also agree with Chrizesu about other families getting love.

i love the new tiger models but cats got new stuff again :P
Shadowkaizen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Shadowkaizen »

Yeah I was just asking in terms of wishful thinking didn't mean to state that I thought it was sorry. I am sure its just me (as a lover of wolves) thinking with my wolf loving heart haha.

Anyways just thought I would share that with you guys! Thanks for the responses. :)
The shadows are my ally...and so is that large wolf behind you.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It was great to point it out :) It really is a beautiful design and would make a great looking pet. A lot of the shoulders look more stylized and exaggerated and less realistic than that.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

add me to the list of people who wish Blizz would give a bit more love to the doggy side of things.

the demon dogs were cool, but I'd REALLY kill for a Husky-style dog, or a real-looking Wolf (I don't care for the Kate Moss version of "wolf" they have right now).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.