I've messed up... BAD

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

I've messed up... BAD

Unread post by Gimlion »

So, I got my Beta invite around the 3rd or 4th wave (Not this most recent 250000 wave), and I downloaded it, fine, everything working great. I create a character (Panda monk), and log in. Everything was pink, then I got an error. This error, to be exact: ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!. I looked it up, I tried everything I could think of, I followed Vephriel's instructions to reduce my graphics settings. Nothing worked, at all, and the error persisted on my Beta account.

I decided I might as well uninstall and try to re-download, hoping this would fix the problem. It didn't, I still kept getting the error. It was then that I was getting extremely flustered. My final hope was to completely uninstall WoW, then reinstall using the online Full-Game downloader. I hit the uninstall button, and it said it was uninstalled, except my launcher was still in the Start menu, and I could still play... WTF?! I figured it just didn't uninstall properly, so I uninstalled again, then began the online download, only it just loaded the Launcher, saying my game was up-to-date.

Cataclysm is still working fine for me as of right now. However, when I attempted redownloading the Beta, the same thing happened, and I got this error upon trying to log in: "There was an error logging in. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact Tech Support at: (Insert tech-site here)." Now I'm really confused, as I've literally tried everything after seeing this. There's no Beta Launcher, I have to manually search for the 'World of Warcraft Beta Setup', execute that which then brings up the launcher saying everything is up to date. There is no Uninstall file, and there is no beta file in my WoW folder.

Can anyone help, I'd really like to not require a complete burn of my computer, just to play in the beta that I was supposed to have promised access too. I understand that may be my only option, but if there is ANYTHING that ANYONE knows of, please let me know.

Edit: To note that I have no way of uninstalling the Beta from what I know about computers other than burning it down, that's why I bring it up...

Final Edit as of now: Everything is working after the latest piece of advice, thanks to all of you guys for helping out.
Last edited by Gimlion on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: I've messed up... BAD

Unread post by Zangor »

the login issues are affecting everyone at the moment.
blizzard is working on a fix but no ETA.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

How recently? This has been happening for a good week or more. Since I downloaded the beta, which was the same day that the wave I received it from was sent. I hope you're right, I understand that not much is happening in the Beta atm, but I'd like to get in and get a foothold asap.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WoW only exists in one folder. So just deleting that folder pretty much uninstalls it. Out of interest did you delete the folder before you re-installed the beta (to remove WTF settings etc. which may have been the issue)? And are you certain you didn't accidentally delete the PTR folder instead of the beta one? :)

The login issues for everyone have only been for the last day or so, but I found it was working again when I last checked 4 hours ago.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I didn't delete, I only hit the Uninstall, first time I used the "World of Warcraft Beta Uninstall", the second time, when I wanted to Uninstall WoW completely, I used "World of Warcraft Uninstall". I guess I could try deleting the folder, but idk if that would fix the Beta issue, as, from what I can tell, it doesn't actually exist on my computer unless I use the 'World of Warcraft Beta Setup' to load the launcher.

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I had the pink squares of doom in Pandaria the only way I could do anything was to NOT mess with the settings, hearth to Org, fly high into the air so I am above the squares. THEN reset the settings to good while my camera is aimed away from the squares as best as I could. That was the only way to reset anything without the instacrash.

As far as the installing/uninstalling issue. I am not too sure what to do with that

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah. Delete the folder to be safe
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Wain wrote:Yeah. Delete the folder to be safe
As in, delete my entire WoW folder? I should be able to reinstall WoW afterwards right? Also, will this enable me to properly redownload the Beta?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For starters just try deleting the "WTF" folder from within your beta folder.

If that fails, rename or remove the entire beta folder. But copy the installer to the desktop and run it from there.

Also, were you in the Cata beta too? Just wondering if there's any mix up of files like I had. The old beta folder should have been renamed to have a ~ in front of its name though.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Wain wrote:For starters just try deleting the "WTF" folder from within your beta folder.

If that fails, rename or remove the entire beta folder. But copy the installer to the desktop and run it from there.

Also, were you in the Cata beta too? Just wondering if there's any mix up of files like I had. The old beta folder should have been renamed to have a ~ in front of its name though.
There is no beta folder. That's what's messed up. The second time the beta 'downloaded', it didn't make a launcher, or folder, or anything, but still says it's up to date, once I start the launcher via the workaround method I post in OP. And no, this is the first Beta I've been in at all.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Gimlion wrote:
Wain wrote:For starters just try deleting the "WTF" folder from within your beta folder.

There is no beta folder. That's what's messed up. The second time the beta 'downloaded', it didn't make a launcher, or folder, or anything, but still says it's up to date, once I start the launcher via the workaround method I post in OP. And no, this is the first Beta I've been in at all.
What OS (and version) are you running? If it's Win 7 are you sure you're looking in the Program Files (x86) folder? I wonder if it could be installing it on a wrong drive or partition, too.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Yes, I'm on 7. I'll check there, but i've just been using the search bar at the bottom of the Home menu, which I thought checked the entire computer.

Edit: I found it... :? :? Delete the WTF first?

After finding the file, and deleting the WTF, I'm getting an error loading the launcher. I'm going to try deleting the entire Beta file and redownloading over-night. I'll post tomorrow how it goes, as it's nearly 12:30 here and I do have school in the morning.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good luck :) With so many errors is really sounds wisest to just scrap it and start from scratch. Hope it goes well this time :)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well, I was able to get the launcher and everything working, but now I'm still getting the "ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!"

I know others in another thread were getting this error, but there's is only recently, after having been able to log in before they started getting the error... I have yet to be able to log into any character for more than 10 seconds before the error message. Should I just wait until they say the error is fixed, or is there something else wrong on my computer?

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I think I might have actually had this error back in wrath. There was some spots my video card wasn't handling right, and I got the pink squares of doom.

The problem was later fixed in patch.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well the time I was able to log on longest (before destroying my beta folder on accident, which is fixed now) I set my graphics down low, and the Pink Squares didn't occur, but I still got the error about 10 seconds later, and I'm still getting it now...

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

If it's the problem I am thinking of, the squares are only a symptom, and don't have to come up at all. Blizzard most likely hasn't finished graphic optimization yet so people with certain set ups will have problems. If I may ask, what do you play wow on?

It could also be a different error entirely. The premise of the error leads me to assume that it is referencing a spot in RAM. The problem with this is that it means the error is very specific to that very build of the client.
I'm sure that this sounds like gibberish to you, so I'll give you the message I'm trying to get to. That is, sometimes no one really knows what the problem is until further testing. And then, in my experience, the error may still be puzzling.
However, from what I can tell the error is highly reproducible. This is good, as it means that a fix should be out shortly.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Actually, my dad is a software engineer, as well as being very tech-inclined, so I knew what you were talking about. I play on a Window's 7 Lenovo of some-sort that my parents got me for Christmas, so idk the specs atm.

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Where are the characters you are logging into?

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Whichever the US PvE realm is, Lost Isles maybe?