Pet talent summary...

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Pet talent summary...

Unread post by Miacoda »

I love our big and teeny pets, but I also think it would be nice to see what I'm doing when I have some of my favorites out. :P
It'll certainly be one of my fondest WoW memories, though!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*nods to Mia*

The solution is to let us keep them this way! :D

Maybe minimum and maximum sizes they can be shown at, but still closer to the wild.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'd adore for devilsaurs to be a tad bigger. And dogs... Especially demon dogs... :P

It's funny though, this pet size bug has really made me appreciate the shrink after tame! :lol:

What I think could be fun is an option that lets you choose whether or not you see pets at full size, something you could turn on or off in settings.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ideally I would love to see a pet size ...slider bar? (kind of like the bar for adjusting games sounds) where it alows the player to adjust the size at which they view pets. Although make it have a defualt setting at the pets default tamed size. Thay way each player can adjust how they view pwt size, everyone would be happy. Pet classes will be able to run around with their pets at the sizes they like (though of course it would only be visable to the player and not everyone else).

Big pets, small pets, we would see them how we want to see them.

I certainly find some of my pets are just to small compaired to my toon, and others are just to big. Hey, I want my devilsaur to be the size of a raptor, and I want my Hyena to look me in the eye, and I like my seagull just the way he is.

Of course if the option were in the interface it would get a bit annoying to resize everytime a new pet got called out...unless there were a macro command for it, like:

/command petsize=___

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope

Tiny Theseus waves his tiny arms futilely from the PTR!

I think that means he agrees with you, Makoes. ;)

Course, Big Theseus from the beta would disagree....oh dear. :/

YouTube Edition

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I was personally hoping for like a 3x2 talent feature for flavor choices, or even a 2x2. Like would we rather have dash or charge. I guess part of it is just my preference.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

At first i was thinking: wolverine bite going away!? Q_Q.

But then i remembered: I rarely use my cunning pets in pvp or anything for that matter and the fact that i desided long ago i would switch them to fero the moment i could.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

From what I can tell and guess, each tree is keeping at least some of the active talents specifically for each tree (Heart of the Phoenix, Roar of Sacrifice, Intervene). The passive ones like Grace of the Mantis, Shark Attack, and Blood of the Rhino are also sticking around and will be learned as the pet levels, similar to the Hunter. Hopefully one of the Active Talents will be available as the starting perk of the tree like with the character classes.

I wonder if Blizz will do it so that fresh Hunters will have pets that aren't in any spec when you start, with only Growl and Basic Attack, and when you reach level 10 you can start choosing the pet's spec. Be an interesting way to show how the bond between you and your pet grows as you start out and level.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I am really looking forward to the build that incorporates more of the pet changes (like choosing family) because things can't be right as is. All pets, regardless of family have the same HP :( I am most concerned about Tenacity, personally.

Beta is still beta and I know lots has to be done (pet isn't getting 12% stam and 20% armor on beta atm) and lots will change and theres no need to wave white flag etc etc.

I did notice that baseline, my tenacity pet on beta has 0 resistance, whereas on live (without buffs or resist talent) my turtle has 22% resist to arcane and 12% to everything else. Also the beta tenacity has a lot more attack power and does twice the dps as my turtle on live, which I found odd.

I also think the amount of stats pets get from us has been tinkered because at current numbers, even with an extra 20% armor, numbers are going to be lower (much lower in case of armor).

I am awaiting the build that addresses pets with much anticipation :D
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I'm an optimist. I'll wait to see what Blizzard's doing to pets. We'll see what's up, from Ghost Crawler, in the next patch or 2. Can't wait for the weekly beta patch. Either tomorrow or Friday now. Hunters' pets will have alot more skills and benefits, even to others(!), than Warlocks' demons. And I'd love a Glyph, coming with the "fun" factor that Blizzard has, of Larger Proportions.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh i cant wait to have a tanking seagul.. just for the fun of it :P

And my worm, bears and boars will fianlly find a use as tenacity :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Makoes wrote:Ideally I would love to see a pet size ...slider bar? (kind of like the bar for adjusting games sounds) where it alows the player to adjust the size at which they view pets. Although make it have a defualt setting at the pets default tamed size. Thay way each player can adjust how they view pwt size, everyone would be happy. Pet classes will be able to run around with their pets at the sizes they like (though of course it would only be visable to the player and not everyone else).

Big pets, small pets, we would see them how we want to see them.

I certainly find some of my pets are just to small compaired to my toon, and others are just to big. Hey, I want my devilsaur to be the size of a raptor, and I want my Hyena to look me in the eye, and I like my seagull just the way he is.

Of course if the option were in the interface it would get a bit annoying to resize everytime a new pet got called out...unless there were a macro command for it, like:

/command petsize=___
^ This. This this this.

But I would want 2 sliders - own pet / other pets.

See what YOU want, guilt-free, and without having other players' pet size choices imposed on you.

EDIT: Actually as I think about this some more, it still has the "one size [literally] fits all" flaw. So if you want your blighthound to be enlarged, but prefer your fox to be smaller, you're kind of outta luck.

I think I'd still prefer one shot / pet-specific inscription scrolls that increase or decrease that particular pet's size, but doesn't affect size of your other pets.
Last edited by Worba on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I suddenly pictured people running around viewing hunter pets at min size, and a tiny devilsaur the size of a raptor hatchlings running after mobs...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Yeah I know, I just had second thoughts myself...
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I think it's great that at least cunning will have a use and there will be a good reason to spec a pet into that tree. Although I wonder if for BM pvp Ferocity pets will still rule? Being able to have whatever pet I want be whatever spec I want is going to be so amazing that the tradeoff is fine with me. I actually like that there will still be decisions made on which pets to use for which job. We will just have so much more flexibility with those choices.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I'm not quite sure what you mean Ses. There wasn't ever a real point (at least recently) where Cunning didn't have a purpose. They are great in PvP, with amazing utility talents. They also are on par DPS-wise with Ferocity pets. It's been a very long time since they were over-shadowed by Ferocity pets, especially in a raid where their utility AND damage made them just as useful, if not moreso than Ferocity pets.

I don't mean to sound angry, but I'm very tired of the "Cunning-isn't-good" mentality, which has been untrue for a fairly long time.

Also, to answer the Ferocity in PvP question, I don't think it was Fer. as much as Spirit Beasts. I bet we'll see a lot of Cunning Spirit Beasts making their way into PvP with this change. I personally will have one of each, to see which works better for me, but I have my money on Cunning with the changes they're making to the tree abilities.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Every time I busted out a cunning pet in a pug or vs target dummy, my DPS suffered; was this a raid or situational thing that relied on pets having extended time to hit mobs at 35% health?
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Worba wrote:Every time I busted out a cunning pet in a pug or vs target dummy, my DPS suffered; was this a raid or situational thing that relied on pets having extended time to hit mobs at 35% health?
Yes, testing against dummies isn't always the best way, nor is considering raw dps. Raiding, with bosses that especially require longer fights, many people, myself included, saw such negligible differences in DPS, especially when considering the Utility often brought by Cunning Pets, that it was worth bringing one, pending on the make up of the group. Also with the chance at higher damage output than Ferocity (never experienced this, but Frostheim says it happened in the post mentioned in OP), cunning pets, at least AFAIK, had no reason to be dismissed as sub-par to Ferocity.

It'll be different in MoP, though, with the new changes, but many people just kinda hid their cunning pets for no reason throughout LK/Cata, whether b/c of being misinformed or, like you (nothing against you) using Dummy numbers, which don't always showcase everything happening in Endgame PvE environments.

Also, PuG, as in Dungeon runs? I never saw any difference in Raid Finder, but with Dungeon Finder, I usually just ran with my SB b/c it's just a burn for the most part, and buffs aren't quite as necessary.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

PuG as in random dungeon finder group, yes. And I know target dummies can be misleading for a variety of reasons, but taken in conjunction with my pug experience, the numbers didn't really support using cunning for the circles I ran in (e.g. I don't raid or PVP). So that's probably at least partly responsible for the general perception of cunning being inferior DPS.

FWIW I'm sure if I did do (end game) raids, I'd be giving cunning pets another try... not that it's going to matter for much longer either way though, as you mentioned.
Kalliope

FWIW, both ferocity and cunning are currently listed as "damage" specs. Cunning is NOT classified as utility, though its remaining abilities are definitely more geared that way. Sure, it's just a label, but it's a mentality too. :) Besides, this is beta!

On live, though, cunning pets are definitely comparable with ferocity pets in terms of dps.

YouTube Edition