KNOWN BETA BUGS

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

KNOWN BETA BUGS

Unread post by Kalliope »

This thread is a one stop checklist of all the major known beta bugs that we as a community are likely to encounter:

Hunter Specific Bugs:
  • When copying over a hunter with a full stable, five random* pets will disappear from the copy's deep stable. (* For some, it seems to be the five most recently tamed pets, excluding the ones in your active stable.) It doesn't matter which deep stable slots those pets were in; they can be pulled from anywhere in the deep stable, despite it always being the first five stable slots that will be "locked" and unusable. This will NOT impact your hunter on live servers.
  • You can only tame beasts that are at least one level lower than you. This has been fixed as of 05/03/12.
  • Pets often lose their selected spec. Some of the most common occurrences include switching specs, pet death, and sometimes resummoning pets.
  • When a new adept is summoned in the quest "Bigger Fish to Fry," your pet is automatically dismissed.
  • If you engage in combat near Chibee (elite not-rare silkworm), he will aggro to you and your pet as though you'd been aggressive toward him.
  • Cranes that are correctly tamable as cranes currently only have around 11k hp.
  • Misdirection only works in party, not solo.
General Bugs:
  • The quest "Something Tough" in the Pandaren starting area that involves collecting reeds is bugged. You need to zoom all the way in or otherwise adjust your camera angle in order to successfully click them.
  • There are some bugs with the new mounts-shared-between-chars system. 1) Some players are reporting all their mounts disappearing. KNOWN FIXES: relogging to a copy of your char that still has the mounts; reload ui; relogging; zoning. If one method doesn't work, try something else or keep trying; there's no rhyme or reason. I definitely recommend having a spare copy of your main to log into, since that's the method that worked for me. 2) Pandaren can use opposite-faction mounts, likely because they can be either at the beginning.
  • Entering buildings bugs out some players. Links to fixes can be found here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=18423
Last edited by Kalliope on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Idoru

Re: KNOWN BETA BUGS

Unread post by Idoru »

Kalliope wrote:
  • You can only tame beasts that are at least one level lower than you.
Yeah, this one was a huge "WTF!?!" moment when I tried to tame a (same level) crane.
Because the tame doesn't fail on cast, but instead gives a "skill not high enough" when the it finishes.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

If you level a panda (such as a hunter), youre going to encounter the buggy reeds.

I wake up in cold sweats screaming "REEDS!"
Kalliope

Quivering wrote:If you level a panda (such as a hunter), youre going to encounter the buggy reeds.

I wake up in cold sweats screaming "REEDS!"
Ugh, yes. Happen to recall the name of the quest?

YouTube Edition

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

The quest is called Something Tough. :)

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

How appropriate. :lol:
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

and kalli, it's more or less not flying but swimming, lol, and i think it drops your speed down to swimming level but don't quote me on that

Kalliope

Ha, thanks, Cae. ;)

Good call, Nug; will rephrase.

YouTube Edition

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Have they fixed or intend to fix the 5 missing pet from a transfur? Bummed cause I am missing so fav pets and the "empty" slots are locked as well :(

Thank you, just wondering...been playing my panda cause I was so sad three of my all time fav are just .....gone...
Kalliope

Nope, that bug is still in place too, unfortunately.

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

May want to add the whole missing mounts disappearing fiasco that is currently affecting beta? I imagine it will be fixed soon though...
Kalliope

Done, thanks. :)

YouTube Edition

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

My mounts have been bugged for the last couple days and it makes playing on the Beta almost impossible. Esp as I'm on the pvp server. But I found that when I port to Hellscream's Hope I don't lose my mounts. I've done it three times now and same result. Porting to the other two spots in Pandaria makes them disappear or using any of the org ports does as well.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Bug: Stampede replaces your active pet's name with one of the other 4 you have with you.

Steps to reproduce: Fight a mob with your active pet. Use Stampede. After Stampede finishes and the other 4 pets disappear, check your active pet's name

I tried Stampede for the first time in the wee hours of Saturday morning, and when it ended I noticed my regular pet, my wolf, had my fox's name.

So I dismissed him, popped up my list of pets, and saw that both my fox and my wolf had the fox's name.

Summoning the wolf gave him back his normal name.

Haven't checked since then, but there's been updates, so it might have been fixed. Will give it a try again soon.

Edit 1: tried it with my bamboo stalker, and it didn't happen... I'll try it with the wolf again soon.

Edit 2: tride it with the fox as the active pet, then the wolf, didn't happen. Basically, it seems this was fixed before I even reported it :oops:

Edit 3: Just tried it again while fighting the Yaungol Warmaster -- active pet: bamboo stalker. Didn't notice he had my fox's name until I took a gryphon over to Binan Village to do The Missing Merchant.

Edit 4: This seems to be fixed now.
Last edited by Agravaine on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Looks like adding and taking icons off your bars is impossible right now, at least for me.. Whenever I try to do either, I get instantly disconnected. :(
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Bug: Pet acts as if he's in Aggressive Mode

Steps to reproduce: patrol an area with hostile mobs. Kill a couple. Stay out of aggro range but within shooting range of mobs. Pet will randomly attack mobs without being sent.

My pet is always on assist, but sometimes they run off and attack hostile (red) mobs that are out of aggro range. It's as if he's on Aggressive. I've seen it happen in Karasang Wilds and Kun-Lai Summit.

In Karasang, my cat has attacked mobs out of aggro range without warning. In Kun-Lai, after finishing off a Yeti for the Grummle quest, he proceeded to run after a mountain goat that was also out of aggro range.

Note: the mobs seem to be quest targets -- the Karasang tigers for the blood scam quest, the herb-affected Goats for the Grummle quest, etc.

Edit: As of 5.0.4 (16016), this now seems to be happening with Stampede -- the 5 pets now charge towards the nearest available hostile. I've still only experienced it in an area with quest targets (the mantids for the quest Niuzao's Price). Calling them back works temporarily, but they'll still charge hostiles until Stampede wears off.

I wonder if this is inteded, that stampeding pets are in fact aggressive for the duration of the spell.

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Not sure if this is the place to report a bug on live, or if anyone els has noticed, but when using lynx rush on a group, your pet may continue to waste attacks on mobs that have died before the effect expired.