Jadefang common skin?

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Jadefang common skin?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sometimes! ^_^

Comes with a set of four totem minipets! D'awwww.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Kalliope wrote:*tames Wain*

*set for life* ^_^
How many colors does he come in?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Slickrock wrote:

*set for life* ^_^
As many as he wants, since he's a chameleon!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Kalliope wrote:
Slickrock wrote:

*set for life* ^_^
As many as he wants, since he's a chameleon!
Wain is a color changer? makes sense. :ugeek: Now we know why he can keep track of all them so well. ;)
Last edited by Slickrock on Mon May 07, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Wain wrote:Maybe they could change the new ones to this one instead:

Unlikely ;)
My bf would die of happiness! He loves the shale spiders and lime green is his favorite color. Although his hunter is just another one of his alts. He's not as into it as I am.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Slickrock wrote:
Ëlfdragon wrote:Now, correct me if I'm misunderstanding this, but are you saying that, if a skin is put on a common skin, the "Thrill of the hunt" factor is gone? Cause, if you are, I don't agree. If someone still wanted to experience the thrill of hunting a rare, they still can. But if they have really bad luck, have a life and don't have the time, or just plainly hate having to spend hours on end sitting in one spot camping a pet, they can still get the skin they love on a common mob.
Camping to tame a "rare" that is available at the same time as a common skin is silly. Why can't some pets require some work to tame? Again, equate it to raid gear, that you have to work, for, or do you want it for free at the vendor?
Raid gear is not comparable to a unique rare beast game mechanic wise. Raid gear makes your character more powerful as well as giving it a different look. Rare pets only look different but their game mechanics are exactly the same as a common pet making it a visual effect. (Spirit beasts being debatable as they are all rare.)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Me? I vary in my opinion on rares and uniqueness as there is many variables. Lets see pros and cons.

Unique rare
Pros:
One of a kind creature that has a different appearence then others, so people usually know its it by name and they oooo and ahhhh and squee and v.-.-.v
You work hard to find this creature, the thrill of the hunt, the beautiful sounds of the scare-the-crap-out-of-you npcscanner
The beating heart as you try to recall where your tame beast is and your trap, only to realize your full with pets and so begins the larger heart beat cause he'll be hard to find again since you dont have the option of taming the skin on a common
The bond you created from all the heart ache of having no choice but to camp said pet for so long

Cons:
sitting, staring at the screen for all hours at ends/days/weeks/months
the competition who have this idea it may be better to kill it then to let anyone else have it
finding its corpse, brought to you by the people who think silver portrait = epic
you may not click with the skin but dont want to release it because of how difficult it was to find

Non unique rare
Pros:
You dont have to camp hardcore for the skin but you have the option to do so
You can tame a non rare to see if you like the skin in the first place then go out and tame the rare if you so choose so
You can switch out to a regular skin when at the area of the rare so people dont cry when npcscanner goes off but you still have your favourite skin out

cons:
For some can be less thrill of the hunt
For some it feels less epic when you do find it cause you just ran into the skin like 10 mins ago while running around in Mop and his relations tried to kill you (you will at this time missing flying until your lvl 90)
For some you miss the whole SQEEEEEE where did you get that it is so awesome and the whole joy and joyness of telling your story

Thought of some ideas

Can make the non unqiue rare a challenge tame so its more thrilling to hunters.
Can make the unique rare a slight variation of coloring instead of a whole new model, like instead of Sambas who is the only lion like that, you can make the white tiger a rare but have the grey variation as a common.
Can also add different highlights, like make brighter eyes, a glow etc on the same skin that a common has.
Also can make the timer not as hardcore as 12 hours and instead switch it between 2-6 hours, that way casuals have more of a chance to get the rare.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:As far as I can tell, this argument has been had about six times on this forum.
Can we let it drop? No new points ever come up, and it just gets the thread locked.
What I find actually quite comical is this "argument" has been happening since there have been unique rare spawns in the game. Echey & Humar are prime examples of this fight. But I digress. I requested this thread be locked as soon as it was shown to me that the Jadefang skin had already been located. So either that request wasn't seen STILL or it was ignored hence there being 2.5 pages of debating a timeless & never ending issue. When the next unique rare gets a common skin people will flame up and have the debate again. :lol:

For some the "thrill of the hunt" is more important then the animals itself and post tame sometimes this status symbol just sits in their stables and /or is released soon after. Skoll & Skarr both are VERY common on my server & I guarantee you if I go into any major city I'll probably see them. Does that make my Skoll any less important to me?? No. If he became a common skin would that make him less important? No. To each his own. Where I admittedly am a bit hypocritical on this is that with certain beasts, the fact they have another out there "ruins it" for me. Humar is prime example. I had him, loved him, but when I saw Pitch it ruined it for me. So I let him go and haven't tamed him since.

No this is never ending and yes it is to each his own. But that's what makes playing WoW and being a hunter unique & individualistic. Really what it boils down to in my eyes, and I've said it dozens of times before and now saying it again, if having a common skin "ruins" a beast for you were you really that attached & loved it in the first place???? I'm sorta thinking no.

Note: This IS NOT directed at ANY forum member specifically. :D

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Slickrock

Sasrei wrote:Me? I vary in my opinion on rares and uniqueness as there is many variables. Lets see pros and cons.

Unique rare
Pros:
One of a kind creature that has a different appearence then others, so people usually know its it by name and they oooo and ahhhh and squee and v.-.-.v
You work hard to find this creature, the thrill of the hunt, the beautiful sounds of the scare-the-crap-out-of-you npcscanner
The beating heart as you try to recall where your tame beast is and your trap, only to realize your full with pets and so begins the larger heart beat cause he'll be hard to find again since you dont have the option of taming the skin on a common
The bond you created from all the heart ache of having no choice but to camp said pet for so long

Cons:
sitting, staring at the screen for all hours at ends/days/weeks/months
the competition who have this idea it may be better to kill it then to let anyone else have it
finding its corpse, brought to you by the people who think silver portrait = epic
you may not click with the skin but dont want to release it because of how difficult it was to find

Non unique rare
Pros:
You dont have to camp hardcore for the skin but you have the option to do so
You can tame a non rare to see if you like the skin in the first place then go out and tame the rare if you so choose so
You can switch out to a regular skin when at the area of the rare so people dont cry when npcscanner goes off but you still have your favourite skin out

cons:
For some can be less thrill of the hunt
For some it feels less epic when you do find it cause you just ran into the skin like 10 mins ago while running around in Mop and his relations tried to kill you (you will at this time missing flying until your lvl 90)
For some you miss the whole SQEEEEEE where did you get that it is so awesome and the whole joy and joyness of telling your story

Thought of some ideas

Can make the non unqiue rare a challenge tame so its more thrilling to hunters.
Can make the unique rare a slight variation of coloring instead of a whole new model, like instead of Sambas who is the only lion like that, you can make the white tiger a rare but have the grey variation as a common.
Can also add different highlights, like make brighter eyes, a glow etc on the same skin that a common has.
Also can make the timer not as hardcore as 12 hours and instead switch it between 2-6 hours, that way casuals have more of a chance to get the rare.
I like some of those ideas, and I think they would go a ways towards possibly reducing the number of rares. But I think there do always need to be some.

Playing off your idea...

Have 3 models of a pet.. one common (easy tame), one rare (looks a bit different), rare challenge mode tame (even more special look). Yeah, I know it will never happen, but...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If I'm supposed to be able to see locking requests I don't know where to find them. But likely only "Moderator" sees them, sorry.

Since this is your thread and you requested it, I'll lock it now.

And you are right, this issue has been debated countless times, with nothing new coming up. If you have an axe to grind about anything Blizzard does, then have your say, sure, but then learn to either accept that you've said your bit or take it to the official Blizzard forums. Repeatedly opening the same debate here isn't increasing anyone's enjoyment or adding anything of value. This goes for any issue.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

Wain is only responsible for keeping expansion information neat and presentable. Moderation still falls to the Moderator account. Unfortunately we had some difficulty accessing the forum in the past 24 hours but that seems to be resolved now.