Status of all basilisks on the beta

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Status of all basilisks on the beta

Unread post by Slickrock »

so much purple... errcck..

(red outlands one for me..)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

If someone on the PTR (not Beta) could do a dwarf a favor: check out the rare basilisk in Blasted Lands. See if he uis still the same color, and see if he still hisses when clicked. My inventory ended up with two identical basilisks, and neither one hisses when clicked. I'm hoping it's a bug, and not a model change

EDIT: I finally found my rare basilisk... and it's as I'm afraid. He's been re-skinned. Re-skinned, and he no longer hisses when clicked. :( His skin is now the SkinBurgandyOrange with Blue Crest (I *think*).

Bring back my hissing basilisk! That's why I fell in love with him! *sobs*
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yes, Greystone Basilisks in Azshara are now black with jade crests. Which is more like "grey stone" than their previous colour ;) They also hiss on click. It's like they took not only Deatheye's skin but also his voice (but not his NPC id as they still have their old one).

Deatheye, as Kurasu mentioned, is now BurgundyOrange with blue crest. Until this change, the only basilisks with that skin were the Hyjal ones that phase out later in the quest chain.

Redstone Basilisks remain red, but are now a mix of blue and jade crests instead of just blue.

Stone Maw Basilisks in NST are now tameable! (very tropical green with orange crest... good jungle troll pet)

Cold Eye Basilisks (Cape ST) remain blue but now have a mix of both blue and jade crests.

Ironjaw Behemoths (cave in Cape ST) are now blue with orange crests. Blue and orange is quite striking.

Ironjaw Basilisks (cave in Cape ST) are now blue with a mix of jade and orange crests. I think the orange crest on this one was a mistake because I gave Noah the wrong name. :oops:

Scale Belly (same cave in Cape ST) is now blue with purple crest (to replace the Deadly Crystalgazers which had the already controlled error)

Jadespine Basilisks (green with jade crest) are now tameable.

Deadly Crystalgazers in Deepholm (that give the already controlled message) are no longer flagged as tameable.

Hellgazer (Tanaris) is now yellow with the purple crest (beasts in CoST bad this last build but are now blue).

Servant of Antu'sul, Zul'Farrak, which gives "already controlled" error now also flagged untameable. It's not a unique skin though.

Now the only missing colours are Purple with any crest but blue, and OrangePurple with the jade crest.

Wow. That's a lot of colours added. Thanks again to Noah for all this :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

And people complained about cats having too many colors... ;)

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In the latest build there are a few colour swaps (main list is updated now):

- Deatheye (Blasted Lands) is now BurgundyOrange with the purple crest. He stands out WAY more from his pack now! Sul'lithuz Sandcrawlers in ZF, which did have that skin, now have Deatheye's previous skin of BurgundyOrange with blue crest. So it's a direct swap.
- Crystalspine Basilisks (Northern ST) now use BurgundyOrange with jade crest and also OrangePurple with jade crest. Previously (beta only) they were all black with blue crests and looked very monotonous in that particular environment. They look very interesting now
- Chomper (Gnomeregan) is now Black with orange crest. Quite striking for him. Sul'lithuz Broodlings get the skin Chomper did have (OrangePurple with blue crest)
- Ambereye Basilisks (non-instanced Maraudon) are now red with orange crest, which actually gives them orange/amber eyes and means their name makes sense (Ambereye Reavers in the same locale haven't changed, but they already had orange eyes). It also means Chomper's unique with the black skin/orange crest.
- Ironeye in 1000 Needles is now black with blue crest, and is unique with that appearance. It gives him silvery eyes, which fits his name a bit better than his previous skin which had orange eyes.

And with that, the only three colours that aren't in the game are just the Purple skin with jade, orange or purple crests. Given that the new rare is Purple (with blue crest), I guess these could stand to wait a bit longer before entering the game anyway. :)

Thanks again to Noah for all these!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

....well played. Now my favorite skin is rare. :lol: Which is actually somewhat fitting, since I think it's gorgeous. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

This is probably answered somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it. Are they Outland green ones tameable yet? I know there was a time they were not. After slaughtering them by the thousands (I was hired to collect eyes for rep for some one :lol:) I've gotten somehow attached. Its a gorgeous skin, really.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yup! The green Outland ones should be tameable now. :) (well, in Beta, hee). The Outland models really have lovely colours, they're all so vivid.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Vephriel wrote:Yup! The green Outland ones should be tameable now. :) (well, in Beta, hee). The Outland models really have lovely colours, they're all so vivid.
! I may have to change from the outland red. :D
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ironjaw Basilisks are now just blue with jade crest, making the behemoths unique once again (orange crest).

And with that, I don't expect much more in the way of changes to basilisks. Out of the zillion and one combos, only three are unavailable, perhaps because they all have the same base skin as the new rare. This is all Noah's work and it's truly amazing.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

They need to give that guy a gold medal in patience!
ImageImage
Dremar
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Dremar »

I found (or rather, re-found) the elusive Snapjaw Basilisk: they're randomly summoned as part of the Desolace quest Early Adoption. They're yellow with a blue crest but are untameable.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_082212_074225.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082212_074225.jpg (265.21 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
Last edited by Dremar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dremar wrote:I found (or rather, re-found) the elusive Snapjaw Basilisk: they're randomly summoned as part of the quest Early Adoption. They're yellow with a blue crest but are untameable.
Oh, awesome work! Thank you :)