Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

Unread post by Ana »

whee thanks for all the answers :D

and thanks for the screenies!! only thought they came in black and red. Thanks alot for those screenies :D

Now only the heirloom questions remains still :P

but thanks alot doom :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

If there isn't one yet, there should be a filter to show all BoA items, regardless of intended class. There are also rumours of heirlooms having a separate interface where they would be shown and available for taking on whole battle.net account, regardless of server, once purchased.
Sandpanther
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Sandpanther »

has a hi rez battle cat fluffy tiger popped up on beta yet?saw pics of it from an earlier thread that wain posted. or is it sitting in untameable, not yet placed in game hell with the other fancy skinned pets?
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Sandpanther wrote:has a hi rez battle cat fluffy tiger popped up on beta yet?saw pics of it from an earlier thread that wain posted. or is it sitting in untameable, not yet placed in game hell with the other fancy skinned pets?
If you mean the new tiger model ("siberian tiger"), then yes, most of them should be tameable by now. On the hunter I created on Lost Isles beta server just to have some contact to Petopians there I even got that one (because I was just assembling a random team of five from whatever I found on the road).
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Does there exsist a glyph or anything else which can make prowl go non invis?

I know i maybe am one of a kind but i dont like my pretty pets to be transparent :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Tårnfalk wrote:Does there exsist a glyph or anything else which can make prowl go non invis?

I know i maybe am one of a kind but i dont like my pretty pets to be transparent :P
Kind of funny to hear that from an ex-ghost saber hunter! :lol:

No, there isn't. But you can right click the prowl icon on your pet's bar to prevent it from toggling on automatically. I do that with my cats, always. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kalliope wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Does there exsist a glyph or anything else which can make prowl go non invis?

No, there isn't. But you can right click the prowl icon on your pet's bar to prevent it from toggling on automatically. I do that with my cats, always. :)

hehe i do that now :P

And ex.ghost saber? i never had a ghost saber..as i can recall Müsli always been a solid snowleopard :P

Kalliope

Tårnfalk wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

hehe i do that now :P

And ex.ghost saber? i never had a ghost saber..as i can recall Müsli always been a solid snowleopard :P
Oh really? Hrm, whose ghost saber am I thinking of then? T_T My apologies!

YouTube Edition

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kalliope wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:T_T My apologies!
DARN RIGTH:: ABOUT TIME TOO !!!

(JK :P :lol: )

Just kinda wish they made a non invis prowl glyph. its silly to have an ability i never use and it DO add to damage :)

Question:

How many new dungeons will there be (none raid dungeons : ))

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I do have to say, I hate prowl myself xD I mean, don't get me wrong, it's great to have and I'm glad I do, but I hate how it does add a small amount of damage. Not enough to really make a difference, really, but I feel like it tries to bribe me to use it sometimes. XD

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe its not the damage burst which bugs me.. its the opaqueness of my beloved pets :P

anothe question

are JP/Valor being reset when MoP releases or can i grind some to purchase the new gear?

Kalliope

I stopped using prowl after I accidentally pulled a pack in Kara with Eyes of the Beast, thinking that Atalanta would be able to stealth next to the feral druid doing the exact same thing. I will never forget seeing all four of those mobs turning on her....and boom, half the raid died. T_T

I was new to the game at the time, okay? :lol:

Actually, that's not true; I did the prowl+shadowmeld thing in bgs for a while too.

I dunno, removing the speed penalty from prowl helped some, but it's still not terribly appealing. Then again, it's been considered a bonus ability for cats since day 1; they've always had a main ability to lean on instead. I'm not going to complain that cats (and spirit beasts) get a bonus fun ability, but with camo existing now, they don't really need it anymore. Time to beg for play instead! :D

Oh god, that would be a nightmare for the spirit beasts, wouldn't it....actually, no; SBs thus far are all from existing families that have would have a play/trick ability... Still, I wouldn't want it if it meant we couldn't have SB "sub-families" from outside those limitations...

YouTube Edition

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, prowl's one of those abilities I never have turned on when I tame a cat/Spirit Beast. I just don't find the initial damage bonus makes much of a difference, especially since during a boss fight it's only for the very first attack and they're out of prowl the rest of the fight.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

New question

Are rogues /blacksmith keys/engineering bombs still the only things which can open lockboxes?

I always thougth that lockpicking should be a skill for everyone :)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I have a question as well!

Archaeology. Does it still level the way it used to? I.E. do grey crafts from other areas still give the +5? I'm thinking of going for server first on this. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Kurasu wrote:I have a question as well!

Archaeology. Does it still level the way it used to? I.E. do grey crafts from other areas still give the +5? I'm thinking of going for server first on this. :)
Archeology is still as rubbish and grindy as it was. You'll complete artifacts faster (more fragments per find, more finds per digsite), but overall you're not getting your Aquamarine Battletank much faster than before.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Andine wrote:
Kurasu wrote:I have a question as well!

Archeology is still as rubbish and grindy as it was. You'll complete artifacts faster (more fragments per find, more finds per digsite), but overall you're not getting your Aquamarine Battletank much faster than before.
No no. That's not what I was asking. In MoP, if you craft an Elf 'grey' artifact, do you gain the same 5 skill points toward your archaeology? I'm maxed on Kura, and if this is still working, would like to shoot for 'Server First 600' in Archaeology. Could I get a head start on this, thus, by stockpiling shards for everyone, crafting my things one after the other quickly, and getting points for each one?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think archaeology in beta is still very much a work-in-progress. If I had to guess how things will end up, I would say that non-Pandaria solves will stop giving skill-ups once we are at 525.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Kurasu wrote:No no. That's not what I was asking. In MoP, if you craft an Elf 'grey' artifact, do you gain the same 5 skill points toward your archaeology? I'm maxed on Kura, and if this is still working, would like to shoot for 'Server First 600' in Archaeology. Could I get a head start on this, thus, by stockpiling shards for everyone, crafting my things one after the other quickly, and getting points for each one?
My bottom line was nothing much changed. So it's same as on live in that regard.
Kalliope

On the plus side, the arch areas in the Jade Forest seemed pretty accessible to me. All of the nodes will be for Pandaren fragments, with a chance of getting a Mogu spawn at each. Combine that with the inflated numbers (6-9 rather than what Cata shipped with, ugh) and it shouldn't take you long at all. :) Whether you'll have competition is another story....

YouTube Edition