Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Re: Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Ok, my question.

For some reason I can duel spec my hunter, when I switch to my second spec it istantly goes to BM. My munk can duel spec (I did a dps and a heals just to see how it is) is this a know glitch?...or just me? : /
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

lilaughingwolf wrote:Ok, my question.

For some reason I can duel spec my hunter, when I switch to my second spec it istantly goes to BM. My munk can duel spec (I did a dps and a heals just to see how it is) is this a know glitch?...or just me? : /
My real hunter's (the one copied from live) first spec is BM, and I never switched during the beta, and the other one (levelled from one there) has BM as a secondary, so I'd never know, but last time I was speccing that other guy, he didn't immediately go into BM.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I am able to make level 393 greens on my LW, equipable at 85.
Random drops from mobs are level 377 greens wearable at 84 and level 390 greens wearable at 85.
Vendor in Dawn's Blossom sells level 372 greens wearable at 85.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Andine wrote:
lilaughingwolf wrote:Ok, my question.

My real hunter's (the one copied from live) first spec is BM, and I never switched during the beta, and the other one (levelled from one there) has BM as a secondary, so I'd never know, but last time I was speccing that other guy, he didn't immediately go into BM.
My premade (wanted to have a panda) seems to be the one having the problem. I havnt logged onto my transfr' because of the 5 missing pets (was very upseting for me due to them being some of my fav) so waiting for them to fix that.

Also noticed the barber shop does not work for the pandas....any of mine that is...but my transfrs' it works fine...lol.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kalliope wrote:
Kurasu wrote:
Royi wrote:Question:

has anyone found any rare tameable mobs yet? All I've heard of is the massive boss rares so far.

thx
Not yet!

Trust me: when the rare tameables appear, the explosion will be *massive*. You won't miss it! Just watch for the Wain posts. ;) ... I'd say the 'Wain or Kurasu' posts, but I don't do beta. I like surprises too much. I only troll PTR.
But...turtles! *tempt tempt*
Aaahhh, tuuuuurtles! ;.; .... so tempted. But... but... SURPRISES!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

*dangles the turtles in front of Kurasu* Doooooo ittttt...especially since I can't. :c Dratted DSL!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kurasu wrote:Aaahhh, tuuuuurtles! ;.; .... so tempted. But... but... SURPRISES!
SURPRISE TURTLES! :mrgreen:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

spirithunter
Realm: Dunemaul

Unread post by spirithunter »

I have a good question!

A new tameable pet in Pandaria is called a Quilen....

So what does the word "quilen" come from?

I tried to google it and nothing came up. I assumed that it was a name for these things in Chinese mythology...maybe not?

Enlighten me if you can :D
Mogge - Female Dwarf - Darkspear
Rabidshot - Male Blood Elf - Dunemaul
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Quilen is a place in france I found XD

Allso found out theres no such thing as a Foo Dog in Chinese myth. Its another example of white people giving Chinese things wrong names :lol: Guardian lions is what they are and what Quilen are based off. 9least in the look department)

Edit: Allso Fortune cookies are an American thing O.o
Last edited by cowmuflage on Fri May 18, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, the odd thing about the word is that traditionally a qilin is more of a hoofed draconic creature. (sometimes called the Chinese Unicorn, though the only real resemblance they have is hooves and sometimes a horn).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

The animal makes sense in this expansion, but I am baffled at why they chose to use the name Quilen when they're more like foo dogs or shishi.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_guardian_lions
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Vephriel wrote:Well, the odd thing about the word is that traditionally a qilin is more of a hoofed draconic creature. (sometimes called the Chinese Unicorn, though the only real resemblance they have is hooves and sometimes a horn).

The animal makes sense in this expansion, but I am baffled at why they chose to use the name Quilen when they're more like foo dogs or shishi.
Eh, to me it's the same as the Wyverns... They resemble 2 legged armless dragons like my hand resembles an egg, not at all. They are much closer to a Manticore's common description, but regardless, get called wyverns

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:
It would be better if they where called shishi and not foo dogs. As thats their chinese name. :S
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

cowmuflage wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
It would be better if they where called shishi and not foo dogs. As thats their chinese name. :S
I know, just putting both terms out there as most people have heard the term foo dog.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Indeedy. Well they would make good names for "breeds" of mob. If you get ma drift! and I'm sure you do.

Edit: if you don't get my drift I mean names for mobs in differnt zone. Like Dreadsabers etc. >.<
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Gimlion wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Well, the odd thing about the word is that traditionally a qilin is more of a hoofed draconic creature. (sometimes called the Chinese Unicorn, though the only real resemblance they have is hooves and sometimes a horn).
Eh, to me it's the same as the Wyverns... They resemble 2 legged armless dragons like my hand resembles an egg, not at all. They are much closer to a Manticore's common description, but regardless, get called wyverns
Yeah, I guess they just wanted a Chinese myth-inspired name and then modified it a bit more so it wasn't identical (unlike the wyvern!). Or they started out trying to design a qilin and ended up going in an entirely different direction, but the model name stuck. Like the model name for the hawkstrider is "cockatrice".

We can always hope they do add a real qilin at some stage, though I guess that becomes decreasingly likely. If they ripped the wings off a hippogryph and gave it a lion's face (and tail) they wouldn't be too far off.
Last edited by Wain on Fri May 18, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It's a nice model. :3 While I can't tame one I'll hope for the day a mount of it comes out <3
Kalliope

For what it's worth, Quilen are actually listed as Quilin in WMV. :D

YouTube Edition

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

QUestion:

IF i dualspec bm/bm can you have the same pet with me but with different spec for the second one. lets say a wolf who is tenacity on the one bm but ferocity on the other one?

Just curious caus when u are soloing ur pet could in one spec all be tenacity and in another spec all be ferocity... a fun idea i´ve played with in my head :D

also if the grp suddenly needed a tank.. just respec and your wolf is now a tank :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kalliope

Yep! Ever since talent trees were introduced, you've been able to have a different pet spec for each of your own specs, and this is still true in MoP.

YouTube Edition

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wheee another reason to go BM/BM :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig