Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

nanabear55
Realm: dalaran

Re: Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

Unread post by nanabear55 »

Do you think blizz will ever give us Hydra's? and Does anyone know if they are gonna change the quilen back to the original animation but keep the colors?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Re: hydras, I'd say eventually, but that's pure speculation. :)

The quilen skins are set, but as noted in another thread and on the official forums, they will be getting a unique skeleton.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Maybe it´s because i ask to many questions :P went back to see and still have a few unanswerd onces :D
Tårnfalk wrote:

are JP/Valor being reset when MoP releases or can i grind some to purchase the new gear?

How many new dungeons will there be (none raid dungeons : ))

Are rogues /blacksmith keys/engineering bombs still the only things which can open lockboxes?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Tårnfalk wrote:Maybe it´s because i ask to many questions :P went back to see and still have a few unanswerd onces :D
Tårnfalk wrote:

are JP/Valor being reset when MoP releases or can i grind some to purchase the new gear?

How many new dungeons will there be (none raid dungeons : ))

Are rogues /blacksmith keys/engineering bombs still the only things which can open lockboxes?
1. I think it's fair to assume the JP/VP will be reset, as that was always the case during expansions and patches. No official confirmation though.

2. Right now there's four normal dungeons (yes, only four) plus five heroic only (bringing it to nine for heroics). I don't know if it's going to stay that way, but it does feel pretty weird to have more heroic-only dungeons than normal ones. I'd expect the two Pandaria heroics become available on normal at 89, leaving only the revamps as heroic-only.

3. AFAIK, yes.
Kalliope

As a side note, due to certain instances like ZG and ZA being heroic only, we already have more heroics than normals....but you're right; that's a far bigger gap.

YouTube Edition

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Kalliope wrote:As a side note, due to certain instances like ZG and ZA being heroic only, we already have more heroics than normals....but you're right; that's a far bigger gap.
They were a patch addition, and all five patch-added heroics would be really hard to fit into the game as non-heroics. Do you make ZG a 35+ dungeon because of its location and storyline? Should ZA be tuned to 20s as a normal, because it's in Ghostlands? Where do HoT heroics fit? They just went the easy way there and made them heroic only. It's much easier with Siege of Niuzao Temple and Gate of Setting Sun - they fit perfectly as 89-90 normals.
Kalliope

Andine wrote:
Kalliope wrote:As a side note, due to certain instances like ZG and ZA being heroic only, we already have more heroics than normals....but you're right; that's a far bigger gap.
They were a patch addition, and all five patch-added heroics would be really hard to fit into the game as non-heroics. Do you make ZG a 35+ dungeon because of its location and storyline? Should ZA be tuned to 20s as a normal, because it's in Ghostlands? Where do HoT heroics fit? They just went the easy way there and made them heroic only. It's much easier with Siege of Niuzao Temple and Gate of Setting Sun - they fit perfectly as 89-90 normals.
*nod* That's part of it! But also, Cata showed the shift toward players grinding heroics, not normals. Normal dungeons don't get seen as much after the initial rush, not once craftable gear helps bypass the normals entirely. It's a demand for more content of a certain level, basically. :)

YouTube Edition

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Andine wrote: They were a patch addition, and all five patch-added heroics would be really hard to fit into the game as non-heroics. Do you make ZG a 35+ dungeon because of its location and storyline? Should ZA be tuned to 20s as a normal, because it's in Ghostlands? Where do HoT heroics fit? They just went the easy way there and made them heroic only. It's much easier with Siege of Niuzao Temple and Gate of Setting Sun - they fit perfectly as 89-90 normals.
I have to argue this explanation for location. I mean, after all, look at the level of Scarlet Monastery. And Gnomeregon. Both of which are in beginning-level zones.

Not that I'm complaining about thme being heroic-only, but their level is hardly limited by their location! :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Kurasu wrote:
Andine wrote: They were a patch addition, and all five patch-added heroics would be really hard to fit into the game as non-heroics. Do you make ZG a 35+ dungeon because of its location and storyline? Should ZA be tuned to 20s as a normal, because it's in Ghostlands? Where do HoT heroics fit? They just went the easy way there and made them heroic only. It's much easier with Siege of Niuzao Temple and Gate of Setting Sun - they fit perfectly as 89-90 normals.
I have to argue this explanation for location. I mean, after all, look at the level of Scarlet Monastery. And Gnomeregon. Both of which are in beginning-level zones.

Not that I'm complaining about thme being heroic-only, but their level is hardly limited by their location! :)
All I'm saying is it raises the question of where they're supposed to be in the levelling content, and it's easier to not touch that part at all.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Random question, what skeleton will goats be using? And on that note, would it be possible to get a .gif of the running animation?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The goats are on the same skeleton that talbuks/horses/stags are on. They have all the same animations.
Snike
Realm: Dreanor

Unread post by Snike »

In the achievments are the raid mounts from like ulduar(proto drakes) or icc(frostbrood vanquishers) gone? i heard from my server that they will be removed in mop.(i hope its not true) also has anyone seen the world bosses from outlands like doomwalker or lord kazzak? would love to still farm them for gold and transmog gear
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Snike wrote:In the achievments are the raid mounts from like ulduar(proto drakes) or icc(frostbrood vanquishers) gone? i heard from my server that they will be removed in mop.(i hope its not true) also has anyone seen the world bosses from outlands like doomwalker or lord kazzak? would love to still farm them for gold and transmog gear
Haven't seen any change with respect to the old raid mounts, and I don't think the Ulduar proto-drakes that weren't removed yet will be now. Because why now?
Haven't seen any worldbosses other than Galleon and Sha of Anger, but that may be due to my limited time in Outland.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I noticed the pictures of Mantid Tanks and their strange 'squid flying' animation. It makes me think of a swim animation. Which brings me to wondering: do Silithid Tank models now have a swim animation? Since they're based off the same skeleton...
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:I noticed the pictures of Mantid Tanks and their strange 'squid flying' animation. It makes me think of a swim animation. Which brings me to wondering: do Silithid Tank models now have a swim animation? Since they're based off the same skeleton...
No, neither model seems to have a swim animation yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Amani War Bear, Skeletal Wind Serpent, How are they doing?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:Amani War Bear, Skeletal Wind Serpent, How are they doing?
Both not tameable. If by skeletal wind serpents you mean the "Unearthed Fossil" ones in Tanaris, that is (as expected, still undead).

Hyldsmeet bears still untameable too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Question:

Has anyone had a chance to play with Glyph of Tame Beast by chance?

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=42912/glyph-of-tame-beast

I'm curious to hear about the difference it'll make when going for a fancy tame :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I've been using it, but without addons enabled I can't really see what it cuts my tame time down to. It does look faster though!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Okay, I am thoroughly stumped and frustrated.

I just went out and tamed a bunch of Cunning pets on the beta with the intention of turning them all, well. NOT cunning (since that's like the worst spec in the history of ever).

Unfortunately the pet trainers in Org and TB (my panda is horde) tell me that I'm free to do it at any time, yet refuse to allow me to do so by any means I can determine. Is there some magical thingy I have to do first?

How do I respec my pets?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket