The new what 3 pets would you like to see most thread...

pick your top three

hydras
25%
stags
11%
sand reavers
4%
rams/yaks
7%
talbuk
13%
armadillos
3%
dimetredons
7%
pterodactyls
10%
mushan-clefthoof
13%
gyreworms
8%

Total votes: 213

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: The new what 3 pets would you like to see most thread...

Unread post by Ana »

stags/talbuks
Mushhans
Hydra

though choise though cause i would really love for them all to be tameable

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Hydras and Gyreworms for me. *fingers crossed*
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Kayb wrote:This list needs Shoveltusks!
I think we need to squint and accept some of the above categories as slightly broader than they would appear. So mushans lumped together with other thunderlizards (proper TLs, stegodons and kodos), shoveltusks as stags, etc.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Well since last time I got my Quilen, I'll vote for....

Can I just select Hydra three times? Please? No really they have a family and everything and *cough*IreallywannagotameChimaeron*cough* I think they'd be a great family! :D

No? Ok fine.

Hydra, Stags, Talbuk

Especially Hydra and Talbuk. Ever since Nagrand I've wanted one of those guys.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I picked diemetradons, pterrordaxes and mushan/clefthooves. The latter aren't much alike and I don't think they belong together, but I'd like to see both.

My picks were based on what I thought would make good, solid pets. I would dearly love to see gyreworms, sand reavers and hydras tameable, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I hate being the greedy guy, but I never quite understood why the majority of beast families aren't tameable. Sure I know there would be some dev time in creating individual families (although combining some families wouldn't hurt my feelings), and coming up with abilities... and I am sure revisiting all old mobs of those families to tag as tameable would take time.

By and large, it would be cosmetic. Unless they just gave one a completely OP exotic ability or something, I don't understand the downside outside of dev time/resources.
Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

There are some things i'd like to see from what we have now:

-Stags/Talbuks/Shoveltusks as a new family or creating a new bigger one with Rams/Goats.
-Cleefhooves/Kodos as Rhinos because that family really need more models.
-Grubs/Larvae joining Worms so silkworms don't look that much out of place.
-Armadillos as their own family, they aren't that different from a porcupine pet wise.
-Diemetradons/Mushan as a new family
-Thunderlizards as a family or their own (or possibly merged with Stegodons) with a signature Lightning ability.
-Hydras even though i really see them as exotic pets.
-Sandreavers joining Silithids.

As for pets that don't exist in Azeroth at the moment:

- Rats, Giant.Rats. Every fantasy world needs giant rats (maybe add beavers here?Something like giants nasty rodents).
- Badgers, Azeroth needs badgers! They are quite fierce and vicious, you may want to mess with a fox or even a wolf but *don't.ever.mess.* with a badger, they can be scary.

...and this may not be very important but i'd really love to be able to tame a Gilnean Raven and a better modeled bat/owl.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wain wrote:I picked diemetradons, pterrordaxes and mushan/clefthooves. The latter aren't much alike and I don't think they belong together, but I'd like to see both.

My picks were based on what I thought would make good, solid pets. I would dearly love to see gyreworms, sand reavers and hydras tameable, though.
Eh, I grouped them mainly because of the way they behave. Large lumbering herbivores. (I do wonder what the mushan eat, given that their mouths look more like water-feeding herbivores, like a hippo or something, and no direct plains-grass feeders, which is where they are located. Perhaps they raid the farms)

Sand reavers... what would be wrong with them?... they should fit nicely with the rest of the Silithids.

Gyreworms... they would probably need that crystal AOE attack, which might be a problem. But would be nice to have them.

Hydras... I'll assume that it's due to model and animation issues (issues that are conveniently masked on the ghost hydra. But whatever it is, I don't think we are getting them. (Personally, I don't see the appeal at all, but envisioning one I get the same feel I do about chimera, large beasts that get in the way..)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

The more I think about this the more I really think Yaks and Mushan should be tameable. They just scream "Pandaria" to me. Even more so than cranes and porcupines. I really hope Blizz isn't done giving us new tameable families.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Hydras, pterrordax, and mushan. Gotta have the hydras!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Gyreworms, mantid tanks, and sand reavers... that's what I want. Forgot to add the mantid tanks.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:
Wain wrote:I picked diemetradons, pterrordaxes and mushan/clefthooves. The latter aren't much alike and I don't think they belong together, but I'd like to see both.

Sand reavers... what would be wrong with them?... they should fit nicely with the rest of the Silithids.
Nothing wrong with them. I said I'd love to see them :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

None of those really. But I've been praying for hippogryphs and gryphons for a very long time.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Bah, the poll doesn't have the top 3 I'd like to tame....

Druids
Worgen
Tauren

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

While hydras and gyreworms are definitely on the top of my list also, I still went for stags, rams/yaks and talbuks. I guess I just really like horns. :)
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Celi wrote:None of those really. But I've been praying for hippogryphs and gryphons for a very long time.
Pasting in my post from the other thread:
I have loved Windriders since I started playing WoW; I remember passing wild ones and wanting to tame one- only to be let down. When I hit Outland and was able to train flying, I was beside myself with happiness at the ability to have one as a mount. Having since switched to Alliance, it pains me that I can't have one as a mount any longer, and was disappointed when the spectral version was faction specific, being attached to the scroll. I adore my Windrider cub companion pet, and would love to be able to tame one- Sorrow Wing was the one I wanted to have by my side. Some hate the model, but it remains one of my favorites in the game. Some argue it is a sentient creature, but as it is Blizzard's own version of the beast, and doesn't have an actual human face as Manticore of lore, it could be argued it is a lesser version, and thus tameable. I do hope that at least at some point in time I might be able to ride again on one of these amazing creatures as Alliance, be it a rarespawn, store mount, trading card mount, etc- or be able to explore Azeroth and beyond with one by my side :) .

I would pick those two (Hippogryphs and Gryphons) and windriders, tbh. Some of those listed on the poll would be fine, but for me, I would like these guys. They could have their own family, or be lumped with chimaeras (changing the family name so it makes more sense). They could hover much like chimaeras, and have the special attack be something like claw flurry or some kind of screech. I would be fine with them being exotic, if that is what they had to be. There is a lot of potential awesomeness that can be worked into these guys.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I can only think of one, and that's them dinosaur like creatures in Valley of Four Winds. It even comes out as an pet when you use dire pet.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Celi wrote:None of those really.
You call yourself a hunter?! I don't see why anyone wouldn't want more options, to be honest. I can understand personal choice, but there's still options for everyone else, or if you decide to change your mind. But I agree, griffins/hippogryphs should be added to the list.
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

Equeon wrote:
Celi wrote:None of those really.
You call yourself a hunter?! I don't see why anyone wouldn't want more options, to be honest. I can understand personal choice, but there's still options for everyone else, or if you decide to change your mind. But I agree, griffins/hippogryphs should be added to the list.
None of those creatures strike my fancy but they strike the fancy of others. Everyone has different tastes. There are hunters out there that don't like cats or don't like X Y Z but other hunters who do. No doubt, at some stage, they could all become tameable. But that's up to Blizz. Sadly, I think my desired option is the least likely to become tameable.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Ceravan wrote:Bah, the poll doesn't have the top 3 I'd like to tame....

Druids
Worgen
Tauren
I tamed my very own Tauren quite a while ago! :lol: (its my bf's toon. hehe)