Unique/rare skins you want common in MoP

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unique/rare skins you want common in MoP

Unread post by Quiv »

I won't do a poll since it is limited to 10 options the list has, well, a lot more than 10 -_-

I am curious what unique/rare skins you want to become common mobs (and tameable) in MoP. If you don't like unique/rare mobs become common tameable, how would you like common but untameable?

In the beta, we have discovered common versions of red and blue madexx, as well as jadefang. A lot of beasts remain untameable in beta, so these aren't at the moment. I don't think it a stretch to consider they will be, but we don't know quite yet. But if they were...

Here are the two lists from Petopia of unique/rare pets. You can answer this as a few mobs you would like to become common but none other, or maybe list the few mobs you DONT want to be common and the rest you dont mind.

Unique Rare Pets

Pets with Unusual Looks
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Re: Unique/rare skins you want common in MoP

Unread post by Akyo »

None really. I like the hunt for the specials.
I do however want more recolors of them that could be commons. Like for example a skoll or loque in another color.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I'll throw my 2 cents in...

By and large I wouldn't care if a common variety of nearly all unique pets got put in as long as it is an expansion behind.

the only ones I don't want to become common are basically just the Spirit Beasts. and by common, I don't want 100 of a rare in a zone. Recolors would be welcome to I think.

Mobs that are a bit obnoxious to get (like Death Ravager, Ghost saber and Gezz) I think should definitely have another means of getting them, if not some new old world rare or something. I don't personally equate mindless easy grinding as "putting in effort" to "earn" Gezz or Ghost saber.

I wouldn't mind seeing the more notable rares (Sambas, Deth'tilac etc) as becoming new rares, or at least uncommon.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

None.

There are plenty of commons already. ;)

I have to say, this sounds like another round of the "I don't want to camp but I want all the pets because I hate camping" vs "I want to tame only unique rares" battle. And there's no winner in that debate.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

That isn't my intention, I assure you, though I gave my opinion on the grinding necessary for ghost saber and Gezz. I hope it doesn't spiral into that argument, but then again, everyone saying no to any rare/unique becoming more common isn't an interesting discussion either haha.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Akyo wrote:None really. I like the hunt for the specials.
I do however want more recolors of them that could be commons. Like for example a skoll or loque in another color.
This. I LOVE Skoll (as you might be able to tell from my signature) and as soon as I read Akyo's comment, I got a vision of both a turquoise and a purple Skoll. Haha!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

None of the spirit beasts, please and thank you. Most of the current ones are pretty simple to obtain--I keep running into Skoll and being unable to rehome him, thus being forced to leave rather than see someone swoop in and kill him. I run into Arcturis at random late hours pretty frequently, and my troll huntress wandered down to Molten Front one very, very early morning and every. single. rare. connected to Molten Front was up. She was able to cherry-pick Ban'thalos and Ankha, since she had the spiders she wanted already (and both Kirix and Skarr).

I like the rare aspect of spirit beasts. I also like having some unique skins to shoot for. Recolors of current skins...maybe. But as it is, I was severely irritated by blue Madexx skin becoming common--it's a slap in the face for how hard I worked for Samira, regardless of how much I love her.

TL;DR, maybe some of the others, but not if it's the only unique skin in the family (ala Jadefang, Krush).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Slickrock

Quivering wrote:That isn't my intention, I assure you, though I gave my opinion on the grinding necessary for ghost saber and Gezz. I hope it doesn't spiral into that argument, but then again, everyone saying no to any rare/unique becoming more common isn't an interesting discussion either haha.
Well, you are basically just taking things away from the rares, and saying anyone who disagrees isn't fun? One of those logical arguments where you make anyone who disagrees look bad.

Personally, I don't see how the ghost saber or Gezz really is that hard, especially at 85. Ghost Saber you are bound to get in 30 or so statues, at very most.
Slickrock

Akyo wrote:None really. I like the hunt for the specials.
This would be an interesting idea.

However... have we ever seen new skins added that weren't already buried in the database? Noah did great work for us in getting a lot of the unused skins into the game. But I don't know what's left.

I really think Noah should look at what Wain did with the skins on different families work.. There were some really interesting combinations there.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

No on the spirit beasts, please-part of what makes them special is they have their unique skins.

Though I would like a common spirit beast-a new skin perhaps but a creature that is not a rare or hard to find. It could be easily done I think, and would give a nice option to hunters instead of making them camp hours on in for a random respawn. Each of the other Exotics: Corehounds, Devilsaurs, Silthids, Chimeras, Rhinos, Worms, Shale Spiders, including the new upcoming exotics: Quilen, Water Striders (Hydras?)-all have common skin versions, for those BM hunters who don't care to camp hours on end for a rare spawn. And yeah-I've camped for days (months in the case of Loque) on my main-but on my alt hunters I'd prefer to have a common version so I don't have to waste my time if I want a SB on them. I think it is really silly that they are the only ones without a common version of themselves.

As to making more rare/unique skins common-no please. I'm still a bit ticked off at what they did to Jadefang, after all the work I put in to getting a that green version, I could have just waited and gone to Pandaria to tame him? Really makes me feel like I wasted my time.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Slickrock wrote:Well, you are basically just taking things away from the rares, and saying anyone who disagrees isn't fun? One of those logical arguments where you make anyone who disagrees look bad.

Personally, I don't see how the ghost saber or Gezz really is that hard, especially at 85. Ghost Saber you are bound to get in 30 or so statues, at very most.
No no no, I'm afraid I was unclear. What I meant was when everyone has the same opinion, that doesn't make for an interesting discussion. I like it when people have varying viewpoints, I just didn't want it to devolve into an argument. I want people to differ than my opinion. Those wanting none of the rare/unique to become common is absolutely cool, it'll just be a short discussion if everyone says that. It would be a short and equally uninteresting discussion if everyone agreed with me for that matter.

Gezz and ghost saber are indeed easy tames, nothing difficult. Just mindless (not that camping rares is exactly stimulating haha). Grinding texts or statues doesn't feel like earning it to me, feels like... busywork at my job :D
Slickrock

Shade wrote:No on the spirit beasts, please-part of what makes them special is they have their unique skins.

Though I would like a common spirit beast-a new skin perhaps but a creature that is not a rare or hard to find. It could be easily done I think, and would give a nice option to hunters instead of making them camp hours on in for a random respawn. Each of the other Exotics: Corehounds, Devilsaurs, Silthids, Chimeras, Rhinos, Worms, Shale Spiders, including the new upcoming exotics: Quilen, Water Striders (Hydras?)-all have common skin versions, for those BM hunters who don't care to camp hours on end for a rare spawn. And yeah-I've camped for days (months in the case of Loque) on my main-but on my alt hunters I'd prefer to have a common version so I don't have to waste my time if I want a SB on them. I think it is really silly that they are the only ones without a common version of themselves.

As to making more rare/unique skins common-no please. I'm still a bit ticked off at what they did to Jadefang, after all the work I put in to getting a that green version, I could have just waited and gone to Pandaria to tame him? Really makes me feel like I wasted my time.
This. A common Spirit Beast would be nice, but, most of the them can be fairly easily found now. I was bored last night and went out and found Loq and Aontona up at the same time, although I imagine it's still an issue on some realms.
Slickrock

Quivering wrote:No no no, I'm afraid I was unclear. What I meant was when everyone has the same opinion, that doesn't make for an interesting discussion. I like it when people have varying viewpoints, I just didn't want it to devolve into an argument. I want people to differ than my opinion. Those wanting none of the rare/unique to become common is absolutely cool, it'll just be a short discussion if everyone says that. It would be a short and equally uninteresting discussion if everyone agreed with me for that matter.
Well, the problem is you are just taking from one side... how about giving up some commons and making them rare?.. :ugeek:

As has already been mentioned, in Panda we are already loosing Jadefang, most of the rare parrots, and at least 2 of the Madexx colors. Isn't that enough?

Let's see, what commons would I like to have as rares?..

Image Image Image would be two I think would work well as unique rares.

As far as rares go, I would like to see some in Panda that have wider patrol patterns and more spawn points. One spawn point rares are annoying in that regard. I'd like to have rares that you just stumble across.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

The white devilsaur practically is a rare lol. It is never up when I want it, and have spent a good deal of time in Un'goro for it. But yeah, more rares wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I just empathize with the guy with rotten luck. I have enjoyed my Madexx but he tries for nearly a year and a half for his color and luck doesn't fall his way. I want him to enjoy it to, ya know?

Edit: Yes recolors! I love that idea to. I want a white/black Sambas, or an alt color Loque. A blue/white lava spider to haha.
Slickrock

Quivering wrote:The white devilsaur practically is a rare lol. It is never up when I want it, and have spent a good deal of time in Un'goro for it. But yeah, more rares wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I just empathize with the guy with rotten luck. I have enjoyed my Madexx but he tries for nearly a year and a half for his color and luck doesn't fall his way. I want him to enjoy it to, ya know?
I can see that, but, if you look at some of the other posts here, there's more that one person saying it's a "slap in the face" to devalue the effort they put in to find that pet. But most, if not all of the Madexxes are becoming common anyway.

Probably best for Blizz to decide that middle ground.
Slickrock

Quivering wrote:Edit: Yes recolors! I love that idea to. I want a white/black Sambas, or an alt color Loque. A blue/white lava spider to haha.
I think that's the best solution. Gets more options in the game.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Honestly, if the Spirit Beasts became a common skin or reskins, I don't think I would play BM ever again. I don't like the idea of the rarest pets in the game being thrown down into a pit a NPCs as a reskin. Blizzard's intention of Spirit Beasts was for them all to be rare, so Blizzard would be crudely criticized because of it. I don't have a particular preference but I would have to fight against Spirit Beast Commons (Both Reskins and Recycled Skins) sorry :/

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I will note, I wouldn't be nearly so fussy if I hadn't put in that time for my blue Madexx--that was a very long three weeks of hard camping and seeing nearly every single spawn during a two-week period.

...Okay, maybe that's not exactly true now that I think about it. If they made Loque or Skoll common in their current skin? There would be rage.

I feel I should mention both Suramar and Blackhand are original, fairly decently populated servers as far as I know. I don't know as much about Silvermoon.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I would love an easier-to-tame Drakeadon core hound skin. It could be a different color, to keep Chromaggus unique.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Hmmm Hmmmm, *totally ignoring all the other posts cause it looks to be mild argument*

I'd love to see some of the owl colors spread out more in the game, like, such as the orange one and the orange/purple one, and Hell-Hoots lavender. I'd also love to see more of Old Cliffjumper's model, the grey worg. I think its a very natural color that would work well in places that the more distinct colors such as white, or black worgs just dont work in. Same for Ironjaw's Grey/Orange model, that would be a gorgeous addition as perhaps a second quest-mob in a new zone. And it works when you think of it! Add in the grey worgs and have a grey/orange worg model for the Alpha(s)! There ya go, a zone with its very own wolf pack (in a similar way that its set up in Terrokkar where Ironjaw rules over all the greenish greyish white worgs.)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |