Arcanite ripper found on black market!

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Arcanite ripper found on black market!

Unread post by Fangz »

i decided to check the black market auction house and i found the arcanite ripper!
Attachments
arcanite ripper.png
arcanite ripper.png (437.19 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Arcanite ripper found on black market!

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh, how wonderful!

I always felt bad for people who didn't get the opportunity to get one.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool but unfortunately if the pricing is even a fraction of the one posted it'll still be effectively inaccessible for most players.

The creation of this AH has me concerned that anything currently out of game, whether deliberate or by accident, is now going to be viewed as something to be monetized. I wonder if we're going to see many old things added back in the future or if they'll all be put just out of reach on this money sink.

Or maybe I'm just in a very cynical mood today ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Ingame capitalism strikes!

You can see I'm envious because I am one of the players that belongs on the list of people that are worst at collecting gold ingame.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yep. It'll be the domain of parasites who buy up everything on the AH and then inflate it dramatically. Nice class of person to reward.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I just don't understand the pricing they are putting in there-are there players with that kind of gold to just throw about out there? I just spent a few weeks saving up for my second main to get the 4k flight. O_O

I find it really hard to imagine people having the kind of money the black market is demanding. I play a great deal-about 3 hours every day at least, and I cannot make that kind of money unless I do NOTHING but mine and herb all day. Bah.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

In a way though...I am glad these things are finding a way to be put back into the game.
ImageImage
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wain wrote:Yep. It'll be the domain of parasites who buy up everything on the AH and then inflate it dramatically. Nice class of person to reward.
OK, Incoming rant...

I am freeking SICK of everyone that can't make money in game regarding anyone who actually does, and spends the time to do so, as a parasite, pig, or any of the other things that I've been called. I have a bit over 1 Mil in game, I guess that makes me an evil bastard, doesn't it?

I'll tell you one thing. 99% of the time, it's not someone buying and reposting. It's someone who farmed stuff and crafted, or buys raw goods and crafts stuff.

Give me a freeking break. If it was real-life I would tell you to go get a job.

So every item in game should be posted for 50s because you can't or won't put in the effort to farm some gold? There are so many ways in game to make money, it's just silly, and yet I hear kids crying in trade that a 200G is capitalist oppression, while going out and mining for 10 min would pay for it, or a few dailies, or any other number of ways.

I have my own gripes about certain players in the AH, but those people are a SMALL percentage of the playerbase.

Really, Wain, are you throwing anyone with gold under the bus? If so, I'll just buy the damn bus.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Shade wrote:I find it really hard to imagine people having the kind of money the black market is demanding. I play a great deal-about 3 hours every day at least, and I cannot make that kind of money unless I do NOTHING but mine and herb all day. Bah.
OK, here's a pro tip. Since I will assume you have maxed mining and herbing (I surely hope so), go herbing. Herb prices, for certain ones, are fairly high now. Mining is a bit rough on most servers.

Also.. fishing. Last week, Lavascale catfish were selling for 600G/stack on my server on a Wednesday night, and even on the weekends they were 400Gish a stack. Go fishing.

With the the expansion coming, don't change any professions now. Wait for Panda, and farm like crazy the first 2 weeks. Ore and herbs will be going for crazy prices, especially with no flying. Farm and sell all those raw mats. Once prices die down, THEN drop one of your professions, and go either JC or Alch.
Slickrock

And... back to the AH. I've seen one rare-drop mount in the AH on one of the Euro servers sofar. Just misc stuff on the others when I looked.

What I really want to know is this stuff BOP once you buy it, or can you resell it? Depending on the server, there might be a market for that.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

No Slickrock, that's just extremely asinine. Most of us are fine with players that work for gold getting rewarded and being able to afford more. But many of us have been wanting stuff like Arcanite Ripper since forever.

Don't just say it's laziness. This is a game, it's not meant to be a forceful work out, and I want to remind you that things obtainable inside the game should be realistically obtainable for everyone. Not only auction house barons.

Jeez..

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Prices for mats will be pretty high for a few months -- they'll be insane for the first two weeks, but even for months people will still be leveling their crafting and making stuff to gear up (or sell). Skinning will probably go down in price first, it always does.

I think there's a difference between people complaining about 200G, or even 2k -- that's attainable fairly easily -- and complaining about things being put in for 200K. 200K is beyond most players' ability to obtain and still have fun playing.
Slickrock

Qraljar wrote:No Slickrock, that's just extremely asinine. Most of us are fine with players that work for gold getting rewarded and being able to afford more. But many of us have been wanting stuff like Arcanite Ripper since forever.

Don't just say it's laziness. This is a game, it's not meant to be a forceful work out, and I want to remind you that things obtainable inside the game should be realistically obtainable for everyone. Not only auction house barons.

Jeez..
Excuse me, but Wain is the one who referred to me as a parasite.

So the arcanite reaper should go for 50s? What about a rare mount drop? 2g? Let's just put everything on a vendor for 5g each. Gimme a break.

So you are Ok with players that make a lot of gold being rewarded more, but, you want everything accessible to everyone. Those two statements don't mesh.

Want to solve it? take professions and the AH out the game, and make everything BOP drops.
Slickrock

Morven wrote:Prices for mats will be pretty high for a few months -- they'll be insane for the first two weeks, but even for months people will still be leveling their crafting and making stuff to gear up (or sell). Skinning will probably go down in price first, it always does.

I think there's a difference between people complaining about 200G, or even 2k -- that's attainable fairly easily -- and complaining about things being put in for 200K. 200K is beyond most players' ability to obtain and still have fun playing.
Wain didn't make that distinction. He threw everyone who makes money in the AH under the bus.

Here's the interesting part... The Black Market AH may actually bring prices down. Right now TCG mounts go for 150k-900k. If these show up in the BMAH, I suspect that prices will come down on them. But a lot depends on the server.

That's also a big leap for 20k starting price for a Eeaper, and going up to the 200k that you suggest. No one ever pays that much for gear. I would say 75k or so tops for the Reaper.

One other thing... Blizz already set a base price with the Sandstone drake costing ~40k to make. Why isn't everyone yelling at Blizz for that?
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Slickrock wrote:
Qraljar wrote:No Slickrock, that's just extremely asinine. Most of us are fine with players that work for gold getting rewarded and being able to afford more. But many of us have been wanting stuff like Arcanite Ripper since forever.

Jeez..
Excuse me, but Wain is the one who referred to me as a parasite.

So the arcanite reaper should go for 50s? What about a rare mount drop? 2g? Let's just put everything on a vendor for 5g each. Gimme a break.

So you are Ok with players that make a lot of gold being rewarded more, but, you want everything accessible to everyone. Those two statements don't mesh.

Want to solve it? take professions and the AH out the game, and make everything BOP drops.

I don't fully agree with Wain as to how he calls people like that, but I do agree with his dismay altogether.

Fine, you may have the money, but the other 80% or more don't.

It's always been a rule of thumb for me that when you do such things like bring back old items, you let it be obtainable by doing things like the Darkmoon Faire or anything like that when many people can access it if they apply the effort.

200k per item? You can give me any ridiculous statement, but that's not nearly a realistic amount for anyone that casually gains his gold.

You're quite frankly being overly defensive and extremely ridiculous Slickrock.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

And I think we're all forgetting that the super-high prices will likely only last until a decent amount of gold has been sucked out of the pockets of 'the 1%.' Prices will still be high after that--it's the point of a gold sink. But incredibly astronomical prices can't last forever, not when the items up on BMAH are random, thus giving a chance for an item one of 'the 1%' simply cannot pass up.

I can understand his defensiveness...it can be difficult when you're one of the few in a public arena with a certain viewpoint.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I think it is pretty cool that they are adding items that are no longer obtainable back in the game. It does make for a goal to save up for, or wait until the prices go down when the novelty wears off some.

On a side note, the original intent for this thread has gotten pretty derailed. Calm down people :hug:

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Shade wrote:I find it really hard to imagine people having the kind of money the black market is demanding. I play a great deal-about 3 hours every day at least, and I cannot make that kind of money unless I do NOTHING but mine and herb all day. Bah.
This would be your problem. Gathering professions are only good while your lvl'ing and if you're starting fresh on a new server. The real money is made on the AH. I use JC, Inscription, Transmute Alchemy, and Enchanting to make the bulk of my gold. The professions (except Inscription, it can ususally stand on its own, esp early on in an Expansion) work in tandem via ore shuffling. Prospect, create green items, sell them or DE, cut profitable gems, sell the others as is, use the DE mats to make scrolls. Or you can just find what items sell for the highest profit, buy the mats, craft, earn. You can also buy low sell high on the AH but that is more difficult, it's more of a supplement to your gold making really.

Every profession, even Tailoring, can make a ton of gold in the early days of MoP. Hundreds of thousands of gold in the first week is not unrealistic at all.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I kinda read it as Wain calling the people who buy and repost the parasites and read Slick as saying they werent one of the people who does that (Maybe I misinterpreted, just woke up) So I dont see anything to get offended over. I make a lot of gold from the AH buy selling the things I craft/farm.

OT: I think the prices are a little crazy, and Im not going to spend 200k on something. Regardless of if I have the gold because that is an insane amount lol. Its nice they have a way for people to get rare things, but most people cant make that quickly.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I'm maxed Mining/Engineering on my main, Herb/Alch on my shaman-but then I don't get the time to gather materials and craft things to sell as much as I would, most of my time is spent running witht he guild. But thank you for the tips, I'll see what else I can add to my daily rotation of things to help increase my funds.

And I, for one, wasn't attacking those with gold in the game-it just seems, like another player has alread said-those prices seem really high for the regular player to reach and still have fun playing. Not that those who can do or or those who can't are wrong-it just seems really high price wise. (I'm still working on my professions towards making a sandstone drake more then anything else, so earning gold hasn't been a main focus in a long time).

Its just, wow, high prices are more then a little daunting for an average player. I used to get ill thinking about spending 50k on a sandstone drake on my server before I decided to just level another toon, profession her alch and herb and make one myself. I need to focus on doing herbing while I am working on that toon's archaeology to get the Vial.