MoP Pet Ability List

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

MoP Pet Ability List

Unread post by Astratia »

This is a list of the current pet family abilities that will be updated with any changes that may occur in MoP. If you’re anything like me, you like to have your buffs covered with pets you can connect with in one way or another, without overcrowding your stable. Well, this may help those people ^_^

- 6/8/12 : Created List (WIP) Please do not post yet as I have yet to finish the formatting for the thread
- 6/8/12 : Rough List created - Feel free to comment with suggestions, editing and updates :)
- Exotic Beasts are going to be put in sub catagories
- Abilities will be reorganized
- Some Spelling Corrections made

8/6/12 : Put the Fox and Goat into Magical Speed Reduction section

If there is anything I have missed, or needs editing, please post it here so I can make updates.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Raid/Party Wide Buffs
Increase Mastery
ImageCat: Roar of Courage - The cat roars, increasing the mastery of all party and raid members by 3497 within 100 yards. Lasts for 1 min.
Exotic
ImageSpirit Beast: Spirit Beast Blessing - The spirit beast blesses your allies, increasing the mastery of all party and raid members by 3497 within 100 yards. Lasts for 1 min.

Increase Melee and Range Attack Speed
ImageHyena: Cackling Howl - The hyena lets out a cackling howl, increasing the melee and ranged attack speed of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 10% for 2 min. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
ImageSerpent: Serpent's Swiftness - Increases the melee and ranged attack speed of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 10% for 2 min. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.

Increase Critical Strike
ImageHydra (ONLY RETIRED GHOST HYDRA): Bellowing Roar - The hydra lets out a bellowing roar, increasing the critical strike chance of all party and raid members by 5%.
ImageWolf: Furious Howl - The wolf lets out a furious howl, increasing the critical strike chance of all party and raid members by 5%.

Exotic
ImageDevilsaur: Terrifying Roar - The devilsaur lets out a terrifying roar, increasing the critical strike chance of all party and raid members by 5%.
ImageQuilen: Fearless Roar - The quilen lets out a fearless roar, increasing the critical strike chance of all party and raid members by 5%.
ImageWaterstrider: Still Water- Infuses all party and raid members within vision with still water, increasing their spell power by 10% and their critical strike chance by 5% for 60 min.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Beast Master Specific Buffs
Burst Haste (Hero/Blood Lust)
ImageCorehound: Ancient Hysteria - Increases melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust or Time Warp again for 10 min.

Kings
ImageShale Spider: Embrace of the Shale Spider - Fills all friendly party and raid members with the Shale Spider's embrace, increasing Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Intellect by 5%.

Stamina
ImageSithlid: Qiraji Fortitude - Increases party and raid members' Stamina by 584 [at level 85].

Spell Power (plus Crit)
ImageWaterstrider: Still Water- Infuses all party and raid members within vision with still water, increasing their spell power by 10% and their critical strike chance by 5% for 60 min.

Debuffs to Enemy Target(s)

Increase Physical Damage Taken
ImageBoar: Gore - Your boar gores the enemy, causing the enemy target to take 4% increased physical damage for 25 sec.
ImageRavager: Ravage - Violently attacks an enemy, causing the enemy target to take 4% increased physical damage for 25 sec.

Exotic
ImageRhino: Stampede - Your rhino slams into a nearby enemy causing it to take 4% increased physical damage for 25 sec.
ImageWorm : Acid Spit -Your worm spits acid at an enemy, causing the enemy target to take an increased 4% physical damage for 25 sec.

Reducing Physical Damage
ImageBear: Demoralizing Roar - The bear roars, reducing the physical damage caused by all enemies within 0 yards by 10% for 15 sec.
ImageCarrion Bird: Demoralizing Screech - The Carrion Bird screeches, reducing the physical damage caused by all enemies within 5 yards by 10% for 10 sec.

Increase Magical Damage Taken
ImageDragonhawk: Fire Breath - Breaths Fire on the target, increasing magic damage taken by 8% for 45 sec.
ImageWindserpent: Lightning Breath - Breaths lightning, increasing magic damage taken by 8% for 45 sec.

Reduce Casting Speed
ImageSporebat: Spore Cloud - Dusts nearby enemies with spores, reducing the casting speed of all enemy targets within 6 yards 30% for 10 sec.

ImageFox: Tailspin - Your fox twirls its tail around, kicking up an obscuring cloud of dust, causing all enemies within 10 yards to have their casting speed speed reduced by 25% for 10 sec.

ImageGoat: Trample- Your goat tramples the enemy, kicking up an obscuring cloud of dust, causing all enemies within 10 yards to have their casting speed reduced by 25% for 10 sec.

Exotic
ImageCorehound : Your pet breathes a double gout of molten lava at the target, reducing the target's casting speed by 25% for 10 sec.

Reduce Armor
ImageTallstrider: Dust Cloud - Dust Cloud weakens the armor of the target by 4% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
ImageRaptor: Tear Armor - Weakens the armor of the target by 4% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.

Utility

AoE Damage
Exotic
ImageWorm: Burrow Attack - The Worm burrows into the earth, shaking the ground above and dealing (257 + ((RAP * 0.40) * 0.24) Nature damage over 8 sec.
ImageChimera: Froststorm Breath - The Chimera channels a frozen breath attack, causing (243 + ((RAP * 0.40) * 0.24)) Spellstorm damage every 3 sec for 8 sec to all enemies within the area.

Battle Res
Exotic
ImageQuilen: Eternal Guardian - Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 20% health and 20% mana.

Stuns
ImageBat: Sonic Blast - Emits a piercing shriek, stunning the target for 2 sec.
ImageWasp: Sting - Your wasp stings the target, stunning them for 2 sec.

Exotic
ImageShale Spider : Web Wrap - Encases the target in sticky webs, stunning them for 3 sec.

Incapacitate
ImagePorcupine: Paralyzing Quill - Fires paralyzing quills around the porcupine, incapacitating all enemies for 2 sec.

Interrupts
ImageNether Ray: Nether Shock - Instantly lashes an enemy, interrupting spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.
ImageGorilla: Pummel - Pummel the target, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.
ImageMoth: Serenity Dust - The moth's wings produce a cloud of dust that interrupts the enemy's spellcasting, preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.

Disarm
ImageScorpid: Clench - The scorpid clenches the enemy's weapon with its talons, disarming their main hand and ranged weapons for 10 sec.
ImageBird of Prey: Snatch - The bird of prey grabs the enemy's weapon with its talons, disarming them for 10 sec.

Short Crowd Control (CC)
ImageMonkey: Bad Manners- Hurls a handful of something special at the target, blinding them for 4 sec. Rude.
ImageBasilisks: Petrifying Gaze - Turns the target into stone for 3 sec, causing them to be invulnerable.
ImageCrane: Lullaby - Puts the target to sleep for 4 sec.

Reduced Movement
ImageCrocodile : Ankle Crack - Snap at the target's feet, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
ImageWarpstalker: Time Warp- Slows time around the enemy, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Exotic
ImageChimaera: Frost Breath - Your pet simultaneously breathes frost and lightning at an enemy target, slowing the target for 5 sec.

Movement Prevention
ImageCrab: Pin - Pins the target in place for 4 sec.
ImageDog: Lock Jaw- Dog locks its jaw on the target, holding it in place for 4 sec.
ImageSpider: Web - Encases the target in sticky webs, preventing movement for 5 sec.

Exotic
ImageSithlid: Venom Web Spray - Sprays toxic webs at the target, preventing movement for 5 sec.

Reduce Healing Effectivness
Exotic
ImageDevilsaur : Monstrous Bite - Your devilsaur ferociously bites the enemy, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 25% for 8 sec.

Knock Back
Exotic
ImageRhino: Horn Toss - The Rhino punts the enemy with its mighty horn, knocking them back a great distance.

Healing
Exotic
ImageSpirit Beast *: Spirit Mend - The The Spirit Beast heals the currently friendly target for (1237 + ((RAP * 0.35) * 0.5)) plus an additional (475 + ((RAP * 0.35) * 0.335)) over 10 sec.

Hunter Specific Utility

Reducing Damage Taken to Pet
ImageTurtle: Shell Sheild - The turtle partially withdraws into its shell, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.
ImageBeetle: Harden Carapace - Hardens up, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

Water Walking
Exotic
ImageWater Strider: Surface Trot - Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water for 10 min. Any damage will cancel the effect.
Last edited by Astratia on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 70 times in total.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: MoP Pet Ability List

-to be deleted-
Last edited by Astratia on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Silly question, I know, but are exotic pets retaining their unique abilities as well (ie Rhino horn toss)? Reason I ask is because I see the Devilsaur's Monstrous Bite listed up there but not it's other ability.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Gelannerai wrote:Silly question, I know, but are exotic pets retaining their unique abilities as well (ie Rhino horn toss)? Reason I ask is because I see the Devilsaur's Monstrous Bite listed up there but not it's other ability.
I'm not even close to finishing ^_^' Still a WIP that I'm doing currently.

Ok, done now :)
I'm not sure how to organize all the abilities, however I tried to combine the debuffs to enemies, and buffs to raids together. Some of the exotic abilities got thrown in at the bottom o_o'

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh yay, THANK YOU; we needed this thread!

Some minor notes/suggestions:
-Ravager is spelled incorrectly. >_>
-It would be lovely if the exotic pets were more clearly listed as such (the asterisk is hard to see), maybe under a subheading at the bottom of each section.
-You could organize the list this way: the buffs available to all (crit, haste, mastery), the BM buffs (stam, kings, spellpower, heroism/bloodlust), debuffs (reduced armor, physical damage taken, magical damage taken, slowed casting speed, slowed physical attack speed, reduced physical damage done), utility (AoE damage, heal, battle res, interrupt, disarm, stun, short CC*, knockback, slowed movement speed, reduced healing), and hunter-specific pets (reduced pet damage taken, water walking).

*By "short CC," I'm combining blind (monkeys), sleep (cranes), and cyclone (basilisks) into the same category, since none of these abilities is a stun. If attacked, the blind and sleep effects will break, and the cyclone blocks all incoming damage and healing.

Hope this helps! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

That's a great help! I'll get to work on it ^_^

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Thanks for this, it will help me finalize which families I decide to tame this expansion.
Kalliope

*watches the changes go into place* I like where this is going! :D <3

YouTube Edition

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Please pardon the dust as we are currently under construction :3

All cleaned up :D
Last edited by Astratia on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Glad to be of help :)
I needed this just as well.
I hope the new layout helps and looks good. Thanks again Kalli for the suggestions!

Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Astratia wrote:Glad to be of help :)
I needed this just as well.
I hope the new layout helps and looks good. Thanks again Kalli for the suggestions!
Thanks for the hard work! Very much appreciated. I've definitely been looking for a consolidated list like this for a while.
Kalliope

Eee, I love it! <3 Thanks for doing all this; will make life easier. :D

YouTube Edition

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Hero? Really? The term used should be lust, the original hero.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Yeah, Hero. Do you say "I'm bringing the Lustdog?" No, you do not. You say "I'm bringing the Herodog."

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Burst Haste is faction neutral?
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Didn't know it was a faction thing o_O' Goes to show you how much lore I know ^_^;
I'll change it to burst haste.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, yeah back in Vanilla the Horde were the only ones who had shamans, and the ability was Bloodlust. When Draenei shamans were introduced they gave theirs the name Heroism to be more fitting with the Alliance I suppose.
Kalliope

Magli wrote:Yeah, Hero. Do you say "I'm bringing the Lustdog?" No, you do not. You say "I'm bringing the Herodog."
<3

That is the best explanation for leaning toward hero as a name EVER.

Agreed that a faction neutral "burst haste" is better. :) I didn't think anything of it this time, since, well, I play alliance and hero was already in the game by the time I was. ;)

YouTube Edition

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Hehe, though Lustdog has a ring to it.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I've been playing mainly Alliance so long that I tend to default to 'hero.' This...probably get me odd looks when I play Horde, although I can't remember anyone saying anything about it.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!