Aggresive Stance, do you want it back?

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: Aggresive Stance, do you want it back?

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:
Foru21dr wrote:
Kalliope wrote:You guys know that kill command on the beta forces the pet to run in to use it, right?

A lot of the buggy issues are getting addressed. :)
I noticed on live that if I use kill command he will run in too. Will say though that I've done that when in passive stance. Have not noticed if on assist
Nono, I didn't say it accurately. The pet will CHARGE IN on the beta. :D The pet gets a speed boost to do it, not just attack. :)
High time - not sure why they didn't do this in the first place (or at least have it queue and go off on pet's next attack so you don't have to keep spamming it in high movement fights), but this should make KC very cool.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

pop wrote:Yes or No?

if yes, why and if no, why?
I don't miss it - it required micromanagement to achieve minor gains in obscure circumstances, and failing to stay on top of it could produce some extremely unwanted results including potentially a wipe.

This is kind of my feeling about eyes of the beast as well since others have mentioned that one here - yeah it was sort of fun once in a while, but not critical; the one time it ever had any major use for me was raid pulls, where you aggro'ed something far away, dropped EotB thereby causing pet to despawn, and mob journeys its way across the zone to your group, e.g. effective in a limited circumstance but kind of obviously not how the game was intended to work...

What I'd really like to see in re: EotB is something that shoots higher, like in a future xpac split BM into an offensive and defensive spec (along same very general lines as they did for ferals), where the defensive version uses an amped up version of EotB to cause you to directly run your pet, with various special tank abilities unlocked, and have your hunter follow along behind on a "pet" AI, providing fire support and light heals. That sort of thing.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

[/quote]

Nono, I didn't say it accurately. The pet will CHARGE IN on the beta. :D The pet gets a speed boost to do it, not just attack. :)[/quote]

High time - not sure why they didn't do this in the first place (or at least have it queue and go off on pet's next attack so you don't have to keep spamming it in high movement fights), but this should make KC very cool.[/quote]

Thats how it worked in the very beggining, then for some silly reason (i dont know why) they removed the charge on it and made it what it is on live atm.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Did not know that. Not sure if that's alarming or reassuring... :|

ANYHOO, here's hoping this time it "sticks". :)
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

You right on live there is no charge. Good to know they are correcting that
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave