Asian Giant Monsters in an Asian Themed Expansion as Pets.

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Asian Giant Monsters in an Asian Themed Expansion as Pets.

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Seeing as the new expansion is Asian themed, why not add in Giant Asian Monsters that destroy cities as hunter pets? Here's my list:

Desghidorah as a Hydra/Core Hound.

Cretacious King Ghidorah as a Hydra, seeing as it resembles one more and can regrow limbs.

Mothra as a Moth (Too many forms of Mortha to show, so I'm just gonna show my personal favorite, Armored Mothra Leo)

Rodan as a Pterrodax

Battra as Moth (Larval Form could be a Worm)

Now, I want to see your list!
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Asian Giant Monsters in an Asian Themed Expansion as Pet

Unread post by Kikanu »

Gamera and Battra's Larval form would be perfect for me.

Turtle with orc tusks and a smooth shell.
KAMEN RIDER WORM.(Signature)

Along with Chromaggus and my Springpaw Lynx, I'd only have one stable slot free at all times!
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:Mothra as a Moth (Too many forms of Mortha to show, so I'm just gonna show my personal favorite, Armored Mothra Leo)
http://mop.wowhead.com/npc=57421

Already in apparently! :o
ImageImage
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:Mothra as a Moth (Too many forms of Mortha to show, so I'm just gonna show my personal favorite, Armored Mothra Leo)

Sadly, Mothran doesn't look anything like Mothra/Mothra Leo/Armored Mothra Leo/Aquatic Mothra Leo/Rainbow Mothra Leo/Eternal Mothra Leo. But hey, atleast it isn't this freakin' thing:

Dekota
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dekota »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:
Shinryu Masaki wrote:

Sadly, Mothran doesn't look anything like Mothra/Mothra Leo/Armored Mothra Leo/Aquatic Mothra Leo/Rainbow Mothra Leo/Eternal Mothra Leo. But hey, atleast it isn't this freakin' thing:

Gabara is one of my favorite Kaijuu <___<
*comforts Gabara* It's okay. I still love you! *Huggles the kitty kaijuu*

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Dekota wrote:Gabara is one of my favorite Kaijuu <___<
You LIKE that thing?! Dear god! What has this world come to?! Either way, a Kaiju very near and dear to my heart is Battra. He has literally been in ONE movie as a semi-major (Minor?) character. Where, he dies at the very end. At least he kills Godzilla, without getting his neck chewed. He needs to appear in the next movie coming soon (Godzilla 2012, it's gonna be Toho and Warner Bros. working together, they already have pictures of the new Godzilla suit).

''The kaiju that burns twice as bright lives half as long'' - Random Youtube Person.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I already tamed a Mothra(the white moth) x3 but I planned to tame a Hydra to name it Ghidora. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:Sadly, Mothran doesn't look anything like Mothra/Mothra Leo/Armored Mothra Leo/Aquatic Mothra Leo/Rainbow Mothra Leo/Eternal Mothra Leo.
Well I guess they had to go with what they already had in-game. At least it is a moth. :|
ImageImage
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, I'm not quite sure people realize how much work new models/skins take...if it was easy, we'd all have updated player models by launch.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

So far, the model for Godzilla 2012 has changed quite a bit;

This one may be the final version. Note the feathers and the lizard-like head, it actually looks like a therapod dinosaur! (What Godzilla is). Oh, and they're bringing the big rubber suit back, just like the old movies.

EDIT: Apparently, only 2 of the images want to be seen. Here is a link to the image that won't show up. http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 21-840.jpg
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Continued from If gnomes can be hunters, what should their starting pet be? per order of Wain. :P
Crotalus Horridus wrote:
Worba wrote:Not a seamless fit I'll grant you, but things like an extra head are more incidental (>>) and covered under typical species diversity - e.g. chromaggus is a core hound even though he's scaly not furry / made of magma. Also if you're going to disqualify the chimera due to des having 4 legs instead of 2, then by the same logic you have also ruled out hydras (and similarly a requirement of 3 heads would rule out core hounds). Etc.

Whereas the wings are definitely not-incidental (>)

Chimera have

> Wings
>> Head models similar to the goat headed chimera

Hydras have

> No wings

Core hounds have

> No wings
>> 2 heads
>> Stubby tail

By virtue of movement type alone, that rules out hydra and core hounds
Although Desghidorah has similarities to Chimaeras, his body looks very Core Hound-ish.
>His body is very stocky, and his legs go out to the side. He also weighs a lot and is quite, about 75,000 tons and 50 meters tall. Size, body shape, and weight are shared with core hounds.
>He flys rarely, mainly moving on land or standing in place destroying things.
>The horns resemble a goat, but his head resembles a dog in it's shape.

Also, animals that look nothing like each other have been put into families together for just a few characteristics. Look at the Platypus and Echidna, they are look extremely different in appearance, yet they they are both in the same family because they lay eggs, they are Monotremes. Also, what about the Water Strider family? Blizzard put Spore Walkers in with the Water Skates, a bug that looks completely different from them.

He does have a flightless form by the way;
We're just talking in terms of how wow classifies specifies, which is decidedly not scientific like in RL; and in wow large functional wings go far beyond the more minor anatomical differences found in wow beast families.

I've been watching wow tamable species "evolve" over the years and the best guideline is what I call "the squint test", basically if you can quint a bit and (seriously) imagine the general profile as an existing species, it has a chance. Thus we have not only beasts, but demons, elementals, insects and etc.

Thus if you squint at this...

It looks a lot closer to this...

Than to this...

Or to this...

... and the wings / lack thereof are the primary reason.

Now the flightless version of Desghidorah could kinda/sorta contend for what you're after; still a stretch (unusual number of legs for a hydra and necks / tail much longer than any existing core hound's), but it could conceivably happen at some point.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Worba wrote: We're just talking in terms of how wow classifies specifies, which is decidedly not scientific like in RL; and in wow large functional wings go far beyond the more minor anatomical differences found in wow beast families.

I've been watching wow tamable species "evolve" over the years and the best guideline is what I call "the squint test", basically if you can quint a bit and (seriously) imagine the general profile as an existing species, it has a chance. Thus we have not only beasts, but demons, elementals, insects and etc.

Thus if you squint at this...

It looks a lot closer to this...

Than to this...

Or to this...

... and the wings / lack thereof are the primary reason.

Now the flightless version of Desghidorah could kinda/sorta contend for what you're after; still a stretch (unusual number of legs for a hydra and necks / tail much longer than any existing core hound's), but it could conceivably happen at some point.
I see what you mean. But, for the pet to be even put in the game would require an appearance change for copyright reasons. It could, if Blizzard decides it, to get a shorter tail, no wings, and a shorter neck.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Yep, no one messes with the Godzilla franchise! :D
Dekota
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dekota »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:
Dekota wrote:Gabara is one of my favorite Kaijuu <___<
You LIKE that thing?! Dear god! What has this world come to?!

Yes I do! xD Gabara has always been one of my Favorite of the Kaijuu baddies (Gigan rating 1st and Titanosaurus in 3rd). The movie he comes from is horrible, but it's fun! Gabara has one of the best sounding roars next to Titanosaurus. Pooor kitty monster just needs to have his tuff of fur brushed and a good pet and he'll be happy!

I've even drawn Gabara before: http://chibi-warmonger.deviantart.com/a ... -307934737

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I have video footage that Desghidorah would make one mean lean Core hound machine; he shoots fire bawlz of doom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxONUcRuUsE