Unread post by Kitchu/Sknot »

/sigh thats all i have to say i am just gonna get flamed
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: New Wolf Skin.

Unread post by Vephriel »

My personal opinion on the matter: none.

I have Skoll, mine's name is Hegg. I love him, he's the only Spirit Beast I've ever managed to bond with fully and keep. This new mob does nothing to change that or my view of Skoll, especially considering how much more vivid and vibrant blue the real Skoll is.

I think it would have been cooler if they had gone with a different colour rather than just a desaturated blue, not because I have a problem with it being the same colour scheme, I just think that it's a bit of a boring recolour. These recolours of Skoll have existed in the WoW files since WotLK though I believe, so Blizz is just deciding to use them. Might as well, I've been wondering when they were going to show up. As I said before, I couldn't care less about this whole thing myself. I know people are going to disagree, but *shrug*.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Sure, it happened, and Blizzard kindly let us keep the ones that we managed to tame instead of making them unusable like the serpents (remember the serpent-taming bug? before they had a family?) so that we'd have to keep them as stable-candy. They still made them untamable and took a full two expansions to give us that model again--once it made sense to.

Those 'plenty' can go ahead and be thrilled. It won't magically make me thrilled too. :P I'm satisfied enough in that there's a very visible difference in color, at least, I just wish it was a Spirit Beast. It'd give the folks clamoring for a common option something to pick up--I'm not one of them, but a regular wolf shooting lightning sits ill with me.

In the end, however, Blizz will do as they do. They're at least using a different color, so my objections are limited.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Vephriel wrote:My personal opinion on the matter: none.

I have Skoll, mine's name is Hegg. I love him, he's the only Spirit Beast I've ever managed to bond with fully and keep. This new mob does nothing to change that or my view of Skoll, especially considering how much more vivid and vibrant blue the real Skoll is.

I think it would have been cooler if they had gone with a different colour rather than just a desaturated blue, not because I have a problem with it being the same colour scheme, I just think that it's a bit of a boring recolour. These recolours of Skoll have existed in the WoW files since WotLK though I believe, so Blizz is just deciding to use them. Might as well, I've been wondering when they were going to show up. As I said before, I couldn't care less about this whole thing myself. I know people are going to disagree, but *shrug*.
Thats my point! I'm just happy for those who wanted a Skoll looking pet and dislike BM. Skoll is Skoll because hes BRIGHT BLUE. This wolf is a light gray.. Reminds me of thunder storms tbh. I find him pretty, though I do think it would have been cool to make him a darker grey.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'd be thrilled if I thought it'd get the folks wanting to give Exotics to all specs off of BM's back, but sadly I fear it'll do just the opposite. 'We already have lightning wolves, why can't we have the other lightning wolf?'
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar

i agree it kinda cheapens him in a way i dont now i cant explain it
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Y'know... I've seen so many pets that were unique at one point become "common", either because they themselves were duplicated, or their spawn times lowered to 30 minutes to an hour, or they've used the same base skin with different colors, that it does not matter to me any more. That is NOT what makes them special to me. What makes them special is how we bond. When I see them for the first time, and I go, "I must have that pet!," because I'm just plain awed by it's beauty, or awesomeness, or whatever else.

Why let it bother you everytime a cluster of pixels is changed, multiplied, or whatever? It's a game.

Personally, I'm completely neutral. Yes, I camped Skoll for days. Yes, he still accompanies me; he's named Agni. Yes, I still love him as much as the day they released his model on WotLK beta.

Will I get one of these guys? Probably. Keep it? Can't say right now.

[shrug] Just my two cents.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

look nothing will change Howlett thats my Skoll i love him a actaully got him right after i lost Louge thats a diffrant story it just makes me a little sad is all
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

If lookalikes of a pet cheapen the experience of having a pet for you, then I don't think you cared much about having that pet to begin with.

Fun enough though. It's usually beautiful but common pets that are the ones you see the least.

Plus, now you have a common lookalike, you may see less real Skolls.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Qraljar wrote:If lookalikes of a pet cheapen the experience of having a pet for you, then I don't think you cared much about having that pet to begin with.

Fun enough though. It's usually beautiful but common pets that are the ones you see the least.

Plus, now you have a common lookalike, you may see less real Skolls.

i care for my skoll more then most trust me

i doubt that you will see them all with stupid names like fakeskoll farkskoll stupidity like that oh god i cant wait for the tools to get them
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Then why care about a lookalike that imo, looks worse than the real Skoll? :D
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

And here i thought the skoll recolors were hideous as hell :lol: i stand corrected seeing one in-game now xD gonna def be keeping skoll as my RP desired pet, but if this version really does remain Wolf and not Spirit Beast, well, i do say i will be troting around with a tenacity lightning wolf!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Qraljar wrote:If lookalikes of a pet cheapen the experience of having a pet for you, then I don't think you cared much about having that pet to begin with.
Okay, I see this statement way too many times. Just because you can't imagine caring for the pet as much if you feel its look is cheapened, does not mean it's the same for someone else. I can be absolutely furious about a skin being made common because I care about that pet. Being annoyed/irritated/angry has nothing to do with a lack of caring--in my case, it's quite the opposite!

I'm not furious in this case (only annoyed), but my point still stands.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Poor Skoll :( The new skin looks pretty poor in my opinion, it's very washed out, though I can understand if some people like it. I'd rather they'd made it a rare (even as a normal wolf) but I guess people would complain about rehashing like with Magria/Ankha. Grats to anyone who wanted it tamable :)

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Loki wrote:Poor Skoll :(
I don't think Skoll cares if he's unique. :lol: He's probably ALL like "I'M NOT ALOOOOOONE! :headbang:"

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

TheDoomcookie wrote:
Loki wrote:Poor Skoll :(
I don't think Skoll cares if he's unique. :lol: He's probably ALL like "I'M NOT ALOOOOOONE! :headbang:"
Haha, he may well be :)

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Olm the Wise. That is all. ;)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Teigan wrote:Olm the Wise. That is all. ;)
Ban'thalos. That is all. ;)

"They aren't identical! They're just very similar."

My point exactly!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'm BM, and I think this is awesome :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Ziarre wrote:
Okay, I see this statement way too many times. Just because you can't imagine caring for the pet as much if you feel its look is cheapened, does not mean it's the same for someone else. I can be absolutely furious about a skin being made common because I care about that pet. Being annoyed/irritated/angry has nothing to do with a lack of caring--in my case, it's quite the opposite!

I'm not furious in this case (only annoyed), but my point still stands.
I have to second this. I am really not of one opinion over the other. Granted if this new wolf and Skoll were identical I would have my 2 cents, but they are not so mute point. I digress,
I don't like the "I don't agree so you are wrong" comments. Because your opinion is one thing doesn't mean that by default the other guy is wrong for his/hers.