Tameable yaks and mushan are mistakes

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Tameable yaks and mushan are mistakes

Unread post by Wain »

I have a feeling of déjà vu here...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news yet again (though last time it ended well), but we have official word now that neither yaks nor mushan were intended to be tameable. :(

Much like porcupines and silkworms last time, the tameables are the result of them changing beasts around in zones. Beasts that used to be goats or crocs were turned into yaks and mushan but the tameable flag wasn't removed before the build was released.

Of course last time it ended well, but I don't dare hope we'll get lucky twice. Personally I wish these accidentals had occurred first, as if GC was going to change his mind on two pets then mushan and yaks would probably make more sensible pets than silkworms and porcupines (though maybe not as amusing). Not that I'm complaining about those :)

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know now so they don't get *too* attached to these new pets. Maybe GC will show mercy once again, but I'm not going to get my heart set on it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Re: Tameable yaks and mushan are accidents

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

I did somewhat expect this. From day one, I thought they were a mistake and as you have proven, they are. However, with all the hunters who do have them and do want them to stay, I can see a legion of hunters fighting for them to stay.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Re: Tameable yaks and mushan are mistakes

Unread post by swimgremlin »

/2 LF more all hunter raid on GM's for Mushan & Yaks. Pst for inv. MUST LOVE GIANT LIZARDS & HAIRY COW.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

No shock there had a feeling.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

swimgremlin wrote:/2 LF more all hunter raid on GM's for Mushan & Yaks. Pst for inv. MUST LOVE GIANT LIZARDS & HAIRY COW.
How shall we carry out with the operation? Will we spam thee with tickets of utter destruction?
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I will fight tooth and nail for Mushu. :| I really will. I knew these were a mistake, and earlier today I found out it was confirmed, which is why I started this thread. But.. just... It's too late. :( There's a strong bond. T-T I just... really really hope Ghostcrawler will be nice.

And this is sort of a selfish thought, I think, but I really think if a mistake like this is made... and the beast is legitimately reasonable for a hunter, they should just add the beasts. It's just so depressing otherwise. :(

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Well this is depressing, I like the Mushan and the Yaks (altho not their size) much more than the Poke-u-Pares and caterpillars. /sigh :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd much rather the Yaks and Mushan than silly porcupines and silkworms. Can we take a trade?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Seeing as Doomcookie has started up a thread to fight for our right to tame Mushan Beast and Yaks, can you add please and I mean PLEASE add Mantid Tanks to it? I am in love with them (So much to a point were I can't bear killing them!) and would die if they wouldn't become tamable! So, pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pwease?
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

I dont want a trade... because I have a porcupine I love and also that would BREAK KALLI'S HEART. And no way am I doing that. I dont think two little additions would hurt. And Ghostcrawler didn't say that he'd never do something like that again... So really he should give us these two and then say he wont do this again for mistake pets in beta.

I'l like the kuchong, they'd be cool, but I dont want to stretch it. I'd rather keep that thread on the current two that are mistakes but we have and love now.... Someone could start another thread saying they wanted them, but me personally, I'm more concerned about mushan and yaks. :(

AKA TheDoomcookie

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Jessibelle wrote:I'd much rather the Yaks and Mushan than silly porcupines and silkworms. Can we take a trade?

I seriously thought porcupines would be critters and very few labeled as beasts like armadillos... And silkworms, I still can't believe they're legit. Gratz to the people who want them, but I certainly was looking forward to my first non bipedial dinosaur...

I really doubted Mushan would stay, but I crossed all my fingers, toes and eyes after seeing the tamed one. At first I couldn't even think of an ability for them to have without using another buff/debuff/PvP ability, but then they started coming to me.

Genuinely sad, but at least us hunters have each others shoulders to cry on. :'(
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I'd be rather surprised if Kunchong (Mantid Tanks) didn't become tamable. We're pretty sure they're bestial by now (beast classification, most of them standing in feeding pits like pets), plus I'd say the Silithid Colossi set a proper precedent.

And yeah, neither Mushan Beasts nor Yak really appeal to me, but 1) Extra choice is always great! 2) They do no harm being tamable.

I also think as it is, the new tamable family list is rather small, while it has no reason to, because Pandaria has some of the most beautiful beasts, not only model (of course) wise, but also in lore or structure. Etcetera.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

TheDoomcookie wrote:I dont want a trade... because I have a porcupine I love and also that would BREAK KALLI'S HEART.
:|

Exactly. >_< I'm as attached to Cadmus as I am to Calydonian at this point. I couldn't choose to give up either.

And I can't say "trade silkworms for yaks" because then that would hurt Mia and Veph and all the mushan supporters (as well as miffing the silkworm fans).

All we can do is plead our case and hope GC takes pity on us again. :/ It's hard because beta is beta, but we DID get the miracle gift of porcupines and silkworms....and back in the Cata beta, we did eventually get silithid tanks, which weren't originally intended. But how many gifts can we hope to have per expansion? And yet....to actually have them and have them taken away....it's a different story, even on beta.

We have to try.

It could happen.

After all, who can resist

Attachments
dat floof.png
dat floof.png (809.97 KiB) Viewed 3246 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

Gaaaah their tails are too cute xD

Guh... Just... Thinking of giving up my Mushan.... It literally brings me to tears. :( Not like, sobbing tears, but small really sad tears. X.x

AKA TheDoomcookie

Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Kitchu/Sknot »

i will fight tooth and claw to have yakks i havent even been able to to tame one on beta yet but i wanted to in live :( they are so cute
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I cried manly tears today
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Well, you know what this calls for.

That's right.

Or maybe if we're looking to mix our memes...

And just to be fair...

Attachments
YakSad.jpg
YakSad.jpg (31.72 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
YakSad2.jpg
YakSad2.jpg (74.51 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
MushanSad.jpg
MushanSad.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Last edited by Kurasu on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Hahahaha! Should be some mushan derpsadface pics too. I'd personally love both! (Shh, I'm not greedy)
ImageImage
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Meggers wrote:Hahahaha! Should be some mushan derpsadface pics too. I'd personally love both! (Shh, I'm not greedy)
Done!

Honestly, I love mushans, too. Massively! Just for me, I have less ability to see them managing to come in. Because the main 'what families should we make?' pass has already been done, thus saying to me that we aren't likely to see a 'Mushan' (or 'Yak') family pop in suddenly, but I see yaks as potential goats (or 'ruminants', or 'horned beasts', or whatever) and not Mushans as potential crocolisks.

Of course, I'm still praying for rams and talbuks as potential goats, too. I mean, they always make one 'old' family tameable each patch! Goats could include the new stuff so they've got those old models in a new family going on!

... er, yes. I know they brought in basilisks. But shhh!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Fair point. :)
ImageImage