Why such hate on Female Pandarens?

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Why such hate on Female Pandarens?

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Heya Petopians, I aint been on here for some time now, but anyway, as you read the title "Why such hate on Female Pandarens?"

Well, I dont play Female characters generally, but I made an exception today. I thought "I really want a Pandaren but I dont like the male" so I gave Female a shot, I love them. There aint no other words to explain it. I don't see what the big fuss is over Female Pandaren.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Why such hate on Female Pandarens?

Unread post by Shade »

What 'hate' are you talking about? People have so many different opinions on them.

Some people don't like the cuteness, some don't like the voices, the animations, the 'red panda' tail, whatever. More specific please?

I for one do not like their voices, I think they went through so much trouble to make a cutesy toon and then gave it an old woman's voice. The voice itself is not bad-it just doesn't fit the panda girls as they are now to me.

*shrug*

Otherwise I like them. I'm considering race changing my worgen hunter-my main toon-to one, except her name is accented and I don't want to loose it. Bah.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Well you love them, others don't. We all have our own likes and dislikes and this is just another topic in that area. :)

I do think some of their stuff is too cutsey for me, but I don't like playing male toons so my panda shammy will be female.
ImageImage
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

@Shade

Most people say "OMG they are so fat" ect. Despite they are Pandas. Lol :P

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I absolutely adore them. I should be pissed about the red panda thing, but, after seeing it, I'm just gonna shelf my taxonomical correctness and squee like a schoolgirl. I completely <3 them. I'm changing my main to one. And she's gonna have a tail. :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Not sure if serious....

Female pandaren have by and large gotten the more favorable reception as far as I've seen.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I hear most of the fat comments going to the male pandaren. People seem to really like the female pandarens curves.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Fat? Thats the first time I heard that. I've been playing one in beta and she doesn't seem fat to me. *shrug* I don't particularly like dwarven females because they are rather chubby to me, but that also is part of their height, they are too short and wide for me. I've tried playing one and just didn't like her long term, ended up race changing her. But the pandas? Maybe it is because she id taller, I have not been bothered by her yet.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

It's the 6-pack a day voice.. Plus the somewhat creepy facial markings on the concept one.
Account has been closed at user's request.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Shade wrote: Otherwise I like them. I'm considering race changing my worgen hunter-my main toon-to one, except her name is accented and I don't want to loose it. Bah.
Slightly OT but you don't lose your name in a race change. You have the option to change it if you so choose, but you're not forced to give up a name.

Only time you might lose a name on a toon is if it's reported or if you're server transferring and the server you go to already has that name.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Shade wrote: Otherwise I like them. I'm considering race changing my worgen hunter-my main toon-to one, except her name is accented and I don't want to loose it. Bah.
Slightly OT but you don't lose your name in a race change. You have the option to change it if you so choose, but you're not forced to give up a name.

Only time you might lose a name on a toon is if it's reported or if you're server transferring and the server you go to already has that name.

Accented names will not be allowed to be made in Pandaria. If I race change her, I will be forced to change her name to not having an accent mark in it. I had to change it when I moved her to beta too.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I hate them because even tho I'm a girl I usually only play male toons, but I like these female models with the tail so much I'll probably play one. :lol: I've had two girl toons and I just can't get in to it. I'm either pervy or too used to having male heroes in videogames...or both.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Slickrock wrote:It's the 6-pack a day voice.. Plus the somewhat creepy facial markings on the concept one.
Rofl thats how my mom described the female panda voice when she heard it.

Im not too fond of the voice, but I very rarely play with my game sound on so that wont be a problem. Other than that I love them. I mainly see love for them rather than hate.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Shade wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:

Accented names will not be allowed to be made in Pandaria. If I race change her, I will be forced to change her name to not having an accent mark in it. I had to change it when I moved her to beta too.
Ah, my apologies. Clearly I missed that. >_<

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Honestly, I love Female Pandarens with a passion and I don't see why they get such negativity :(

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Because... people have different opinions. <.<

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Everyone has thier opinion about everything in the game. That is how it is.

If you love what ever it is you do then thats great :) I personaly cant wait for MoP to go live some some of my mains can be changed to female pandas....I totaly adore them. Not personaly fond of the voice or some of the animations but that doesnt stop me totaly adoreing them and planning on changeing over at least 4 chars to one.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:Not sure if serious....
Female pandaren have by and large gotten the more favorable reception as far as I've seen.
I'm the same. I'm sure *some* people don't like them but I've certainly not experienced it to be common or widespread. Maybe in certain age groups or online communities?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dekota
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dekota »

I hate their voice SO MUCH I can't stand it for the simple fact that the fem pandaren were made to be super cute looking and then given a voice that sounds like an 80 year old women. Other then that, I absolutely love my female pandaren and finally have a character on warcraft that's worthy of the name 'Nayoko'! I've had a Nayoko in every MMO I've played including warcraft..but a female troll just couldn't cut it as the adorable, squeaky super hyper super cute character that Nayoko was..till MoP ^_____^!

Nayoko ----> http://chibi-warmonger.deviantart.com/a ... -297730638 <----

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

The only "hate" I've seen on the Beta forums is the lack of not having any serious facial expressions to pick from.