MoP Release Date

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: MoP Release Date

Unread post by Makoes »

I am happy they moved it back, giving more people time to reach the level requirement. Although, yeah, it would have been nicer if they moved it forward and kept it at lv 85 for one more year, or created level brackets, but at least they are trying to give people more time to get there.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

So they are changing the game for those who rush through content, without reading quest text, whose only concern is getting to level cap?
Smooth move Blizzard.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Sukurachi wrote:So they are changing the game for those who rush through content, without reading quest text, whose only concern is getting to level cap?
Smooth move Blizzard.
That's how I feel too. What they've done makes no sense with what Vaneras said in his first paragraph. People are still going to rush content to get to this.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

People are misreading this, and Vaneras misstated himself:
Therefore, In order to make sure you guys have some more time to prepare for this year's Brewfest, we have pushed the whole event forward by just over a week, stopping short of overlapping with the Hallow’s End event.
He means they pushed it *further in the month*. That is to say, instead of stopping on the 5th, it'll be stopping just short of overlapping. Which means probably it'll be pushed to the *17th* or close to. I think even I, a mega-slow leveler, will have time to do it this year if that's the case. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I doubt a "mega slow" leveler has time to get to 90 in a couple weeks.
in my opinion, that's rushing through content.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I didn't misread anything, I know what it says. And I still say it's unfair. I'm starting uni the day before MoP comes out, I'm going to have no time at all to level up before it ends.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Sukurachi wrote:I doubt a "mega slow" leveler has time to get to 90 in a couple weeks.
in my opinion, that's rushing through content.
You're right. For some reason, I misremembered when it was coming out. I thought it would be closer to a month I'd have in that case. Alas, not to be. So, yeah. It's going to be impossible for me to get it this year. And by next year, the trinkets will already be outdated.

I'm not going to throw a hissy fit, but I *am* going to say that, in looking at that angle of things, this is sadly pushing things way too fast. If Blizzard wants people to enjoy the new content, then forcing people to a 'leveling schedule' is definitely not the wisest plan they ever had. By far!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Well, the alternative is to push it to before MoP, and then nobody would get any MoP-useful gear. This way, at least some do...it's not the most ideal solution, but I'm not sure an ideal solution is feasible.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Kalliope wrote:
Royi wrote:
Sigrah wrote:I guess it's time to start capping Honor and JP/VP again. That'll be fun to do across 12 toons.
Hmm, what happens if you're sitting at 4000 Valor and 4000 Justice before a Expac? Don't they just convert it all to gold at the start of a new expansion??
That's the idea, I would imagine. :)
o.o I started playing right after Cata came out. (With a short time of gaming pre Cata.) So...we get 4k gold if we have 4k Valor/Justice. o.o FREE MONEY! lol I cap very quick now since I play my druid and I am constantly running dungeons now (satchel scanner ftw) to try to get epic lootz. So that won't be hard for me. Would be ard for honor though since I don't PvP anymore.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Ziarre wrote:Well, the alternative is to push it to before MoP, and then nobody would get any MoP-useful gear. This way, at least some do...it's not the most ideal solution, but I'm not sure an ideal solution is feasible.
Yeah, they had to compromise on a whole bunch of schedules this time around. I'm one of those mega slow levelers... well, sometimes. It took me about 7 months to get to 60 from release because I was a complete MMO noob, almost 3 weeks to get to 70 (scheduled vaction for that), 6 weeks to get to 80 (was pretty busy that winter) and 10 days to get to 85 (lots of free time).

Don't forget there will be other drops from the pre-release event that will be at least as useful as Coren's trinkets, and novelties that will be as pleasing as the brewfest mounts.

If The Shattering is anything to go by.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

There's another thing to consider....

For hunters, the Coren loot is pretty lame. One so-so trinket.

If I had a shammy main, I'd be all over it, as there are the tankards, and trinkets galore.

But for a hunter? meh... would be ok to get it, but I'm not gonna sweat it. Also, the new LFR trinkets are clearly superior, so you'll use those instead of the brewfest trinket anyway.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Slickrock wrote:There's another thing to consider....

If I had a shammy main, I'd be all over it, as there are the tankards, and trinkets galore.

But for a hunter? meh... would be ok to get it, but I'm not gonna sweat it. Also, the new LFR trinkets are clearly superior, so you'll use those instead of the brewfest trinket anyway.
1) You still have to get lucky enough to obtain whatever trinket you're after in LFR. Even if they're changing the rules around loot so that winners get something spec appropriate, you only get one shot per week to obtain said trinket (or per whatever bosses drop it if it's a shared item amongst any/all of them). But with Coren, you can keep killing him as long as he's available and your patience allows in order to obtain the trinkets he drops. It may be so-so, but it may be the best you get for God knows how long.

2) I still haven't been able to find any information about Level 90 versions of the tankards the daily treat bag can give being data-mined anywhere. Maybe it's well hidden or my eyes just haven't spotted them yet, but it's going to suck if Blizzard decided not to update them this year. Something I did notice, however, is that the Horseman's Sword for this year has been updated to a one-handed weapon instead of main-hand. This is what is currently on Wowhead: The Horseman's Sinister Slicer. So, if you're a sad Panda (pun intended) about not having time to get your Monk up for the Tankards, you might at least make it in time to get shots at the sword. I don't know if past year's swords are being converted to one-handers or not, I just noticed that this years version is going to be. This, assuming you're willing to push for them over taking it slow. I know many would rather take it slow over getting the swag.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Sigrah wrote:
Slickrock wrote:There's another thing to consider....

1) You still have to get lucky enough to obtain whatever trinket you're after in LFR. Even if they're changing the rules around loot so that winners get something spec appropriate, you only get one shot per week to obtain said trinket (or per whatever bosses drop it if it's a shared item amongst any/all of them). But with Coren, you can keep killing him as long as he's available and your patience allows in order to obtain the trinkets he drops. It may be so-so, but it may be the best you get for God knows how long.

2) I still haven't been able to find any information about Level 90 versions of the tankards the daily treat bag can give being data-mined anywhere. Maybe it's well hidden or my eyes just haven't spotted them yet, but it's going to suck if Blizzard decided not to update them this year. Something I did notice, however, is that the Horseman's Sword for this year has been updated to a one-handed weapon instead of main-hand. This is what is currently on Wowhead: The Horseman's Sinister Slicer. So, if you're a sad Panda (pun intended) about not having time to get your Monk up for the Tankards, you might at least make it in time to get shots at the sword. I don't know if past year's swords are being converted to one-handers or not, I just noticed that this years version is going to be. This, assuming you're willing to push for them over taking it slow. I know many would rather take it slow over getting the swag.
True, but their solution is still better than waiting a whole year, at which time we won't give a rip anymore.

Still, for a hunter, it's one trinket that's only a tiny bit better than that from heroics. For a shammy, it's a lot of gear.
Account has been closed at user's request.