Pandaria Mini-Changes

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Pandaria Mini-Changes

Unread post by Kurasu »

The patch has made a lot of small changes that could easily be missed if one weren't paying attention to them. Fortunately, I'm a 'retentive' person and have been trying to pick out the 'Hey wait a minute!' things as I'm exploring. So far, things that I have noticed:

- Most critters now have a 'Sound On Click'. This probably matches the sounds they make as minipets.
- Swamp Striders (the blue Tallstriders in SoS), neutral to both Horde and Alliance on live, are now aggressive (red) mobs.
- Toxic Wasteling and Disgusting Oozeling again make constant 'squelching' noises as opposed to just on-click. Disgusting Oozeling still has its on-click as well.
- Zangarmarsh seems to now be a PVP zone. At least on the PTR.

I'll add others as I find them, and hope others will do so! If it's a *major* change, feel free to make a whole thread. But none of these are exactly what I'd call big enough to warrent a thread, so... one thread to list them all! <LOTR reference>
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Pandaria Mini-Changes

Unread post by Makoes »

At least for the Zangermarsh one, I can say that its pvp only because of the limited BETA servers to test for the cross realm zones. On live though, this will not be a problem (pve with pve, RP with RP, PvP with PVP, etc)

Its cool that the oozes are squelching, adds to the flavour :)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zangarmarsh being a PvP zone is probably due to the less populated areas having that new phasing technology...and on the test servers, PvE and PvP servers are mixed.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I've noticed that the portals in Shattrath are gone. The ones to Orgrimmar and Stormwind. I don't know if they have been gone longer, but just noticed the other day. I seriously hope they aren't planning on it to stay that way.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Smyelmdar wrote:I've noticed that the portals in Shattrath are gone. The ones to Orgrimmar and Stormwind. I don't know if they have been gone longer, but just noticed the other day. I seriously hope they aren't planning on it to stay that way.
Right now in live, my main's hearth is in Shatt, because it's very peaceful and has the Org/SW portals. In MoP her hearth will be set in the VEB Shrine, as it will have portals to all the faction cities, Dal, and Shatt.

I would say there isn't any real need anymore for Org/SW portals in Shatt now that it has class trainers and an AH, but what about transmog while you're questing in Outland? Have they added transmog/void storage to Shatt and Dal?
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

That's one thing that really erks still, is that there is so much stuff restricted to just Org/SW, and it makes the other cities almost deserted. One would have hoped by now that the other city leaders would bring there cities more "up-to-date" with the latest in Hero's needs...ie portals, reforgers, moggers, and any other things that are frequently used by Hero's that are only in org/SW...

I really really hate having to keep going to SW all the time, I'd much rather go to Darn or IF...

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Makoes wrote:That's one thing that really erks still, is that there is so much stuff restricted to just Org/SW, and it makes the other cities almost deserted. One would have hoped by now that the other city leaders would bring there cities more "up-to-date" with the latest in Hero's needs...ie portals, reforgers, moggers, and any other things that are frequently used by Hero's that are only in org/SW...

I really really hate having to keep going to SW all the time, I'd much rather go to Darn or IF...
*nod* I tend to stay in Dalaran since it's easy enough to pop into Org, but I wish it had the transmog/reforge/void storage people. Or even the other major cities. Orgrimmar is just so stale for me, I'd choose Undercity in a heartbeat if it had all of the necessities.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

All my characters that can, have their hearthstones set in Shattrath, cause I feel it's easier since you can go straight to Orgrimmar from there, and since I'm often running Outland dungeons; either farming them, or boosting my lower level characters, it makes it much easier.
Also, I don't understand why they want everyone to stay in the same city. My computer isn't the best, and Orgrimmar makes me lag when there's a lot of people there.
So now we have one crowded city (Stormwind/Orgrimmar) and the other cities are abandoned almost.
But I guess I just have to set my hearthstone to Orgrimmar, and use the portal to Blasted Lands. It will work. :)

Oh, and it seem like the portals are gone on the test realm too.. So I'm guessing they're gonna stay gone..

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

The swampstrider change will be annoying for levellers, those birds are all over that section and you usually finish their quest long before you've found all the crocs and landmines.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

...Crocs and landmines...and people wonder why I love this game...

~~~
~~~
~~~