Stables

Mac

Stables

Unread post by Mac »

So... has there been any discussion as to whats being done about stable slots? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. My girlfriend and I are avid pet collectors. We do not want to abandon our babies just to make room for the new skins.

It seems as if Blizz has set up the stables to allow for more "pages" but we haven't heard of anything official.

Long time petopian, first time poster.

TY in advance, Hensley and Elsbeth
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Stables

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hi and welcome to the posting side of the forums!

As of this moment, we haven't heard anything about new stable slots being added. I'm afraid there will be some tough choices ahead for you both. :(

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Unless you want to make another hunter on the other faction or of a different race!
ImageImage
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

Not that any of us collect hunters just to collect pets *cough*

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I have 5, soon to be 6, so ... I collect hunters, too!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Galaxy wrote:Not that any of us collect hunters just to collect pets *cough*
*shifty eyes*
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

[quickly shoves all but her main hunter into closet and shuts door, whistling innocently]

Yep. No hunter collecting here... Not at all.

:D

(I feel you, though. My main has so many fuzzy/feathered/scaled/ghostly friends, and loves them all... But she also loves making new friends. She refuses to get rid of any of her babies, though. So if no slots are added, there will be no new pets for her in MoP.)

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Torachi wrote:[quickly shoves all but her main hunter into closet and shuts door, whistling innocently]

(I feel you, though. My main has so many fuzzy/feathered/scaled/ghostly friends, and loves them all... But she also loves making new friends. She refuses to get rid of any of her babies, though. So if no slots are added, there will be no new pets for her in MoP.)

Same here, though once they reach the max level I stick to my main hunter because she has all the best gear.... Which means I don't get to play with the pets on my alt hunters. Yes I'd like to have more spots, but more so I can play with them on my main hunter and have all her gear upgraded. I don't like the idea of collecting the same gear on multiple hunters.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Shade wrote:
Torachi wrote:[quickly shoves all but her main hunter into closet and shuts door, whistling innocently]

Same here, though once they reach the max level I stick to my main hunter because she has all the best gear.... Which means I don't get to play with the pets on my alt hunters. Yes I'd like to have more spots, but more so I can play with them on my main hunter and have all her gear upgraded. I don't like the idea of collecting the same gear on multiple hunters.
That would be my other reason for hoping they do increase stables, or at least make the option available to purchase for those who would like it (as I understand there are some who aren't so keen on this).

I can't do the whole leveling the same class over and over, so my other hunters are all pretty low, mixed levels. It's just too redundant for me. But at the same time, hunter was my first class, and is my favorite to this day, and the one thing I enjoy above all else is hunting for pets. It really is a passion in the game to me, so seeing all the new pets, especially the water striders and basilisks (waited for years for these guys), it hurts thinking that I won't be able to tame them when MoP hits live, simply because my stable is full on the character that will be venturing out first, even before my DK or shaman. I do really hope that they do give us at least a little something towards stable slots, but if they don't... Oh, well. No shiny new friends for this huntress.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Mac

Unread post by Mac »

I never thought about starting another hunter....hmmmm...could be like a male version of my current hunter..MAYBE her long lost brother!!! OH cool!! Now i have some creative work to do. Thanks for the idea guys :)
Hcet
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Hcet »

Ok we have account wide mounts, pets and achievements. Isn't it about time for account wide pets? :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Hcet wrote:Ok we have account wide mounts, pets and achievements. Isn't it about time for account wide pets? :)
oh god no!!!!
I have at least 6 hunters per account (on three accounts).
And they each have their own thing.

I definitely wouldn't want my stables clogged up with the wrong hunter's pets.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Hcet
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Hcet »

Sukurachi wrote:
Hcet wrote:Ok we have account wide mounts, pets and achievements. Isn't it about time for account wide pets? :)
oh god no!!!!
But Blizzard could triple the stable slots and still use half the storage space in your case. It would save Blizzard space in enough to make it worth it. Keep from have to hunt down rares on my other Hunters. Talents are already stripped when they are stabled why not strip levels also so even your alts can use them!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hcet wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:
oh god no!!!!
But Blizzard could triple the stable slots and still use half the storage space in your case. It would save Blizzard space in enough to make it worth it. Keep from have to hunt down rares on my other Hunters. Talents are already stripped when they are stabled why not strip levels also so even your alts can use them!
I'm with Sukurachi; the pets I have in my stable on one hunter, I would never have on another - rare or otherwise. Such a setup might be convenient for hunters who don't do that, but it would mess up the rest of us.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I only have two Hunters, Danielfboone as a NE and on the Horde side, an Undead Hunter named DanielBone. In the beta and in PTR's I use the name Davycrockelf. I would like to see a bigger stable but not shared pets.

First thing though, they need to fix the stable bugs and talent losses before the prepatch hits.
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

When I rolled my second hunter, my guild boggled, when my third joined, after a good laugh we ended up renaming the class in my honor.

I don't know if Mists is going to necessitate a fourth hunter, but they might toss me in a padded room if I make one.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

after barely four?
how cruel!

I've literally stopped counting how many of my toons are Hunters... it's easier for me to count non-hunting classes, especially if I start taking into consideration toons on other servers than my mains.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

I wish they would just go all out and give us around 100 slots.

That would satisfy my need of pets and only having one slot for my hunter (I have one of each class on SoE).

But alas, Blizzard is not that considerate (yet).
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Honestly I'd love if you could make all 50 toons on one server. I know we have the 50 per account cap, but I'd like a higher per server cap seeing as there are no longer faction restrictions to speak of.
ImageImage
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I honestly think that no more stable slots should be added, ever.
Maybe 1 at the most, per expansion.
The way I see it:

You generally have your top 5 pets with you, or at least the pets you need with you. The other few favorites are frequently switched out.
The rest are ones you really like, but perhaps don't have the greatest bond with.
"Limited" space -- although I was never around for pre-Cata expansions, my mind boggles at the idea of having one, three, or five pets only -- forces you to make real decisions about the pets you want. "I really want this shiny new goat/basilisk/waterstrider/crane/etc! Hmm, how much do I use this seagull? He was kinda a whim tame anyway... SWAP!"

If you still need more slots, or are deeply attached to all of your 25 pets equally, then you make another hunter. It's as simple as that. Maybe your other hunter can bond with some new pets you'd never think of taming before!