Now that 5.0.4 is on the horizon...talent choices? :)

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Now that 5.0.4 is on the horizon...talent choices? :)

Unread post by Maizou »

15 - Narrow Escape (I find this incredible in both PvP and PvE) I cannot see myself EVER grabbing one of the other talents.
30 - Binding Shot in PvP/Questing, Wyvern Sting for Arena, should I ever actually do arenas, and Silencing Shot for PvE.
45 - Exhilaration. As far as I'm concerned, if you aren't choosing this talent, you are SEVERELY gimping yourself. I cannot for the life of me see why the others are ever useful. Iron Hawk only affects you. As you shouldn't be taking damage (at least the damage Iron Hawk mitigates), it's useless. I'd prefer instantaneous healing to over time. I can't tell you how many times that instant full heal on my pet saved my booty.
60 - Dire Beast for questinging/PvP. Thrill of the Hunt for PvE.
75 - A Murder of Crows in PvE, Blink Strike in PvP. (Being able to blink strike someone from 40 yards away while stealthed with camoflauge and having a spider/etc. is incredible)
90 - Glaive Toss. I've always loved Glaives. xD Though I'll probably grab power shot for questing.

Btw:

Narrow Escape + Binding Shot + Multi Shot as Marksman (which dazes targets it hits) + Barrage = Holy Mother of AoE kiting.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Depends on what you are doing... :-)

For soloing...

15 (really doesn't matter)
30 Binding shot, for times you need to kite (perhaps silencing for things that heal)
45 Iron Hawk (with possibly Spirit Bond at times when leveling)
60 Fervor
75 Blink Strike (great for snap aggro)
90 Dunno yet (they will be buffed and nerfed a few times between now and us getting to 90)

For raiding

15 (really doesn't matter)
30 Silencing
45 Iron Hawk
60 Fervor
75 Crows
90 Dunno yet (they will be buffed and nerfed a few times between now and us getting to 90)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandari ... lator#h!XM|

Dunno if the link will be correct but that's what I am thinking of using

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

This would be my talent selection as I play Beast Master exclusively. I am not interested in theory crafting about which selections gives the best DPS, but am instead interested in fun abilities that fit in well with the flow of hunter game play as I know it.

Level 15: Crouching Tiger Hidden Chimera (PvP and PvE) - The solid cooldown reduction for both abilities is better than the other two abilities in my opinion. This allows disengage to compete against abilities like charge that melee classes use to close with us. This ability also makes it much easier to depend upon to avoid PvE mechanics.

Level 30: Wyvern Sting (PvE) Silencing Shot (PvP) – Wyvern Sting is a solid second CC for soloing and dungeon groups while Silencing Shot is King in PvP and is quite useful in many PvE boss fights. Binding Shot is situational at best, but since it has such a short duration and a long cooldown it cannot compete against the other two abilities.

Level 45: Spirit Bond (PvE and PvP) – The amount of healing done every 2 seconds is substantial enough that it is preferable to the other two for both PvE and PvP. While exhilaration does give a 30% heal to you and a 100% heal to your pet it is on a 2 minute cooldown. During that same period of time Spirit Bond will have healed you and your pet for 120%. Of course Spirit Bond cannot take advantage of Readiness like Exhilaration which can be a lifesaver, but I have a preference for the passive healing.

Level 60: Fervor (PvE and PvP) – Fervor gives the opportunity for longer sustained DPS to be done by the hunter and his pet which is great for both PvP and PvE. The other two abilities are also quite good but I think that the short cooldown, the fact that the focus can be used on any ability and the fact that it restores focus to both you and your pet, makes it the superior choice. Of course Thrill of the Hunt might be useful as it is a passive ability, but only time will tell.

Level 75: Lynx Rush (PvE and PvP) – Of the three abilities I think that this ability works the best with BM, and when used in conjunction with other cooldowns like Beast Within it can be used for some great burst. Plus I just like the idea of my pet just going ape on someone.

Level 90: Powershot (PvE and PvP) – This ability gives a BM the ability to do a really powerful burst attack similar to aimed shot but even more substantial. The long cooldown does require it to be used with careful consideration, and when compared to the other two abilities it has the most interesting implications for for PvP. As for PvE It will be a great opener for giving agro to the tank or your pet.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

15: Crouching Tiger - I've always loved having shorter cds on them just in case.
30: Switching between Wyvern Sting and Silencing Shot
45: Spirit bond for questing and soloing, Aspect of the Iron Hawk for raiding
60: Originally was Dire Beast but the new change to it makes me not so sure.
75: A Murder of Crows
90: Havent decided yet.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

15: Pothaste (Love this)
30: Silencing Shot or Binding Shot (Not sure yet...)
45: Exhilaration (LOVE THIS)
60: Dire Beast (Too awesome! lol)
75: Lynx Rush (Maybe...)
90: I have not decided yet...D:
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

As BM I will be picking:

Posthaste -most relevant to my play style
Wyvern sting -I've always loved this ability and wished I could use it as BM, love the added CC.
Aspect of the Iron Hawk -Deal more damage and take less damage, works for my play style.
Dire Beast (Fervor is very close behind) -I love Fervor, I am really going to miss it, sucks that dire beast was added to this tier rather then the one with murder of crows...but the random added pet is neat. Might pick Fervor in my off-spec.
Murder of crows -Because Dire beast is no longer in this tier, this one becomes the most preferred, again, summoning more critters is awesome.
Glaive toss -Shortest CD, neatest visual effect, not channeled (not a fan of channeling as a hunter-except if it was Volley...RiP Volley)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

ma3lstrom
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by ma3lstrom »

Dire Beast is looking more interesting now that it lasts until canceled instead of just 15 seconds.

For raiding I'll be either SV or BM depending on the encounter.

15 - Posthaste
30 - Silencing Shot
45 - Aspect of the Iron Hawk
60 - Dire Beast
75 - A Murder of Crows
90 - Glaive Toss

Just remember Glaive Toss hits anything between you and the mob you're targetting and will break CC if you happen to throw your glaives through a crowd lol.

The best thing about the new talent system is you can switch out something for each boss or each pull if need be. Swapping out Silencing Shot in favor of Having Wyvern Sting for a second CC for example.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Where does it say Dire beast lasts until canceled? Checked talent tooltip on the site as well as in beta, says the beast will fight for you for 15 sec.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

ma3lstrom

Makoes wrote:Where does it say Dire beast lasts until canceled? Checked talent tooltip on the site as well as in beta, says the beast will fight for you for 15 sec.
The change is in the patch notes from the latest build. I don't think 16004 is on the Beta servers yet though.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/289 ... uild-16004

Hunter (Forums)

Talents
Dire Beast now lasts until cancelled, up from 15 sec.

Beast Mastery
Focus Fire now increases your ranged haste by 6% for each Frenzy stack consumed, down from 8%.

Survival
Black Arrow damage and AP scaling reduced by 6%.
Explosive Shot damage and RAP scaling reduced by 7%.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

That Dire Beast change...has to be a bug. Right? There's no way they'd give us something like that as a sort of summonable aura...aside from our actual pets, that is. :lol:
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

If dire beast lasts until cancelled..... well, I might just have to change my selection from Fervor to Dire Beast.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Still think there's got to be no way that's intended. There was another spell not long ago that bugged into lasting until cancelled until they fixed it, wasn't there?
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Still for leveling I'll go Blinkstrike and Fervor, and will then sort things out once it's time for raiding. We're likely going to see some more tweaks, and recalculating is getting tiring... (poor Zeherah...)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

There's no way it's intentional.

An extra pet that grants focus when it hits that is up at all times? In what way would anyone ever choose Thrill or Fervor?
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Beast Master here.

1. Narrow Escape
2. Binding Shot For the player versus player aspect of it!
3. Spirit Bond Alot better than it is now!
4. Dire Beast Hands down winner! No contest, with those 2 other choices! rofl
5. Blink Strike I'll love it so much especially for player versus player.
6. Power Shot Epic in player versus player.

And glyphs:

Camouflage This one's a game changer! I can't wait for it! We're gonna be so bad in player versus player! lol
Mending For the better pet mending
Explosive Trap Great knock back from a trap

Aspect of the Cheetah To finally get rid of the stupid dazed thing
Fetch
Fireworks
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I too don't think the new dire beast is intentional. It pretty much makes it a no brainer talent choice and will require us to always have it on. It takes away from the hunter and one pet aspect of game play if it's a permanent companion always out with us. I liked it better as a cd with limited duration. I liked seeing which beast gets summoned in which zone. The only permanent companion I want is my pet. The others like stampede, dire beast, or murder of crows are fun but only if they are limited in duration.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

On one end, if the Dire Beast is until cancelled which means we can have the option of two pets on us at one time, I think that is kinda cool. lol But then again, if I had it my way, I would want my entire stable following me around. xD Talk about OP though LOL

Yeah I was messing around with Beta a couple hours ago and it isn't the change isn't there yet. It is still the 15 seconds. I won't level up any toons though to 90 because I really want to save that for when MoP actually hits. I hate leveling, it is why I only have two 85's and grinding them both to 90 I am going to hate it. <.< Once I get my Mage up too, I got to get her to 90 as well. Oh and me and questing...yeah....I end up dungeon crawling most of my toons because I hate doing it. >.> I wish I enjoyed it more, but it is just...blah to me.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I'm going BM(as always) and this is provisionally what I'm looking at.

Posthaste - I like the concept of running faster afterwards; however, I might switch to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera after I play more.

Silencing Shot - No brainer there, finally an interrupt.

Spirit Bond - I'll be leveling with a shaman. We always level together so I don't really need heals. If I'm getting attacked personally there is something wrong. When I get to max level, I'll reassess which one to take.

Dire Beast - This just sounds fun and while leveling focus isn't that much of an issue. I'll have to see how much I miss fervor. I might switch back.

Blink Strike - This just sounds so cool and could be a great opener to get your pet at the enemy quickly or switch from one target to the next.

Glaive Toss - Of the three this sounded the most interesting.
ma3lstrom

Well the tooltip for Dire Beast was updated in the latest beta build, but the actual ability still only lasts 15 seconds. So either the tooltip text was updated inaccurately or the tooltip is right and the ability wasn't properly updated. My guess is the tooltip is just wrong but who knows.