Poll: can you see life in Fox Grove / Orchid Hollow?

Poll: can you see the NPCs in the Fox Grove / Orchid Hollow areas *after* completing JF quests?

ALLIANCE. Can't see life. Did quests before remodel of Jade Forest
38%
ALLIANCE. Can't see life. Did quests after remodel of Jade Forest
13%
ALLIANCE. Can see life. Did quests before remodel of Jade Forest
13%
ALLIANCE. Can see life. Did quests after remodel of Jade Forest
No votes
HORDE. Can't see life. Did quests before remodel of Jade Forest
13%
HORDE. Can't see life. Did quests after remodel of Jade Forest
No votes
HORDE. Can see life. Did quests before remodel of Jade Forest
13%
HORDE. Can see life. Did quests after remodel of Jade Forest
13%

Total votes: 8

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Poll: can you see life in Fox Grove / Orchid Hollow?

Unread post by Wain »

THIS POLL ONLY APPLIES IF YOU'VE ALREADY COMPLETED THE QUESTS IN THE FOX GROVE AND ORCHID HOLLOW AREAS, PREFERABLY ALL/MOST OF JADE FOREST AS WELL.

There seems to be some phasing issues in the Fox Grove / Orchid Hollow areas of the Jade Forest.

For at least some of us, all the wildlife is gone once we've completed the quests in the area. This dates back a long way. I remember months back people having to get a friend to drag Chibee out of the phased area so they could tame her. That problem seems to have persisted.

I know other people can see life there. I'm wondering if it's people who did the quests after Jade Forest was remodelled, or if it's a faction issue or what.

(Even if you have the phasing issue, you can see the life there is you stand in a different area and Eagle Eye in... it's only a problem when you're standing inside the area).

Please only vote if you've checked the area personally in this current build.

Thanks! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Poll: can you see life in Fox Grove / Orchid Hollow?

Unread post by Ziarre »

Man. Wish I could help with that since I did pre-remodel quests. :c /shakes fist at lack of access due to internets
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Alliance. Did quests both before and after the remodel. >_< I had the Sha up in Serpent's Heart before the remodel, then finished the chain after it. Have been able to see life outside the immediate area of Serpent's Heart regardless.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I've now edited the poll to accommodate extra toons by allowing multiple options. So if you have beta toons that are in different situations, you can report all of them in the one poll, and even add more later.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I just redid Jade Forest on a fresh template 85 toon, Alliance this time. And now the wildlife in Fox Grove and Orchid Hollow is phased out (though I can see it by eagle-eyeing in from other areas of Jade Forest). I can't say the exact point at which it vanished, but I think it was very much around the time that the statue was destroyed. It was certainly phased out at the time I was killing sha around the statue remains, because I popped over to check.

So it doesn't look like the issue is whether you did the quests before or after the zone remodelling. Instead I now wonder if the people who can still see wildlife are those that did the zone the earliest builds of the beta, before whatever flag is causing the phasing was introduced. I think I started a month or two after the first lot, but still well before the zone remodel.
Kalliope

Hrm, I think I did the quests around the same time you did....but I specifically did not finish the Sha questline until after the remodel because the quest leading to him was bugged and I couldn't get back on top of the hill until I hit 90.

YouTube Edition

Kalliope

Changing my vote to CAN'T see because something changed in the last build (not the current one, the one before it) and now Fox Grove is empty.

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So far it's 4 can't and 2 can. It doesn't seem to be faction-related, nor does it seem to matter if you did the quests before or after the remodelling of JF.

I think the phasing issue might occur around the time that the Jade Serpent smashes. I wonder if the players who can still see stuff in Fox Grove might have missed that critical step, or did it during a buggy time when they weren't flagged like everyone else...