It all starts Tuesday... who are you letting go?

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Re: It all starts Tuesday... who are you letting go?

Unread post by Sesamee »

Kalliope wrote:
Sesamee wrote:This has me thinking. Will we be able to tame Basilisks and the BC Water Striders on Tuesday seeing as how they are old content and not on Pandaria?? I'm thinking yes!
Yes, which is why this thread exists. ;)
OMG just chalk it up to a blonde moment! I blame crazy IRL stuff! :?
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

I really want a basilisk. I can't abandon anyone for one. :(

Though I'm super torn about Sambas. I love him to ickle pieces in a strange way, but... I've oodles of cats. Not sure whether to go from:

Image to Image

(Should've drawn the quillen a bit cuter, oops. :lol: )

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

As someone who got tamed by Sambas and is really desperately fond of her quilen, I can safely say that there are definitely some visual similarities between the two. That's why I could never look at the brown quilen myself; too similar!

Your siggy Floof is so perfectly adorable that I don't know how the in-game one can compete - so as far as I'm concerned, he lives here, no matter what you do. But it's got nothing to do with me, only how it hits you. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Neith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mannoroth

Unread post by Neith »

I let go of all the spirit beasts except for Loque, and keeping Chrommagus for a little while. I also let go of Kirix, which I think was server first, and I let go of my blue and green madexx's but I'll keep the red one a little longer (I named him PMS so it's hard to abandon him just yet - he's my pvp pet). I now have one page full of pets, and a jeweled scarab in the other page, and then one cat in my current stable, so I've let go of a lot of buddies, but I know I'll be taming at random when I level. I plan on taming a black tiger who will be my raiding pet, but I also plan on hunting down Savage and maybe the goat, and a red tiger who will probably be named Tigger because I won't be able to help myself.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I've already gone through a bunch of my stables and let some things go. Releasing SBs is hard, but Vyr released Magria (but is keeping Ankha), I let Krush go (but replaced him with the Razza), and let Skoll go so I could replace him with a Thundermaw that's actually a wolf.

Greenbriar I need to make a pass through, and Nythaniel... I'm not going basilisk-crazy because I hate their family skill, but I'll probably pick one up on most of my characters just to have (and in the eternal hope they'll give them a non-sucktastic skill someday). In a lot of ways, the patch/MoP isn't making me run after too many wholly new pets, but letting me bring out some that I love that were ever relegated to gimpiness due to being cunning. Also, hyenas/boars/rhinos with the vanishing of the useless bleed skill. Solix, whom I got awhile ago and never got to use due to my loathing of PVP, will now be taken out, dusted lovingly off, and turned into my primary tank, for example.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

No rares are leaving and they probably never will. I might abandon some like the old style cats for one of the new tigers.
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

@Nachtwulf:

I still would like a basilisk, but yeah, my excitement over them was severely dampened with Petrify being a "banish". I hope they change it because, well, basilisks. ;_;

Another thing I wanted to get was a Kun-Lai Raven. But the rigging is still terrible and it makes my back hurt just looking at them. : /
Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

I already had six pets which i was forced to abandon in the past because of the lack of space and my main was already packed with 25 full stable slots and i really didn't know who to abandon to make way for a Quilen and a Waterstrider...

...so i ended up leveling an orc hunter alt (my main is a worgen) who got those six previously abandoned pets and menaged to relocate away some pets which i liked but didn't really use on this new alt (including a Green Madexx whixh was a pain to track down again).

I have 3 empty slots now, one will be a Quilen, one will be a Water Strider, the last one could be a basilsk or a porcupine, don't know yet.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I've got 6 slots emptied out at the moment, and there's the possibility of others if I find it necessary. My own floofy lion's not in any immediate danger, and neither is my lovely spirit owl or Panzer. My pink tallstrider will probably be eternally there, too; I have to have someone to ship with Patranache when I get him.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Kalliope wrote:As someone who got tamed by Sambas and is really desperately fond of her quilen, I can safely say that there are definitely some visual similarities between the two. That's why I could never look at the brown quilen myself; too similar!

Your siggy Floof is so perfectly adorable that I don't know how the in-game one can compete - so as far as I'm concerned, he lives here, no matter what you do. But it's got nothing to do with me, only how it hits you. :)
There really are! My only alternative for taming MoP pets is to have some spontaneously morph into a different skin. Been squinting between the brown quilen and Sambas for some time. It's the lovely blue eyes that get me! :lol:

But eeep, it makes me so squeeful that people like the floofmonster! <3

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Kalliope

Vasken wrote:But eeep, it makes me so squeeful that people like the floofmonster! <3
I have no doubt in my mind that this is part of how Sambas was able to tame me in the end. Floof opened the door.

The tiny, adorable, floofy door. <3

Morphing can work! Thankfully. x_x I'd be in trouble myself otherwise. xD

YouTube Edition

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Right now just releasing pets I don't use often. I already released my moth on Wassa and got a serpent for the haste buff. Ptaysanwee will release her spider and eagle.

Just getting spore walkers for both of them tomorrow.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I went through a few weeks ago and just cleared my stable down to 6 pets. (Stable) 5 of them I don't want to get rid of. Well, I may release Namid. Not really attached to him as much as I use to be. I will probably get rid of Kahlassi and trade her in for a new tiger model. I plan to tame two, the cinnamon colored one and black one. I am not fond of the basilisk so I won't be taming them. I tamed one in Beta and they just didn't click with me.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

So it's tuesday - and everything is the same. Are the Eu-players getting changes later than the US-players? We also don't have any note on the log-in-screen saying anything about changes or an upcoming patch. Usually our patches come on wednesdays, but they announce them on the log-in-screen. Did I miss something?

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Finduilas wrote:So it's tuesday - and everything is the same. Are the Eu-players getting changes later than the US-players? We also don't have any note on the log-in-screen saying anything about changes or an upcoming patch. Usually our patches come on wednesdays, but they announce them on the log-in-screen. Did I miss something?
Everyone should be getting the patch at the same time they get the other patches.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Kalliope

American servers aren't going down until 3 am PT, if that makes a difference.

YouTube Edition

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I just went to the official blizzard page for Eu, and quite hidden I finally found a date. It's tomorrow for EU servers (wednesday).

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Finduilas wrote:I just went to the official blizzard page for Eu, and quite hidden I finally found a date. It's tomorrow for EU servers (wednesday).
You can't have been playing WoW for long then... Wednesday has always been patch day for us and always Tuesday for the US. Since those are the down times for the servers.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I've been playing wow for 6 years now, but it really confused me, that here in the forums everyone was talking about TUESDAY and I was like "omgwut? /panicmode on". Must be the time difference...

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Well a lot of people on these forums are from the US. There's a lot of people from the UK too, and I knew it would happen on Wednesday for us, I just never felt the need to bring it up. :P

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)