End of the Golden Age of hunter rare pets?...

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: End of the Golden Age of hunter rare pets?...

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Sukurachi wrote:
Wain wrote:It's only the new ones. None of the old ones are being changed.

ahhhh!! that explains it then.

I was finally able to find the right combination of words in google to get some of the info, but thanks for summarizing it here.

I wonder... I'm colourblind. do you think it will make finding these tracks difficult?
The tracks appear to be raised slightly so if you keep your ground clutter very low in your graphics options you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

We might be jumping the gun with the idea of changing eras though because we don't have spirit beasts yet and we know they're coming. We don't know how to catch them yet. I think the jury is still out on this one. The new challenge for me will be trying to tame one of those shiny blue spiky tigers while its Monk owner is unawares...hey those guys are all alcoholics maybe they won't notice. 8-)
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Bristlenose wrote:Some of the "rarity" might be lost but only in the large number we're getting and the potentially shorter timers on them but otherwise they could be even more exclusive/difficult to aquire than ever before.
This is what I'm thinking as well. Lots of people have hunters, if not as mains as alts, so lots of people will be hunting these new rares. I have a feeling the competition will be quite stiff in at first and then mellow out...you know, like always, lol.

I'm moving back to Kil'Jaeden before MoP hits. It's a very high pop server with a cut-throat pvp culture. I'm preparing myself for quite the time with the MoP rares I want, Bloodtooth, Hexapos, Pattranache, and the navy Portent. The last two are going to be major PITA's, I think.

Rare is a misnomer anyway. The truly rare pets are the ones you don't see many hunters with regardless of their in game status. I suppose though "rare" is easier to say than "slightly to seriously more difficult to acquire".

Speaking of rare, I never saw a single white sabercat until I tamed my Dulcinea. Now there are like 3 or 4 on my server! Copycats, lol! My other "rares" that I rarely to never see anyone with are my pink wasp, yellow lava spider, and brown silithid. Those are my real rares! :D :headbang:
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sukurachi wrote:I wonder... I'm colourblind. do you think it will make finding these tracks difficult?
It depends on who you're tracking and on what terrain. Turning your ground clutter all the way down and liquid detail to fair should help (whether you're colorblind or not!). I'm including tracks in all of my pet videos, so you can test yourself there a bit. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!