Red Portent graphical issue

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Red Portent graphical issue

Unread post by Quiv »

Has anyone else noticed the red Portent's face? The "whiskers" are solid red rectanges, and the eyebrows look like a design that hasn't had the surrounding paper cut off. Kinda struck me as odd.

Compared against the green. Green doesn't have whiskers that some of the others do (beyond grooves on his frame) and the eyebrows appears properly "trimmed" (if that makes any sense.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Red Portent graphical issue

Unread post by Wain »

It looks like the alpha mask for the skin is missing, or hasn't been applied. I wonder if others are seeing this as well.

The copy of the skin that I have definitely has the alpha mask, but it could have been accidentally removed later. Unless it was just a temporary graphics glitch with your client?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i havent been on for a while but yes i noticed this too on my portent.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yep, it's definitely the alpha mask. Looks like it was accidentally removed from that skin. I checked all the other quilen skins and all the rest are fine. I let Noah know. Thanks. Good catch :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.