WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Kil'Jaeden
I thought about blowing all the cd's except for Rapid Fire then Rapid Fire and then Readiness but it would probably turn out to be a dps loss since all cd's blown except Bestial Wrath would benefit from Rapid Fire on that first round.

My Stable

My Hunter Blog

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:06 pm 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Sesamee wrote:
I thought about blowing all the cd's except for Rapid Fire then Rapid Fire and then Readiness but it would probably turn out to be a dps loss since all cd's blown except Bestial Wrath would benefit from Rapid Fire on that first round.

Hrmm maybe all the cds except Bestial wrath then? I wish that readiness had a shorter cool down for testing purposes. Didn't help I kept forgetting to set my timer. bleh too tired to do any real testing or experimenting. I'll do some tomorrow. I will say double Dire Beast is a really cool thing.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Stormreaver
I've been playing with the CDs as well. From blowing them all at once to staggering them on top of each other. I find that casting rapid fire midway thru BW keeps a more steady focus regen for fitting more arcane shots in the mix, and if timed right, can get 2 consecutive dire beasts in, (one before and after readiness).

I like the new direction personally. I don't feel like I'm arcane shot spamming as much since there's other CDs to manage and abilities to time for priority. I really like how he spec is pet focused, and feel that as a master of beasts, your main focus should be your beasts. It may require more practice for some to get better at pet management, but that's what gives it a unique feel.

If you miss your set and forget pet play style, there's still MM and survival.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 pm 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Ghostlands
Myrrmi wrote:
I am too busy packing alts up for Pandaria

Whatcha packing?

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:29 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Draka
I have always loved the BM spec and now in MoP it only gets better. They improved our AOE ability with Beast Cleave and if you talent Lynx Rush, your AOE gets even better. I don't mind the nerfs to Worms and Chimeras because honestly, I don't have either one in my stable. I also raid 10 mans and have never seen a situation where I could add a missing buff. All the buffs that pets bring are duplicated and canceled out by other player's abilities, even in 10 mans. I almost always run with a Spirit Beast with his heal macroed to be manually cast on me. I can also use it on other players in a pinch. You could even macro it to cast on the tank and lessen the load on dedicated healers. In MoP, we have the Quilens who bring a new dimension to the table for BM Hunters, a battle rez.

Losing interest in BM? I don't see how anybody could.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4