Stampede Ability and Appearance Buff Pets in BGs

Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Stampede Ability and Appearance Buff Pets in BGs

Unread post by Araela »

Hey all,

I haven't had a chance to test this on the PTR- but I wanted to ask since I couldn't find a thread regarding this. (Perhaps there is one, I may just be blind!)

My question is:

If you have an appearance buff pet in your stables, and it gets called out in a BG when you use Stampede, does it then lose the appearance buff?
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Stampede Ability and Appearance Buff Pets in BGs

Unread post by Araela »

I'm guessing nobody knows.. lol! Makes me a little wary of using the ability in BGs once we are 87 unless I glyph to copy my current pet. I really like the idea of bringing pets out of my stables though!
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Hehe. I've tested it many times. Yes, they all stay. XD For instance, if you only have one pet with you if duplicates that one. Sooooo 1 flaming pig = FIVE FLAMING PIGGYS. Or you can have something like an oil wolf, oil hawk, flame pig, purple bear, and misty bird all out at once. :mrgreen:
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Araela »

That's cool! -- but my concern is does the oil-stained wolf then lose it's appearance buff in BGs? Because it used to be that, because it was a buff, it would be removed if you brought that pet out in PVP. I'm worried that if stampede calls my wolf or my piggy that they will lose the buff permanently.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I believe Oil-coated Wolf only loses its buff in Arena. But, I'm not positive and am hesitant to try it out.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Araela »

Akycha wrote:I believe Oil-coated Wolf only loses its buff in Arena. But, I'm not positive and am hesitant to try it out.
Understandably! That's why I wanted to ask here and see if anyone had beta tested it. I really like the idea of calling pets from my stables rather than making copies of my current pet but if I need to get that glyph to keep my appearance buffs then I will do it! lol