Black Dragonflight STILL lives! Also enchant previews!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Black Dragonflight STILL lives! Also enchant previews!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Could've done something for said dragon that was worthy of their companionship.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Jessibelle wrote:Could've done something for said dragon that was worthy of their companionship.
Aye, always a possibility. I just think it's less likely (but certainly not impossible!) because of the way Blacks tend to work- most of them seem to be very, very arrogant and proud, so you'd have to do something really legendary to really get their attention.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

people rp as dragon? .....
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

pop wrote:people rp as dragon? .....
They do! It's not very common (or rather, it's common but not very well done in most cases) but I've seen it pulled off. That's kind of why I'm so happy about this news, it means those players that RP with/around/as Black dragons (and they are RARE and hard to find, especially if you want to find realistic ones) don't have to kill their characters or make up an excuse.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

When it comes to the black drakes affecting characters in story lines/rps I always viewed them as 1) the hero/heroine is strong enough to ignore what the drake says since the hero/heroine knows the history of the Black Dragon flight, 2) the hero/heroine succumbs to the drake and becomes their servant. Which now is a great guise if Wrathion is still on his campaign to remove Azeroth of all other Blacks.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I would imagine the manipulation to be on the down low by now in the case of the latter, Wrathion is now center stage and unless the dragon wants to lose their head, it's a good idea to lay low.

For me, it's not so much an idea of what my character has done (it's more a matter of what she hasn't done. Being a head strong creature, she rarely follows orders to the point of assaulting her own guild leader and putting him into an execution stance in the mud in front of the guild for very minor reasons). She's pretty much gone hand to hand with most of her mounts. To me, it's why I've decided this dragon was this way in my head... like how people just know the personality they want for their pets or characters, I decided on one for my drake, and now I know why (or maybe I did before, I haven't touched my warrior for so long that I keep snapping back to "Oh yeah!" now and then).

I love RPing the crazies. >.>

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Could've done something for said dragon that was worthy of their companionship.
Aye, always a possibility. I just think it's less likely (but certainly not impossible!) because of the way Blacks tend to work- most of them seem to be very, very arrogant and proud, so you'd have to do something really legendary to really get their attention.
Well if you were amongst the heros to free them from Deathwing's reign of terror...that's pretty legendary. XD

and yes pop. :3 I've got 3 dragons girls myself: Melanthia, Floradormi, and Kanagosa.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Pretty much for any dragons from an unfriendly flight...I see my characters going 'I've killed bigger, meaner, and smarter dragons than you, you'll listen if you like life.'

I don't RP, but I tend to have a 'feel' for what my toons are like anyways. XD;
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:Pretty much for any dragons from an unfriendly flight...I see my characters going 'I've killed bigger, meaner, and smarter dragons than you, you'll listen if you like life.'

I don't RP, but I tend to have a 'feel' for what my toons are like anyways. XD;
That also works, yeah. XD Rp allows you to get creative with stuff like that.

LisaaraPokefarm

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Pfft I've only actually ever properly RP'd one dragon, and that was only in Forum RP (For some reason, the idea of RPing dragons in game sort of bothers me. I really wouldn't ever RP a dragon unless the group I'm RPing with it is aware OOCly and is okay with it. Dragons tend to be so OP and poorly played people are often leery of them, so I wouldn't ever force a dragon char on other people). But yes, dragons can be executed well. The biggest mistake I see is people assume their dragons can in fact go around in dragon form in places or can be partially dragon in places or can go around telling everyone they're a dragon.

That said, I feel like black dragons would be extremely difficult to RP these days and you could only really RP them in the OLs, which makes it fairly unexciting. Still, if that's your cup of tea, more power to you. As long as you do it right. For dragon mounts, I agree with Lupis. Lore wise, they're rarely in proper dragon form. (More often than not, my drake mounts accompany my chars in human form and only take dragon form outside of towns to take them places. But then again I rarely in-game RP so it's irrelevant.)
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I see Sabellion as a dragon who existed back in the days before Neltharion became evil and twisted. Black Dragons never, ever, had strong feelings that werent full of acidic distaste for other flights and of non-dragonkin. But they kept themselves in check for the most part. I see the black dragonflight (uncorrupted) like crocodiles. They can exist in large groups but fight without warning and without end over territory, food, females (though in dragon society only the aspect mates). But they can also live happily alone. And alone or in groups, they always show distaste to other beings who step too close (so long as they know they can overpower the intruder).

Though i dont play as a Black Dragon, i do have a char who im pretending is a very resourceful and sly twilight dragon. One of the purebloods. She's always had different intentions then her siblings and Deathwing and hightailed it out as soon as she had a chance. She acts much like existing black dragons in humanoid forms such as Nalice and her sibling that sits at the black dragonshrine but she's manipulated certain figures to make it appear that she's nothing more then a powerful blood elf warlock. Thats also exactly as i play her. My MRP shows she is indeed a twilight dragon (to make it clear to players not their characters) but i play her as a blood elf warlock, since, well, it wouldnt be very smart to strut around as a twilight dragon after the atrocities they commited. She'd be killed on sight if her identity was revealed.

Its doubtful by Blizz lore that any of them actually survived, but i dont RP with people who frown upon my personal tastes so she'll always be a twilight dragon in disguise by my eyes. All my RP's except for my troll hunter's is completely made up from scratch, taking inspiration rather then fact from existing lore.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Xakaal wrote: Its doubtful by Blizz lore that any of them actually survived, but i dont RP with people who frown upon my personal tastes so she'll always be a twilight dragon in disguise by my eyes. All my RP's except for my troll hunter's is completely made up from scratch, taking inspiration rather then fact from existing lore.
I always wondered about Goriona. Since you don't kill her in the raid, I wouldn't be surprised to see her again.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

7seti wrote:
Xakaal wrote: Its doubtful by Blizz lore that any of them actually survived, but i dont RP with people who frown upon my personal tastes so she'll always be a twilight dragon in disguise by my eyes. All my RP's except for my troll hunter's is completely made up from scratch, taking inspiration rather then fact from existing lore.
I always wondered about Goriona. Since you don't kill her in the raid, I wouldn't be surprised to see her again.
Ooh thats right! Omg forgot alllll about that encounter :0 Awe man that gives me so much hope <3333 :lol: possibly a fleeting dream to have it become stated lore but it makes me feel better about my RP :lol:

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oooh. That's a good observation. Twilights may not be extinct afterall!

I ran into someone who rps the Stone Drakes, which was rather interesting to say the least.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Jessibelle wrote:Oooh. That's a good observation. Twilights may not be extinct afterall!

I ran into someone who rps the Stone Drakes, which was rather interesting to say the least.
That sounds awesome.. well, in my mind it always starts out fabulous until i actually see how one RP's as one.. though im not even sure if they technically have the ability to shapeshift.. but if they can pull it off well, then thats epic!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Oooh. That's a good observation. Twilights may not be extinct afterall!

That sounds awesome.. well, in my mind it always starts out fabulous until i actually see how one RP's as one.. though im not even sure if they technically have the ability to shapeshift.. but if they can pull it off well, then thats epic!
They did it pretty well, least from the little that I saw. Overall, I just thought it was clever cause I never saw anyone rp one before. x3 I dunno if there's lore on the stone drakes...If there is, WoW never really went into it. Would be neat if they were a new flight.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Stone drakes have never even been seen to talk, so it seems likely that they're not very intelligent. They seem to understand enough to rebel or make alliances, but past that, they may not be capable of much more.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ket Shi wrote:Stone drakes have never even been seen to talk, so it seems likely that they're not very intelligent. They seem to understand enough to rebel or make alliances, but past that, they may not be capable of much more.
Probably not. I'm sure maybe in the future they could evolve.

LisaaraPokefarm