Confirmation - no stable slots being added

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Confirmation - no stable slots being added

Unread post by Kalliope »

I like the idea of shared stable slots - some hunters I want more on, and others, I want fewer. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I'm good with the number I have. As it is I have 7 or so slots that are animals but not really pets. I think of it as they are just hanging out with my pets for awhile.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'd prefer it remain as it is, but my feelings wouldn't be hurt if we got more. I uh...have a wee spirit beast collection, and cats keep attaching themselves to me.

But when I remember the days of three (effectively two) stable slots, I am very, very happy with what we've got and won't ask for more.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Ziarre wrote:I'd prefer it remain as it is, but my feelings wouldn't be hurt if we got more. I uh...have a wee spirit beast collection, and cats keep attaching themselves to me.

But when I remember the days of three (effectively two) stable slots, I am very, very happy with what we've got and won't ask for more.
Yea I remember that I was so sad when I had to let Cedric go to free up a slot. I was so happy when they upped us up to 5. Twenty-five was just WOW! When we got that I immediately went back and got Cedric.
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

Another five would be fine, given that we have even more families now. If they didn't add families each xpac, stagnant stable slots would be fine, but since they insist on adding more families (like we really need more lol) then I think a small bump in stables is in order. Just my opinion.
Wut?
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Tulune wrote:Another five would be fine, given that we have even more families now. If they didn't add families each xpac, stagnant stable slots would be fine, but since they insist on adding more families (like we really need more lol) then I think a small bump in stables is in order. Just my opinion.

This is exactly how I feel. I started when we had two stabled pets and one active, so yeh, every slot bump was a huge deal to me! I would have been absolutely fine with them staying as they are, except for this reason you stated- new families.

5 slots, even if a huge gold sink, would be ideal in my eyes. I have a lot of pets that I can never part with, due to being attached to them, and also because they are not in the game any longer (Lord Lakmaeron). Sure there are pets with the same skin but it wouldn't be the same. Am I a weirdo? Yeh, probably.

Then there's the appearance buff pets. I only have 2, and love them dearly. I've already released a few pets I wasn't bonded with to try to make room for Mists. I'm not taming ALL of those new families, but the Quilen is a definite. I love the new tigers and wanted one of those and also a goat... but since I tamed a Basilisk, I'm not sure if I will have room for them.

The thing that is filling most of my slots are likely what is filling up most hunter stables- Spirit Beasts. I use pretty much all of my pets, moreso now with the new trees, but I'm going to have to start snipping pets out of my stables that I AM attached to... sucks, but what can you do :|

I don't have Ghostcrawler, and sadly Gondria would be the weak link and the only one of my SBs that I would be able to release. Aside from the SBs, I don't have many multiples of families. I'm contemplating releasing Kirix, which kills me, and as a last resort, Deth, which kills me even more. Sambas and Skarr didn't make the cut unfortunately, as much as I loved them...

All in all I don't NEED to tame the new pets- but it is a bummer seeing awesome pets and not being able to get them!
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Wain wrote:And there's really nothing wrong with a bit of collecting :)
This, essentially. I am not bothered by what he said, so much as the way that he said it. His second comment sounded very much like a put-down. People like to collect things, achievement or not, and with the wide variety of pets available, it's only natural that people will want to collect them. And not just rares, though honestly if someone puts in the time to fill their stable with rare pets I say well done to them.

Bangeall, for one, currently has five cats. So yes, I am a "crazy cat-hoarding lady". :headbang:

I am prepared to make cuts in my stable for new or more useful pets, so I'm content with twenty five slots, but I'm not going to say that we shouldn't get any more at some stage. I do agree to an extent with the "less is more" philosophy, but I also don't see how the urge to collect pets is a bad thing for a hunter. Maybe that is not the "intention", but that doesn't make it wrong.

Crazy cat-lady signing out. :D
Kalliope

Putting in a request for a picture of a spirit crab surrounded by some grumpy-looking female hunters and their many, many cats. :D EDIT: And others with lava spiders! Not going to leave out the spider-bros! And in fairness to all, de-genderizing, since there are plenty of guys with cats and gals with spiders. ;)

All in fun, of course - I just think that if GC phrased things the way he did, he and the team might not realize just how many collectors there really are out there!
Last edited by Kalliope on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YouTube Edition

Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

hehe i like the idea of that picture, i would love to see it too :).
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

*raises hand

I captured every challenge spider in Molten Front. Does that make me a demented spider bro?
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Kalliope wrote:Putting in a request for a picture of a spirit crab surrounded by some grumpy-looking female hunters and their many, many cats. :D
OMG with CRZ we could totally do this! At least something good would come from that mess! If anyone wants to do it pm me for my realid!!! :D
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

When one considers that companions (non-combat pets) have essentially become "Pokemon! gotta catch them all!", I think GC's comment about "collecting" is a tad snarky and overboard.

Obviously Blizzard DOES want some aspects of the game to involve "collecting".

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

He did go on to say this...

Why not a happy balance of just as many slots as rares?
GC: Potentially, but we just added a lot of rares.

its on the MMO champ page with his tweets.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I can't help but feel...

Where would the line get drawn then, if not where it already is with 25 slots? Where would it stop? At a tab like the vanity pets? why not then just auto-grant hunters every pet as they level up then, so that at lv cap we know every tamable pet? Hunters would be able to use whatever, and pets would be nothing more then glorified buffs, like a shaman totem, and look what happened to those?

I can understand the aspects of the game that blizzard wants "collecting" to be in, its in an area that involves every player and not just one class.

The closest other "pet" class, the warlock, look what they have...now look what we have, and loot what we HAD...3 slots...now 25, and still people want more.

Maybe its just me, but what really makes me bond with a pet is the hard decisions on who to have in my stable and who not to. When it was only 3 slots, that decision was all the tougher, one main pet, one secondary and one toss-away-skill-pet. Not to mention that pets did not auto level, so it was all the more important to focus on raising pets.
Now we have 25 slots, auto-level, Auto-skills, and the only thing we have left to make our hunters unique is what we choose to tame!

People get to greedy and next thing we know, the next change could leave us with auto-learning one of each family, and no-longer having any choice...

...I've just seen to many bad things happen to classes because people weren't happy with what they had...I'd hate to loose what we do have because some people can't leave this dusty bone alone...especially when we already have a nice juicy one.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kalliope wrote:Putting in a request for a picture of a spirit crab surrounded by some grumpy-looking hunters and their many, many cats. :D EDIT: And others with lava spiders!

All in fun, of course - I just think that if GC phrased things the way he did, he and the team might not realize just how many collectors there really are out there!
We could turn it into a big rumble, cats vs. bugs! :) Or even worse, just leave Ghostcrawler to the mercies of our ferocious kitten mini-pets!
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

While I would love to have more, I am eventually sure that we'll get em.

And a "Bad" about the shared stable space.... Yea I can see myself making at least 20 hunters so I can have extra stable slots this way. And I imagine a lot of others would too lol
Kalliope

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Putting in a request for a picture of a spirit crab surrounded by some grumpy-looking hunters and their many, many cats. :D EDIT: And others with lava spiders!

We could turn it into a big rumble, cats vs. bugs! :) Or even worse, just leave Ghostcrawler to the mercies of our ferocious kitten mini-pets!
FITE SPIRIT CRAB FITE! OH GOD THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM!!!!!

If done properly, he'd probably get a kick out of it, as well as the point. ;)

YouTube Edition

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh ooh I wanna be a crazy spider lady! :D
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Hehe, yeah, I tamed all the MF spiders. They're great. :D But I think I am a crazy parrot lady...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

to me, stable space should have evolved as the game does. more beasts, more rares equals more competition for the slots we have. it doesnt have to go to a stupid high number, but for it evolve as the game does seems only natural.